Concerns regarding faf promo

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Concerns regarding faf promo

Postby Bennis- » 23 Apr 2020, 11:58

Rowey wrote:The most play 3 maps in my eye is because they are unable to get a game on diffrent maps they get kicked instantly for a new player with the low game count not even giving them a chance so they are left to resort to play map here they can at least get a game. Like even now I'm pretty familiar with faf but idk who I can go to for game advice for someone whom is willing to learn their no up-to-date information to help.

What
Bennis-

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Bennis

Postby Mylaur » 28 Apr 2020, 13:28

C-Star wrote:
Rowey wrote:The most play 3 maps in my eye is because they are unable to get a game on different maps they get kicked instantly for a new player with the low game count [...]

... or it just takes too long to get a game started. I don't like GAP but its definitely the fasted way to get a game going. Yesterday I spend 20 Minutes in a lobby (Tabula Rasa). Got a nice game though but in that time there where 3 GAP-Games started.

We just need the Matchmaker, so its easier to get other maps.

And I'd like so suggest some kind of award-system. So you can earn reward when you play different maps.

I like team games but I don't like playing gap or anything forever all the time.

We definitively need a matchmaking for 2v2 and 3v3 and that will be easily more enjoyable. People don't like waiting but I'm sure if you take some of the "join gap because it's fastest" players and put them into the standard 2v2/3v3 map then you'd get something streamlined and nice out of it.
Mylaur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Mylaur

Postby C-Star » 28 Apr 2020, 14:37

Mylaur wrote:People don't like waiting but I'm sure if you take some of the "join gap because it's fastest" players and put them into the standard 2v2/3v3 map then you'd get something streamlined and nice out of it.

I'll be the first one :)
C-Star
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: C-Star

Postby Kalvirox » 01 May 2020, 12:55

So, I used to host games with the "all welcome" title. Hoping that yeah, maybe I'd get some new people who might want some help learning to play.
Nobody else wanted too because they cared too much about their rating or cba to try and balance the game.
I was the only person who did this before and I did meet a few new people which was nice.

Maybe some other people should do this as well to help newer players feel more involved? It'd be good to have an all welcome lobby or new players welcome etc, hosted often.

Or are you all weebs who don't think they will be able to get their rating back? ;)
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

Postby harzer99 » 01 May 2020, 22:30

I think if a lot more people were active on the FAF discord it would also help a lot. I don't really have the feeling people meet on the discord by random or people approach you if you want to play a game there and the discord is mostly for developers and management. The training program seems to be kind of working but in my opinion people often stay because they find a group to play with not because they learn the basics of the game and get hooked on their own. Clans could be so much stronger in this regard. But from the outside they are not more than a simple tag and I'm not sure if new players even know there is a link to the clan list in the client. Also clanpage still seems to be broken (sorting by numbers of members doesn't work). Forum clan thread is dead and the only sign of clans in the client are the tags in front of the names. I didn't even know clans were supported during my first games in faf.
But Clans also need to be willing to take in new members and train them from basically zero skill. Tbh I don't really enjoy playing with total newbies bc it is already impossible to get a nicely balanced game with only 1 on each team. But I can play one or 2 training games per evening and help our trainees improve. And now we have enough new players on our discord so that they can fill their own games.
Fixing the clan page and being able to give a visible tag as new player friendly/ looking for members might be the simplest improvement from a dev perspective.
harzer99
Crusader

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: harzer99

Postby Rowey » 01 May 2020, 22:40

harzer99 wrote:I think if a lot more people were active on the FAF discord it would also help a lot. I don't really have the feeling people meet on the discord by random or people approach you if you want to play a game there and the discord is mostly for developers and management. The training program seems to be kind of working but in my opinion people often stay because they find a group to play with not because they learn the basics of the game and get hooked on their own.

I can see you point of View here I’m in the Faf discord but I barley spend time their it dose kinds feel like it need some TLDR on it now that a lot of the other Councillors now have broken of their roles in to their on discords. it is not very enticing over their therefore I tend to be more active in other FAF related discords
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Previous

Return to General Discussions