Linking to GOG.com account?

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Linking to GOG.com account?

Postby Styx » 16 Jun 2020, 23:33

FtXCommando wrote:The issue is out of our hands, there is nothing for us to make a priority.
Though we are keeping in contact with GOG to resolve the issues as smoothly as possible.

If at any point the FAF community can weight in to help this thing progress, I think we should. Whether it's via a petition or any other way to show there are a lot of people behind this.

Let us know if anything like that is planned in the near future to help make this GoG Link (or remove the link altogether) happen.
Styx
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Styx

Postby mirddes » 31 Jul 2020, 07:01

Gameranger supports supreme commander and forged alliance, has done for years. it would be great if the news post could be updated to reflect this. its currently 3rd on google for "gog faf"

Mentioning gameranger is a great idea and I'm surprised no one thought of it earlier, massively disappointed in myself actually.
Gameranger is a popular software used to play old games online. It has a massive list of supported games and when gamespot got shut down even EA contributed to gameranger with permissions etc
It's how total annihilation gets played and is how I would have a 16player game of LOUD
the bad news for gog post should be amended to reference this silver lining. right now its essentially spreading misinformation about the current ability of gog players to play online. because they can play online and here's how ;). tis a shame it's not faf but it is what it is
im not suggesting a new news post, just an amendment to the current one.
for google
mirddes
Banned

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: mirddes

Postby tatsu » 31 Jul 2020, 15:34

mirddes wrote:tis a shame it's not faf but it is what it is

An understatement if I ever saw one.

This is misrepresentation.

plain and simple.

With an objective and honest mindset it's impossible to say : "yeah there's this.... and between this... or faf... same difference, reeeeeeeeeally"

FaF is not just a multiplayer solution. not since 2009.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby ZLO_RD » 31 Jul 2020, 18:33

mirddes wrote:Gameranger supports supreme commander and forged alliance, has done for years.

is not it just VPN + a chat room?
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Previous

Return to General Discussions