How does the ranked 1v1 works?

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

How does the ranked 1v1 works?

Postby serjio » 18 Apr 2020, 08:34

I recently decided to come play again on this wonderful game and since I succeeded in convincing my sister and her bf to play it too, I've decided to try and go make some ranked 1v1 while they DL/learn the basics. However, while I have many popups telling me that a ranked 1v1 game is available, I'm in the queue since 30 minutes. Is there anything more to do than clicking on "search a game"? Or is it just that there aren't that many players atm and the popups are just fake positives?
serjio

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: How does the ranked 1v1 works?

Postby estraNicole » 19 Apr 2020, 10:12

This is how it works, you click on "search game" and when the countdown reaches zero, you either get a game started or you'll have to wait for another round. These popups haven't been good indicators for me too and felt more like spam, so I deactivated them. Waiting for long periods or having to face the same opponent again and again or getting opponents far off your rating are signs that there are currently not enough players searching for a ladder game. Usually, at times where many people are online (1500+ players in the chat window) it isn't too hard finding a match. I also found it somewhat harder getting matched when I started laddering and my rating was ~0.
estraNicole

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: estraNicole

Postby biass » 19 Apr 2020, 13:12

in short:

- The "Players of your level are searching for a game" popup is leftover functionality of the OLD matchmaking system
- The NEW matchmaking system will launch games in three minute intervals if a player of your skill level is also waiting for a match
- It's required functionality for the Team Matchmaker system that is being developed
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Flynn » 29 Apr 2020, 09:24

biass wrote:in short:

- The "Players of your level are searching for a game" popup is leftover functionality of the OLD matchmaking system
- The NEW matchmaking system will launch games in three minute intervals if a player of your skill level is also waiting for a match
- It's required functionality for the Team Matchmaker system that is being developed

Interesting explanation, thanks. I was wondering why the old system was changed since it seemed better and more dynamic in that it would tell you when someone else was searching, but you have just answered that by saying the new system was implemented for team matchmaking, so that's cool.
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Return to General Discussions