Proposed Map Vault Rules Update & Additions

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Proposed Map Vault Rules Update & Additions

Postby Lape » 03 Feb 2020, 22:22

Furthermore ,you can play any map you like.They dont have to be in the vault for you to play them, you simply have to share them yourself with whom you wanna play with.
Lape
Crusader

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Lape

Postby Morax » 15 Mar 2020, 22:30

Rule #13 added with an example.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby nine2 » 17 Mar 2020, 13:33

do you mean 12?
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Morax » 07 Apr 2020, 20:55

Anihilnine wrote:do you mean 12?

Yes : )
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby RazerFeed » 08 Apr 2020, 23:15

Hello, so owner of "Astro Crater" original maps have removed them from Vault becouse he presonally (seems so, with support of some other crater haters) doesn't like them and thinks no one should play on them, and is saying that creating new crater-like maps will not be allowed becouse he will not give permission to do so, as is required by rules. Can you please comment on that @Morax becouse I personally do like those maps and and want to see them in game, are they actually will get banned ?
RazerFeed

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: RazerFeed

Postby FtXCommando » 08 Apr 2020, 23:37

We’re not sure about the precise process that resulted in the Astro maps being hidden. Morax will be in contact with the original author of the Astro maps and a final decision will be reached after that conversation.

As a rule, it is the map author’s right to ask to unrank/hide/remove any of their maps on the client. If the original author decides he wishes to do these actions, we can’t ignore their request.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby RazerFeed » 08 Apr 2020, 23:45

FtXCommando wrote:We’re not sure about the precise process that resulted in the Astro maps being hidden. Morax will be in contact with the original author of the Astro maps and a final decision will be reached after that conversation.

As a rule, it is the map author’s right to ask to unrank/hide/remove any of their maps on the client. If the original author decides he wishes to do these actions, we can’t ignore their request.

Yes, totally hes right to unrank/hide/remove maps HE OWNS, but my main question was claim that others won't be able to make other crater-like maps becouse he "owns" rights of concept (even tho it sounds laughable, those map types exist in many games). I guess we gotta wait Morax to make a statement on the whole situation.
RazerFeed

Postby FtXCommando » 08 Apr 2020, 23:49

As far as I’m aware two people own the “right” to the concept of astro maps, same situation as dual gap. Other similar maps are derivations of the original works and only exist at the discretion of the original authors. This is to prevent massive continuous spam of astro/dual gap copies.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Farmsletje » 08 Apr 2020, 23:55

Just as clarification even if the maps get hidden you will still be able to host and play them. You just won't be able to see them in the vault anymore.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby RazerFeed » 08 Apr 2020, 23:55

FtXCommando wrote:As far as I’m aware two people own the “right” to the concept of astro maps, same situation as dual gap. Other similar maps are derivations of the original works and only exist at the discretion of the original authors. This is to prevent massive continuous spam of astro/dual gap copies.

I understand the purpose of the rule, it's not to make spam, but if original author removes hes maps from the game, new creators should be able to fill the gap of such type of maps ?
At the end of the day I want to play the game the way I enjoy it, it's no one else's business and neither do I care who is the creator of map, I like it, I play it, and I am not forcing anyone else to play it with me, so why does anyone have to take it away from me ?
Also, what about people who play astro crater due to low cpu that can't handle normal maps ?

Farmsletje wrote:Just as clarification even if the maps get hidden you will still be able to host and play them. You just won't be able to see them in the vault anymore.

But if you host that map which is hidden/removed, and a player who doesn't have it downloaded joins, will it auto download ?
Last edited by RazerFeed on 09 Apr 2020, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.
RazerFeed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions