is there a way to play the full SupCom + FA campaign on FAF?

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

is there a way to play the full SupCom + FA campaign on FAF?

Postby tatsu » 18 Nov 2019, 00:43

I feel like this should be the case but I'm not sure it is.

if so I'd like to know how.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Re: is there a way to play the full SupCom + FA campaign on

Postby armacham01 » 18 Nov 2019, 01:03

You can play each of the campaign missions in the "Co-Op" tab. So you can choose to play the campaign missions in order. Of course, you can play Co-Op missions solo or with a team.

The interface is not exactly intuitive. At the top left of the screen, where it says "Black Day," that is actually a drop-down menu that lets you select which mission you want to play. When I first started with FAF, it was not obvious to me that you could play Co-Op on more than 1 map.

The first missions listed there (Black Day through Overlord) are the FA campaign missions, which are not faction-specific. If you want the SupCom campaign missions, you have to scroll down to where there are faction avatars next to the names of the missions. Those are listed in descending order. So if you want to play the campaign as Cybran, you start with "Liberation" and work your way down to "Freedom."

When you get into the lobby screen, check which of your sim mods are enabled. If you have sim mods on, that can mess up the campaign (but some players might want them on).

Also, in the lobby screen, you can choose options. The default difficulty setting is "hard." A lot of new players might not realize this and they might not want to play on "hard" mode if they are just looking for a tutorial or for some nostalgia.

There is also the issue of "timed expansion." I think the "timed expansion" OPTION is broken for the campaigns (SupCom and FA). What I remember is: for the FA campaigns, "timed expansion" is always on (meaning that if you don't finish your objective within a certain time limit, the map will get bigger, and you will have more enemies and more objectives to deal with, which can be frustrating for weaker players).
But for SupCom campaigns, "timed expansion" is always off, which means you can intentionally choose not to finish your objectives in order to eco-whore before you expand the map.
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Re: is there a way to play the full SupCom + FA campaign on

Postby tatsu » 18 Nov 2019, 01:19

yeah but they're not numbered. from what I've tested they are not in order.

that being said, that's already a great answer, thanks!
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Return to General Discussions