Maps and Mods Councillor Elections

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Maps and Mods Councillor Elections

Postby biass » 13 May 2019, 15:25

tatsu wrote:but seriously though that's some pretty dicey choice of words.

github has a bad user interface

just because you figured it out doesn't make it good

also, just because worse interfaces exist, doesn't make other bad interfaces good. Is that clear now?

mlg

Morax as more or less a unrewarded stand-in for the councillor made a judgement call based on both A: prior understanding of the users (work) ethic and morality and B: no evidence to the contrary (the map working), there of course isn't any mention of possible other issues such as faulty mass points, imbalances, and the like in the screen-caps, where we know due to lack of diligence:

MLGTASTIC wrote:So i had an unknown underwater forest on one of the side of the maps and you ddint even inform me ?

it could have very easily happened.
Furthermore, the user in question could have very happily went to anyone else working as a unrewarded councillor stand-in and gotten a second, more neutral judgement call and easily had the issue resolved, but instead decided to not care anymore about his hour(s) put into content creation than he does just wanting to slander a candidate at a sensitive time period.

MLGTASTIC wrote:Explain who else i have fustrated except you.

Me! I don't like having to spoon-feed people google searches at 4am and neither does anyone else.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Morax » 13 May 2019, 18:56

Alright, so to follow up a bit more on this I read the whole month-ish long amount of direct messages I had with MLGTASTIC. If people want, I can post the entire 3-4 weeks worth of the incident so it does not appear "cherry-picked."

Let me ask, though, to Hussar and Darkrym (is this guy even aware he is in the election as he has not posted since?), how would you handle this situation? I am curious now if I am being intolerant to the point where it's bad.

What people should note is that I tried to reason with MLGTASTIC on matters, pointed him to others for feedback, and from what I gather he was told the same. His "laziness" in not seeking other help or taking advice well is what led me to refuse to work with him further. Out of the dozens of people I worked with, they all improved and bettered as time went along. This is one young lad, who is still learning patience and process.

What would you do if you had a dialogue like what is below over and over for 3 weeks straight?

https://imgur.com/a/De00h0d

MLGTASTIC wrote:I'm a bit lazyy

Spoiler: show

Let me remind everyone, he did make A LOT of errors that warranted hiding while he was around. I don't think anyone else gave as much time as I did to try and help him, so there is that. If you think I acted so irrational in disowning his requests, sure, go vote for the other two guys.

I don't think it's wrong that I felt he was untrustworthy. I never tried to hide his map after Version 3 where it DID have a confirmed bug that warrants so.

I ask, finally, go ask others like svenni_badbwoi, BullyDozer, SilentRen (not MisterK), Terminal, ozonex, legit anyone in the M&M channel if they think this was regular behavior for myself.

In my application, I did state I think FaF in general is a bit soft with these situations, and I really, really do not think anyone should have to spend more than 3 weeks trying to convince someone of how to seek information and follow simple rules.

That's all I am going to say on the matter. Not everyone is going to get along and it should not be mandatory for someone volunteering time to give so much time to one problem person while others are not so neglectful. Unlike MLG, I work a lot and drive to constantly improve in what I produce for maps. If people want to have some so-so work ethic proliferate, don't vote for me.

Good luck to all the candidates and may the best M&M applicant win.

Peace
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Farmsletje » 21 May 2019, 20:29

To whomever will get the position, i hope he will spend enough time trying to cleanse wrong versioned maps from the vault since they are still littered everywhere and are a nightmare when trying to search through the vault

FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Morax » 22 May 2019, 14:58

Well, yeah, so long as we get access to the tools to do so and are not bottlenecked to moderate ourselves, much like how commando can't push ladder pool changes.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Geosearchef » 22 May 2019, 16:48

You can't get access to those tools as there is no permissions system in FAF (in the making, requires more devs). There's just an admin permission which gives you access to user data, say thanks to GDPR.
Developer, Server Admin, ICE, currently working on Team Matchmaking, FAF Client
Geosearchef
Contributor

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 127 times
FAF User Name: Geosearchef

Postby Morax » 22 May 2019, 17:57

Well, considering how busy the mod team is, it will be awfully hard to help fulfill the desire of Farm.

He is not alone in wanting to see the vault cleaned up in this manner. Due to the large number of uploads and little people to regulate, I don't think any m&m councilor can promise this.

My proposal is to have a separate, "clean and procured" vault for maps and mods where the m&m team picks exemplary examples of work. In addition, community votes would take place for new content so there's no "illuminati" feeling, allowing for all to help build what content is presented.

Keep in mind I want to see a "freedom" vault stay where people can upload and share their work with ease.

Two vaults: one open to all, one to cherished works - simple. I am certain the java client can show this collection, easily.

Lastly, a forum post with picks and a little explanation as to why the map or mod was elected to the exclusive vault.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Gorton » 22 May 2019, 19:24

Morax wrote:Well, considering how busy the mod team is, it will be awfully hard to help fulfill the desire of Farm.

He is not alone in wanting to see the vault cleaned up in this manner. Due to the large number of uploads and little people to regulate, I don't think any m&m councilor can promise this.

My proposal is to have a separate, "clean and procured" vault for maps and mods where the m&m team picks exemplary examples of work. In addition, community votes would take place for new content so there's no "illuminati" feeling, allowing for all to help build what content is presented.

Keep in mind I want to see a "freedom" vault stay where people can upload and share their work with ease.

Two vaults: one open to all, one to cherished works - simple. I am certain the java client can show this collection, easily.

Lastly, a forum post with picks and a little explanation as to why the map or mod was elected to the exclusive vault.

If people were to give me the exact names of maps we could easily do this, but since there is little in the way of tools aside from mordor to actually check maps thoroughly... it's not easy, I know. Will of course assist where we can.

If there's easily visible duplicates like farms mentioned we can purge all the lower-numbered versions with just the base name of the map.

Again though, we're not going to trawl through the vault doing that :/ . Just make sure to give a heads up about it and we can fix it.
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Farmsletje » 22 May 2019, 20:10

im willing to go through the map vault and write down all the wrong versioned maps if that helps and if im sure that something will be done with the info. ive done it multiple times in the past but sometimes it took over 2 months before anything was done with the info i gave
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Morax » 22 May 2019, 21:40

I have seen Farms legit post dozens of offenses in the #content-reporting page... you can search the m&m discord to see!

Gorton, let's work on that then and hopefully you can deliver because it is a royal pain explaining to people who barely understand English why they should not rename every version of their map : )

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Louvegarde » 22 May 2019, 23:58

I have access to the production database, if someone trusted gives me a list of all the IDs of all the map we need to remove because of dupes or outdated, the matter will be solved in a matter of minutes.
Cryogenic slumber party!
Louvegarde
Priest

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 103 times
FAF User Name: Louvegarde

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions