[German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. gesucht

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: [German only] Gründungsmitglieder für FAForever e.V. ges

Postby Farmsletje » 22 Feb 2020, 05:30

MrTBSC wrote:not realy, you are donating torwards very specific things that primarily goes torwards the competitive scene ... if you donate torwards tournaments the general playerbase has nothing from it but only the organizers of the tournament and the participants ...

That's not even remotely true. Tourneys are great for the community for both attracting new players and providing entertainment for the already existing players. Without tourneys or any other exposure on twitch/youtube this game would've been long dead.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Morax » 22 Feb 2020, 14:48

MrTBsC, I'm just saying I put my money in events, not that I think that is where all money should go.

My point is that people should donate for specific things like events, server costs, software, "thank you here's a little side cash, " etc. You are reading my post as if my direction was to negate everything else, which is not what I think.

Anyways, this whole thing is not necessarily about money, and more so leadership that's more readily accessible.

For that, it's too early to judge, but not discussing these matters with current leadership in present (not the past) doesn't really bode well.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Bennis- » 23 Feb 2020, 14:43

Morax you are a drama queen. Your monies are apreciated, you do a great deal to keep faf alive and interesting. and you should leave the back office stuff to the back officers.
Bennis-

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Bennis

Postby Legion Darrath » 23 Feb 2020, 22:53

I know I haven't been around for a long time but have you considered an association under Belgian law? Specifically a "vereniging zonder winstoogmerk". Seems to me like you'd have all the same benefits but there's no requirment to get approved. You'd have to write you're a non-profit in your statutes sure but that's the easy part. I'm of course no expert on German law but I'd say the benefits and drawbacks would be about the same. With the recent change in the law you'd actually be allowed to make a profit, just can't turn the profit out to your members. Slight but important distinction. You only need two founders to get started and the initial cost would be about 200€, changing the board would be about 130€ and changing the statutes at any point would be 130€ as well.

If you'd consider going with Belgian law, I am probably the only contributor who didn't have some IT related degree but a law degree, experience in the area and currently a board member in a similar setup. You did mention you live in Germany yourself so it might be easier that way but generally since it's within the EU there shouldn't be any issue. The official language would have to be Dutch or French depending on where the "seat" of this association would be located though.

Hit me up if you'd consider this route and if there's anything I can do to help.
Legion Darrath
Evaluator

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 117 times
FAF User Name: Legion_Darrath

Postby armacham01 » 23 Feb 2020, 23:13

"With the recent change in the law you'd actually be allowed to make a profit"

That's actually a bad thing. Such an association should only exist in a legal framework that prevented profiteering by anyone/everyone involved.
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby Legion Darrath » 23 Feb 2020, 23:30

armacham01 wrote:"With the recent change in the law you'd actually be allowed to make a profit"

That's actually a bad thing. Such an association should only exist in a legal framework that prevented profiteering by anyone/everyone involved.

Seems to me like it'd avoid a lot of issues when it comes to the donations FAF receives. Are those donations "profit"? I don't know the answer in German law but I know the answer wouldn't matter under Belgian law. The association would be allowed to make money and it wouldn't be an issue for the income to be greater than the expenses (is that even the case currently?) but the association isn't allowed to pay any of the profits to its members so by design it prevents profiteering by everyone involved while not punishing the organisation for having more money come in than going out.
Legion Darrath
Evaluator

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 117 times
FAF User Name: Legion_Darrath

Postby MrTBSC » 24 Feb 2020, 00:19

Farmsletje wrote:
MrTBSC wrote:not realy, you are donating torwards very specific things that primarily goes torwards the competitive scene ... if you donate torwards tournaments the general playerbase has nothing from it but only the organizers of the tournament and the participants ...

That's not even remotely true. Tourneys are great for the community for both attracting new players and providing entertainment for the already existing players. Without tourneys or any other exposure on twitch/youtube this game would've been long dead.

so basicaly what you are saying is to just put money into tournaments and events alone and nothing into developing and further improvemeant of the game itself because i am apearantly SOOOO wrong .. ... how long do you plan to keep your community entertained with tournaments alone then .. how long do you intent to keep the playerbase when nothing truely intresting has been added for many many months .. if not years? .. how many of the playerbase play ladder instead of all being split between custom games and mods?
MrTBSC

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Mr.TBSC

Postby armacham01 » 24 Feb 2020, 00:59

Point:
MrTBSC wrote:if you donate torwards tournaments the general playerbase has nothing from it but only the organizers of the tournament and the participants
Counter-Point:
Farmsletje wrote:That's not even remotely true. Tourneys are great for the community
CHECKMATE:
MrTBSC wrote:so basicaly what you are saying is to just put money into tournaments and events alone and nothing into developing and further improvemeant of the game itself
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby FtXCommando » 24 Feb 2020, 01:16

Please don't be one of the 7 founding dudes 4head
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Farmsletje » 24 Feb 2020, 01:56

MrTBSC wrote:so basicaly what you are saying is to just put money into tournaments and events alone and nothing into developing and further improvemeant of the game itself because i am apearantly SOOOO wrong .. ... how long do you plan to keep your community entertained with tournaments alone then .. how long do you intent to keep the playerbase when nothing truely intresting has been added for many many months .. if not years? .. how many of the playerbase play ladder instead of all being split between custom games and mods?

>"Donating to tourneys doesn't help the player base it all"
>>"Yes it does"
>"So YoU THiNK ThAt WhE ShoUlD pUT All OuR mONeY INTo TouRNEysSSs?
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions