Yolo fails to explode on navy

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Yolo fails to explode on navy

Postby Defiant » 15 Nov 2019, 07:28

Thought this was interesting. Yolo targeted at Navy fails to explode. Maybe it impacted with something? Are UEF Navy shields too "high"?

Replay ID: 10512666 (attached).
Time Index: 43:00
Attachments
10512666-Defiant.fafreplay
Time Index: 43:00
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
Defiant
Crusader

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Defiant

Re: Yolo fails to explode on navy

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 15 Nov 2019, 22:44

I checked the replay, and the missile got hit by Anti-Air from a Cybran battleship. If they collide with a unit, the ground or the surface of the water, they explode. They ignore shields and won't explode or disappear on impact of those. So there's no worry about any of that having happened in your game. If they are hit by a weapon projectile though, they die and disappear altogether. In this case, it were the very narrow red lines are AA from Cybran Battleships (or destroyers, they have similar AA). Every missile can be hit by a projectile and die that way. Effectively all missiles have one HP (or maybe 2 in the case of the YOLO), and anti-nukes do 1 damage to kill nukes in one shot, YOLOs in 2. It does mean that die very easily, including to AA.

I have once launched a nuke just as an enemy CZAR was hovering above my nuke launcher and firing. The missile got killed instantly.

I have also seen a small recording of a GC killing a full set of Tactical Missiles with it's beam weapon (can't upload the file it's too big).

Concerning the killing of Tactical Missiles, I don't mind, but in case of the strategic and YOLO missiles, I think it would be good if nukes don't die to accidental AA fire.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Re: Yolo fails to explode on navy

Postby Defiant » 16 Nov 2019, 17:27

Excellent analysis!
Defiant
Crusader

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 7 times