best way to blacklist

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

best way to blacklist

Postby trampek » 19 Feb 2019, 19:20

hey
i wonder what you guys use to keep blacklist working and updated ? when i started i was writing names down on paper but it fast got too long , now i just make them red on faf chat but this works bad . 1st i dont know reason i put someone there and thats important cos sometimes i wonder why i got someone red while he is such nice guy ... and 2nd and more important is i dont see that in game lobby actually and many times i find out im in team with someone red ( when i go to blacklist them and they already are there :( )
some ppl telling that kyro lobby helps in that but problem is i cant find it anywhere now ( post a link if you got it pls )
so how do you guys deal with all that laggers,quitters and others ?
trampek
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: best way to blacklist

Postby tatsu » 19 Feb 2019, 22:17

I mean if you're having bureaucratic-scale issues with your blacklisting ....maybe don't open FAF? better yet don't go on the internet.

I mean I respect your need for respect, but if you're blacklisting everyone you meet maybe tamper your expectations? I foe on FAF very rarely but for the amount I've foed, that FAF feature does the job more than adequately. also people's bad internet/pc isn't their fault. they generally are actively working towards changing that so maybe cut them some slack in the meantime.

I can remember when I first started on GPGnet, I had a pentium D (basically a 4) and it remained that way for years untill i'd saved up enough to build my own new pc.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby keyser » 19 Feb 2019, 23:00

Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby trampek » 20 Feb 2019, 15:27

i found that link before , just it doesnt work for me , there is no file or any download button and on bottom left there is "An error (#401) occurred while communicating with the server." info
trampek
Crusader

Postby keyser » 20 Feb 2019, 16:09

i don't know, works perfectly for me. also the download link is pretty obvious there
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby ____ » 20 Feb 2019, 17:31

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=16743

This one is better anyway :)
____

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby trampek » 24 Feb 2019, 03:13

thanks , just had some game with some guy quitting cos he lost 5 t1 engis leaving team in middle of game , well that was good one cos he 1st decided he wont do his job ( mid guy ) then when 1 of our disconnect he send his engis so fast that he blow em up so he left , greedy idiot :P and ofc when i went to blacklist he was already there ... i really hope that lobby thing improve quality of some games for me !
trampek
Crusader

Postby tatsu » 24 Feb 2019, 12:00

keyser wrote:i don't know, works perfectly for me. also the download link is pretty obvious there

could you give us a small step by step?

I the guide seems outdated because it references 2lua.nx2 as if that is an expected already present file but instead you find lua.nx2.

i tried replacing the lobby.lua in that folder, didn't change anything, then I tried renaming lua.nx2 to 2lua.nx2, didn't have any effect either (appart from lua.nx2 being re-created. I take it this means 2lua.nx2 has been renamed to lua.nx2 and that's the one we're supposed to edit?)
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby keyser » 24 Feb 2019, 17:47

it's pretty straight forward.....
everything is explained there :
1- Download
2- If they don't exist, create the folders "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata\2lua.nx2\lua\ui\lobby\" ("C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata" already exist)
3- Put the "lobby.lua" you just downloaded in that folder
4- Don't forget to delete the "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata\lua.nx2" file if you have installed an older version of the KyrO's lobby
5- Done

you may want to read it again, or i explain it in french for you..

(btw "Don't forget to delete the "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata\lua.nx2" file if you have installed an older version of the KyrO's lobby" this is due to older version that needed you to change the lua.nx2 file directly, but it causes other issues (needed to make it read-only, then they were conflict at each game update etc...) ; anyway don't bother with this line if you never tried to install kyros lobby with older version (which is from several months ago, maybe a year))
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby tatsu » 24 Feb 2019, 19:02

keyser wrote:it's pretty straight forward.....
everything is explained ...
you may want to read it again, or i explain it in french for you..

(btw "Don't forget to delete the "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata\lua.nx2" file if you have installed an older version of the KyrO's lobby" this is due to older version that needed you to change the lua.nx2 file directly, but it causes other issues (needed to make it read-only, then they were conflict at each game update etc...) ; anyway don't bother with this line if you never tried to install kyros lobby with older version (which is from several months ago, maybe a year))

yeah but step two of the guide is where everything already breaks down :

2- If they don't exist, create the folders "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata\2lua.nx2\lua\ui\lobby\

Screenshot from 2019-02-24 17-58-14.jpg
Screenshot from 2019-02-24 17-58-14.jpg (93.07 KiB) Viewed 2060 times

see?

vanilla there is no 2lua.nx2...

so again: am I meant to create a lua.nx2 archive containing nothing else than the subfolders we need and the lobby.lua? (I did that it did not work)

or are the neighboring files within 2lua.nx2 needed for this to function and therefore I should assume that somewhere down faf development 2lua.nx2 was renamed to lua.nx2? and therefore I should just delete lobby.lua in that archive and replace it from the one in the mod?

I tried that it did nothing. I'm using the version linked here : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17238&p=172251#p172076
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Next

Return to General Discussions