counter cypr t2 crusier + stealth as UEF?

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

counter cypr t2 crusier + stealth as UEF?

Postby BeckettColt » 21 Mar 2020, 13:51

This combo decimates my navy , cant couter it tbh as UEF

Crusiers out range me, scouts die any my crusier usuali is first hing kileld so im blind, get killed at range and when trying to get in close, kiting makes my destor so weak therat fev t2 destros on enemy side are enough to finish it of.

i just have no ida how to center this, and spamming 2torps wont win the battle
BeckettColt

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: counter cypr t2 crusier + stealth as UEF?

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 21 Mar 2020, 17:54

If it's just Cybran cruisers, then the surface damage is really not that problematic. The cruiser surface fire is a small bonus. They're AA weapons with really low HP for their mass, when you compare to other naval units. Mass spamming frigates against this specific problem should help you win. But if the enemy navy is a bigger combination of units (as it usually is), then the best shot you'll have is with Torpedo Bombers. Use your torpedo bombers to attack the enemy navy with a split-attack (using the shift-g hotkey, you can look it up in-game with F1 to get the shortcuts, best done in a custom test-skirmish game so you have time to set up everything you need).

Torp bombers always kill cruisers effectively, mass wise (they'll kill any navy unit effectively in terms of mass). With the Cybran stealth you'll have to do one more thing: send a group of scouts over, and then You will need 5 torp bombers for each cruiser, and with stealth boats, you'll have to add 5 in for those as well. This is because a split-attack always splits units up in equal groups, even if that means group A will overkill enemy A, while group B doesn't kill enemy B. You'll avoid this problem by making sure you have 5 torp bombers for every unit you attack with split-attack.

If Cybran destroyers also get involved, the problem will be much bigger. Stealth T2 navy is one of the Cybran strong points, while UEF T2 navy is weak. You have to get a combination of units that 's less necessary for other factions, and the destroyers are outranged by Aeon and Cybran destroyers. So as UEF T2 navy you'll have issues against both Aeon and Cybran. Torpedo bombers are always a good answer, because of this mass-effective killing. If you have the opportunity, you can get UEF T3 navy and start building battlecruisers. A battlecruiser with some shield boats as support can kill one destroyer after another while barely taking any damage. But the key is always go have a good combination with UEF navy, that's where their strength comes from, although it is expensive.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Evan_ » 21 Mar 2020, 20:18

Cybran is trading off a lot of dps and mass with stealth boats + cruisers. And at 80 range Cybran Destros miss a lot of shots. If you just stay at T1 navy and just micro a swarm of frigates then it's hard for Cybran to break through; he might get a few free kills from range but he won't destroy much of your navy or secure any large pile of naval reclaim. Your opponent is spending a whole T2 HQ, stealth boat, and cruisers more than you without gaining much. You can use this to out eco your opponent and then get mass T2 navy, torps, T3 air, ect.
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

Postby keyser » 22 Mar 2020, 00:58

build shield boat to support your destros.
Also cybran cruiser/destro can't shoot backward, so they can't really kite.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby E8400-CV » 26 Mar 2020, 03:40

Get a teammate to give you sera; their t1 scouts leave vision at the place they die. (*)

Cybran navy is mainly very good at a certain stage in the game. If you get T3 and build an Atlantis, you solve the stealth problem since the Atlantis has huge watervision range.

(*)I don't play 1v1
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: jcvjcvjcvjcv

Return to General Discussions