Player Councillor Elections

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Player Councillor Elections

Postby Gorton » 08 May 2019, 18:43

This as of right now is a 5-way contest between FtX, UnorthodoxBox, BigBob, Bennis, and Laticlave.
Let me know if anyone withdraws.

Deadline for applications will be 11pm GMT+1/ 23:00 GMT+1 (so five hours, 20 minutes from now)
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Gorton » 09 May 2019, 00:05

Ok, there will be no more applications now! The thread will remain open for discussion, however.
Vote will go live soon.

https://voting.faforever.com/vote

Vote is live
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby ZOB » 22 May 2019, 13:00

i just get this from that link
"You have no voting subjects available."
ZOB

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby E8400-CV » 23 May 2019, 02:17

Lol, half the applicants have their FAF username in their forum account something different from the FAF username they list in their application.

Q; do any of you have a stand on giving people a way to get rid of (simspeed)laggers? Too many 12p games are ruined by people with crappy PC's that sorta smurf the CPU bench. Every other game has a way to eject players that ruin the game for others, FAF should at least give the option.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: jcvjcvjcvjcv

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 23 May 2019, 02:54

Making a system to vote to eject players that are lagging could very easily get abused. I do not see another way to remove players that are lagging either. You should keep track of players who lag and just not play with them instead. Also, 12 player games are much more likely to lag, if you have frequent issues with players lagging, I suggest switching to 4v4 and lower.
UnorthodoxBox

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: Box-

Postby E8400-CV » 23 May 2019, 03:26

UnorthodoxBox wrote:Making a system to vote to eject players that are lagging could very easily get abused. I do not see another way to remove players that are lagging either. You should keep track of players who lag and just not play with them instead. Also, 12 player games are much more likely to lag, if you have frequent issues with players lagging, I suggest switching to 4v4 and lower.

There we go again with the hypothetical abuse. I've said this over and over again; you can set the conditions at start of the game... then there is nothing to be abused.

FAF doesn't even offer a normal way to keep track of laggers. It still involves manually checking 11 usernames and that's absurd.

E.g.; I host with the rule of CPU < 200; some guy with 160 CPU joins, lags the hell out of it (3 simspeeds below everyone else with 180-195 cpu)... then when asked... he even said he knows his laptop thermal paste needs to be replaced. And these people still have the nerve to join again. :x

I can foe him... and he can still join my lobby; he can even change his name and then I have to match all 11 names to foes listed on the bottom of online players in Aeolus in order to even detect that.

That's a bullshit system.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Postby FtXCommando » 23 May 2019, 04:02

No point to wasting manpower on it currently when the goal is to migrate the majority of custom games to team matchmaker.

Integrating Kyro’s lobby which includes a banlist is already on the board but no one is up to it because of how diseased the code is. A new dev expressed interest in doing it, so hopefully he doesn’t disappear.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 23 May 2019, 04:16

If you really are this concerned about lag, Dual Gap is not the map for you. It is one of the laggiest maps you can play, considering there are 12 players, it is 20x20, and the meta promotes turtling and the construction of vast quantities of units. Even the best CPUs fall behind on that map.
UnorthodoxBox

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: Box-

Postby E8400-CV » 23 May 2019, 07:00

@FTX; team matchmaker? What is that supposed to be? A free ride for laggers?
edit: apparently your wish of forcing people to play maps they dont't like (with people with last-century pc?)

@Box; Same issue with other maps, just a few cpu point further away.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Postby FtXCommando » 23 May 2019, 07:33

I believe a team matchmaker is a matchmaker for teamgames. Actually the whole purpose is to softlock just you into 81x81 maps with pentium cpus.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions