[German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. gesucht

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: [German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. ges

Postby MrTBSC » 25 Feb 2020, 20:39

Farmsletje wrote:Why would i need to answer a question that never should've existed in the first place. It's not my fault your wild delusions assumed we wanted to put all our money into tournaments when nobody ever even argued that. Something about reading comprehension.


you are not getting the point at all ...

your own post of "this is not even remotely true" gives of the implication that donating torwards tournameants is way more helpful for ALL players than it would be to donate torwards anything that would help improve the game itself .. this is what i disagree with ..

and again instead of giving an answer to the question you go on mocking ... so how about go fck yourself ..
MrTBSC
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 151
Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 20:12
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Mr.TBSC

Re: [German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. ges

Postby Farmsletje » 25 Feb 2020, 22:36

MrTBSC wrote:your own post of "this is not even remotely true" gives of the implication that donating torwards tournameants is way more helpful for ALL players than it would be to donate torwards anything that would help improve the game itself .. this is what i disagree with ..

No it doesn't
MrTBSC wrote:and again instead of giving an answer to the question you go on mocking ... so how about go fck yourself ..

Behaving very civilized there i see. I guess i'm the mean bad guy though
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 18:38
Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 450 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Re: [German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. ges

Postby NapSpan » 27 Feb 2020, 11:58

Aahh...the clusterfuck of the forum I always love...

So, to be sure that I got it right and trying to simplify the subject to expain it faster to my relatives that doesn't read the forums:

The idea is creating and association under german laws because they protect us better against U.S copyright bullshit (wich is always good to touch protected code that needs fixing) and, to have a more clear structure where everyone who contributes (aka it's on the association) is able to vote.

This is good because as it is now, there is the owner of FAF and there is the council, the second has to obey what the other wants at the end of the day (in the form of the owner having to approve what the council decides).

This is good if done right and it gathers enough people to regulate itself (so to avoid trolls in management position or the already stated concern of people taking over by joining all of the sudden 100+ persons just to vote). Also this thread is in german because is a flare to gather people from Germany that are the ones more likely to help with the first steps.

My humble opinion: Maybe the title had to be in english because it's interesting for all of us. Inside, all the german law-things, in german as I know it can get very messy with the translations. Usually official documents are not even translated because of that.

It seems a neat idea and a future excuse to try to fix bigger issues related to the engine of the game that is protected.



P.D: Brutus, that Java-code-shortener addon gave me headache, gathering the guts to help in a decent way sooner or later.
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
User avatar
NapSpan
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 244
Joined: 27 Apr 2015, 16:25
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Re: [German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. ges

Postby Geosearchef » 27 Feb 2020, 14:33

The idea is creating and association under german laws because they protect us better against U.S copyright bullshit (wich is always good to touch protected code that needs fixing) and, to have a more clear structure where everyone who contributes (aka it's on the association) is able to vote.


No, the goal is not to have the association run FAF. It's to have the association in place of the current owner legally, but to keep running FAF as it is (although changes to the council are also being discussed).


And no, this thread should not have been in English. This thread is not an announcement, there is nothing on the table to be discussed yet, there are a lot of internal debates going on at the moment trying to figure out if all of that could even work and trying to explain to people what all of this means. That's exactly the issue of this thread, it was in german, it didn't answer people's questions so a lot of misunderstandings happened.

IMO this thread should be deleted till sth more concrete is ready to be debated.
Developer, Server Admin, ICE, currently working on Team Matchmaking, FAF Client
User avatar
Geosearchef
Contributor
 
Posts: 392
Joined: 18 Oct 2013, 14:08
Location: Germany
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 127 times
FAF User Name: Geosearchef

Re: [German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. ges

Postby creativename » 27 Feb 2020, 18:08

Excuse my ignorance I am not well versed in the politics of the community. First question, is Visionik still the owner of FAF? Second, if he is how does he (or whoever currently owns FAF) feel about all this?
creativename
Crusader
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 09 May 2019, 13:48
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: creativename

Re: [German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. ges

Postby Brutus5000 » 27 Feb 2020, 20:17

Yes, visionik is still the owner and he is aware of this. A few months ago he asked me on the progress and all I could say is we did not even found the association. So here we are ;)
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps
 
Posts: 355
Joined: 05 Aug 2016, 23:32
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 283 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Re: [German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. ges

Postby creativename » 27 Feb 2020, 21:07

Ok thanks.
creativename
Crusader
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 09 May 2019, 13:48
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: creativename

Re: [German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. ges

Postby MrTBSC » 06 Mar 2020, 00:34

Brutus5000 wrote:Yes, visionik is still the owner and he is aware of this. A few months ago he asked me on the progress and all I could say is we did not even found the association. So here we are ;)


this may have been already answered but since visionic appearantly isn´t active in FAF anymore
how much would associationmembers be involved to more critical discussions when it comes to ballance, game improvemeants, potential content or tournament organisation etc.?

i mean i imagine there would be at least some talk between councilmembers and assosiationmembers, no?
MrTBSC
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 151
Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 20:12
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Mr.TBSC

Re: [German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. ges

Postby FtXCommando » 06 Mar 2020, 01:57

Hopefully zero.

Or rather, no differently than other FAF players.

The value of your input is determined by the strength of your argument, your current contributive reputation (dudes that help test balance tend to be listened to by the balance team), and your future ability to contribute. FAF isn’t pay to influence.

Association has a suggestion? They can feed it through their board who can in turn try to convince relevant councillors it’s a good and feasible idea.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
User avatar
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: 09 Jan 2017, 18:44
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 570 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Re: [German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. ges

Postby Geosearchef » 06 Mar 2020, 11:45

The association is not supposed to be involved with running FAF. It's there for legal reasons and for preventing a single person from being able to control the project.
Developer, Server Admin, ICE, currently working on Team Matchmaking, FAF Client
User avatar
Geosearchef
Contributor
 
Posts: 392
Joined: 18 Oct 2013, 14:08
Location: Germany
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 127 times
FAF User Name: Geosearchef

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackYps and 1 guest