[Discus] Asto Craters Ban? Ban players on the craters?

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: [Discus] Asto Craters Ban? Ban players on the craters?

Postby BLITZ_Molloy » 12 Feb 2020, 11:57

I think looking at what happened with TA Spring some degree of map curation should have been incorporated. Also 8 player limits probably isn't a terrible idea. If you've cultivated a noob community then not having them take over completely is very difficult.

I say do like Counter Strike or whatever. You can only get global ranking points on 'official' maps as chosen by the balance team.
BLITZ_Molloy

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: BLITZ_Molloy

Postby Little Miss Murder » 12 Feb 2020, 13:00

That's what Ladder is for.

IMG_20191101_073950.jpg
IMG_20191101_073950.jpg (4.78 MiB) Viewed 1595 times
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby H-master » 08 Mar 2020, 01:09

HurricanKai wrote:(Also, first post hooray)

I don't know if it's a good idea to ban maps like Astro and Gap. What I do know is that 90% of games being hosted are Astro or Gap.

The gameplay on these maps is terrible to my taste. I would be really happy if the playerbase would move to traditional maps. By traditional I mean in line with gpg and top pick maps. Banning current turtle maps will take away a lot of fun for people who do like turtle maps though. And they would just create a new one, once a map is banned.

I do think the turtle map players are missing out on what the game has to offer.
The problem is that there are too few players who like traditional maps. If the interest for these kind of maps is just as great as the interest for turtle maps I don't think anyone cares.
Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 7

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=17241&p=172070#p172070
H-master

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: H-master

Postby RedX » 08 Mar 2020, 07:40

Do you think that if they were unranked players would be incentivized to play other maps?
RedX

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: D3matt

Postby biass » 08 Mar 2020, 08:55

No? they're just discouraged from playing astro. There is no real incentive to playing other maps and if you're gonna tell me canis is a better map than gap you're probably stuck in some delusions of grandeur. This player demopgraphic is not going to make the jump to other maps without a real reason to do so, and if you cripple their experience without giving a said reason, they're just going to leave.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Previous

Return to General Discussions