New client opening page - concept

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: New client opening page - concept

Postby nine2 » 08 May 2020, 01:05

@Farmsletje - I like your idea about turning off the last visited tab setting

@Morax - it is a couple of days of work, but I would allow a month because I have a lot of other stuff on. There is a chance that other people might like to help out. On top I'd need to convince a java dev to make some changes and release a new faf client, which might add delay.

@biass - you bring up decent points but I am not looking at making the best layout in the world here. I am just trying to bring filling a void as fast as possible: we need classy news that showcases how exciting, interesting and thriving FAF is is. So I'm not going to worry too much about tag system etc, it's just about being enticing and that goal has already been fulfilled with the current design. This is a port of news.com.au by the way.

if you want to jump on board and add in some designs then yes please - if you want to try your own layout go for it! happy to take on any ideas that dont collide with any of my goals, and doesnt blow out my dev time. if you are serious about this maybe we should have a voice chat.

"Where will you get your copywriters/imagery from, or who?". Anyone can submit content but I will reword things a bit to give it a spin. I will also prioritise it for example, wont let Nomads have 8 posts at once. However I am totally cool with Nomads replacing their own article with a new one. If anyone is keen to join me on my copywriting quest I am very keen for that to happen. However, for the first few months I plan on doing this myself to set the tone and give it a certain spin. I just want to set a quality level and demonstrate what can be achieved, which leads into my next point

"Also, ladder gets a gold bar?" One part of my spin will be to plug the crap out of ladder. Besides being a basic news source, I'm going to make ladder cool. If ThomasHiatt is smashing ladder I plan on saying that over and over again. If someone casts ladder I'm going to promote that. If some noob rises to the top of the pack, I'll say it. Then I'll pull out the ladder stats after a month and see if had any effect.

Another thing you can do with the platform is just recognise peoples work... like you should recognise your map in the bottom right hand corner. I'd love to interview devs on an Ice Adapter update. I'd like to hat tip Usevo for his neverending forum work. Etc. I'd love to promote Nomads by explaining what the team is about and how they produce their own content, and direct contributors to their project. What they are doing is really cool and wouldn't it be nice if every few days when you jumped on you saw the image of the latest unit they are working on?

The truth is, for me FAF is a really interesting place to be. There is a lot of energy here but you can't see it. I just want a platform to share it with people.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Re: New client opening page - concept

Postby Bennis- » 08 May 2020, 01:20

I think it's great. Someone please add this new UI to my promotion councillor application. Under my leadership it would look like that.
Bennis-

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Bennis

Previous

Return to General Discussions