Prevent nukes from detonating on weapon impact?

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Prevent nukes from detonating on weapon impact?

Postby MartinTobias » 14 Mar 2020, 10:05

I started a new thread tangential to an open thread, feel free to merge if applicable.
There's currently a thread open about a Yolo nuke being destroyed by a battleship, this is kind of ridiculous. A Yolo nuke takes 2 painstakingly constructed SMD anti-missiles to be disabled, but a single random hit can stop it too?
SMD anti-missiles cost a lot of resources to construct, so it is extremely silly if a random weapon's hit is sufficient to take out a nuke instead.
Either remove the collision detection, or alternatively give nukes a lot of HP [1mhp+] and anti-nukes concomitant damage, to prevent this from happening.https://sarkariresult.onl/ Mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/
Last edited by MartinTobias on 20 Mar 2020, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
MartinTobias

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Prevent nukes from detonating on weapon impact?

Postby Rowey » 14 Mar 2020, 14:00

Good luck trying to repeat this ever yolo launch.
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Postby Mach » 17 Mar 2020, 19:06

tell me what would realistically happen if a nuke missile got hit by one of largest shells in game, literally a battleship volley? I think it would get rekt, dont you?

possibility of stuff like this happening is one of things that sets supcom apart from other rtss (in good way), real simulation. removing stuff like this from being possible (like in beta nukes move thru planes like butter, instakilling them without a scratch to themselves, something I dont approve of, but thats off topic) is turning supcom into your generic homing bullet rts that no one wants, removing simulation depth aka number of possible situations that can happen ingame, such as nuke getting shot by a giant shell and blowing up, something one would realistically expect to happen, of course there are bad things that can happen in game that would technically add to its "depth" (like bugs), but this one is something that makes physical sense without breaking the gameplay and consistent with rest of supcom simulation)

like what next? lets remove bombers hitting fighter that flies below them because only fighters are supposed to be able to hit planes?
Mach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Mach

Postby LabPunk » 18 Mar 2020, 00:44

This is just literally a cloned thread from one I made a while ago.
LabPunk

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Marximum

Return to General Discussions