Do you ever wish eco balance was less sensitive?

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Do you ever wish eco balance was less sensitive?

Postby Bennis- » 11 May 2020, 19:43

You fool. Engi mod is super useful to fix engineer pathing issues and blocking shit and FPS issues and shit. It's not at all in the same ball park as your ui littering t2 and T3 storage option. It's not worth the time to make an icon and it makes it even less likely that noobs will ever understand the game. How about adjecancy bonuses Mr. Einstein.
Bennis-

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Bennis

Postby Steel_Panther » 11 May 2020, 20:00

Bennis- wrote:You fool. Engi mod is super useful to fix engineer pathing issues and blocking shit and FPS issues and shit. It's not at all in the same ball park as your ui littering t2 and T3 storage option. It's not worth the time to make an icon and it makes it even less likely that noobs will ever understand the game. How about adjecancy bonuses Mr. Einstein.

No, because things that are "helpful" are still according to your logic "needless" because apparently they have to be "NECESSARY." Now you're just arbitrarily saying that engi mod is "necessary" when I would just counter with your exact argument "hey just build more t1 engies instead of support factories." why do we even have higher tier pgens if you can just build more t1?! explain why they are not "needless!" rofl.
Obviously I think engi mod is a good idea. The exact same logic applies for higher tier storages. Is it really too much work, when blackops ALREADY has them? rofl
Steel_Panther

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: Steel_Panther

Postby Bennis- » 11 May 2020, 20:31

! ratings led-panther

Sit down now you fool to heavy to carry yourself out of your noob bracket
Bennis-

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Bennis

Postby Typo91 » 18 Jun 2020, 15:48

Supcom 2, you want to play supcom2
Typo91

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Typo91

Postby ConditionZero » 18 Jun 2020, 18:59

To answer your point.

Build a mod that increases the effectiveness of storage, and additionally, increase the build time for all units/structures. This will reduce the change in eco rate reduction, and increase your time to adjust.

It changes the way the game flows, but won't completely break it. I personally wouldn't care for it, but if it suits you and your play group then perfect.

Good luck, and have fun!
ConditionZero
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: ConditionZero

Postby Steel_Panther » 18 Jun 2020, 20:44

One thought I had would be the option to choose how your economy is prioritized if you do stall.

E.g. if you power stall, you can choose that full power still goes to your shields (so your mexes and factories take even more of a production hit since they receive less energy). Maybe you could even designate certain shields (or other structures) that are top priority, and others that are low priority and are shut down first. E.g. if you stall mass your t1 factories are shut down, but your t2 or t3 keep operating.
Or if you stall power, engineers building power are prioritized.

Or if you mass stall, nuke and smd are still allocated their full needs, and everything else is slowed down more instead.

Maybe you can arrange priorities in any order from various categories like: 1) nuke/smd, 2) land factories, 3) air factories, 4) naval factories, 5) engineers building experimentals, 6) engineers building structures, 7) engineers assisting, [or just "engineers" as one category if you don't want so much fine tuning] 8) shields, 9) mass fabs, etc.

Or maybe you can just pick one or two priorities and then everything else gets resources distributed evenly (like it currently is).

I'm not sure if this is possible to implement in the game, and being able to choose that your shields or mexes still receive full power might be very OP and greatly reduce the tactical complexity of the game, as armachan noted. So maybe only certain types of options of this nature might be acceptable.

Of course, you can manually pause things to completely avoid a stall and achieve the same result, so this would just automate that according to the priorities you picked and reduce the micromanagement. I suppose this is a bit like mass fab manager or ecomanager, but more specific. So yeah, maybe this would make the game too easy, but maybe just a very limited version of this prioritization could be justified, like nuke/smd missile production or something else.
Steel_Panther

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: Steel_Panther

Postby Captcha-Lover » 18 Jun 2020, 23:41

I like that idea.

Like target priorities.

Advanced economic priorities

Strogo?
Captcha-Lover
Crusader

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Captchagachi

Postby betrok » 19 Jun 2020, 07:50

UI party provides a way to pause stuff by category. Like all the air facts and assist on them at once. It's still manual control though and I never really use this feature %)
betrok

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: betrok

Previous

Return to General Discussions