Client transition - constructive feedback thread

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Client transition - constructive feedback thread

Postby zachyattacky » 24 Apr 2019, 02:49

I can't seem to figure out how to search replays by skill rank, I prefer to watch top tier players for entertainment purposes...
zachyattacky

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: zachyattacky

Postby AIx_Putin » 24 Apr 2019, 02:50

Add ability to remember last used MODS - so i wont be forced to enable GUI mods every game.
BTW - connectivity is really better with ICE adapter.
AIx_Putin
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: T_R_U_putin

Postby Bullydozer » 24 Apr 2019, 11:09

I'd give advice on fixing the current replay vault and its 'user-friendlyness', but I feel like using the old replay vault (or its system) would be much more convenient for both the devs and the players.
Bullydozer

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: Bullydozer

Postby JaggedAppliance » 24 Apr 2019, 14:36

The new vault is great, I can find any replay I want with it. However the default criteria should be Player Name. It would be great if the vault remembered the criteria I had entered and if I could enable and disable search criteria without having to remove them. There also needs to be a criteria for searching by ladder rating, not just global, however you can work around this currently by editing the search query manually.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby crazywauz » 24 Apr 2019, 22:00

deleted
Last edited by crazywauz on 25 Apr 2019, 10:23, edited 2 times in total.
crazywauz

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: JoeDiBoe

Postby Chosen » 24 Apr 2019, 23:40

Share the Oscars!
Chosen
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Chosen

Postby Cyborg16 » 25 Apr 2019, 12:06

Bullydozer wrote:I'd give advice on fixing the current replay vault and its 'user-friendlyness', but I feel like using the old replay vault (or its system) would be much more convenient for both the devs and the players.

I agree that some changes are needed:
  • allow filtering only ladder, custom or coop replays
  • make it quick and easy to filter by rank (either average rank, or any player with a matching rank like the old client)
It's always nice to start a session by watching a high-ranked ladder replay.

Additionally, I have a problem with the local replay list: it only shows games from between 2014 and 2015, no matter how I sort the results. It won't show local replays from the last few years or even from my last game.

Also, I had a desync at the start of a ladder match. Seems to be the client starts updating game resources at the same time as searching for a game, and then launches a game even when the local files haven't been updated? I worked around it by clicking search then cancel, and the client continued to update the files (after this ladder worked).
Cyborg16
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Cyborg16

Postby R_Charger » 25 Apr 2019, 20:22

@Cyborg16
For problems searching the online replay vault see:
http://forums.faforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17476

Local replays only seem to contain replays made in previous game sessions. You need to restart the client to be able to see them and click on the when column header a few (3?) times to sort them. I added this as an issue on github already.
R_Charger

Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Reckless_Charger

Postby DeathWolf99 » 26 Apr 2019, 01:58

So here are my thoughts on the client. It is certainly more professional looking than the old client, pleasing to look at and has all the needed features excluding some small things.
A few things I'm noticing are that the actual scheme of color and how text blends with the background can be a little bland and I think may bother people navigating the menus.
When hosting a campaign game you can't select what mods are enabled or not and the only way to deselect them is to do that in the play tab then host a game exit and host campaign.
Maps vault doesn't allow me to show more than one page without giving me an error the search seems to be broken and once I do hit the show more on a category there is no way to go back refresh function seems to be broken as well.
Being able to re connect is great but it also makes for a lot more desyncs and longer time spent in connection screen I've had way more desyncs in this past week than in months on the old client.
A lot of the settings you could find in the previous clients drop downs are not here, no replays are showing latest replays and replays take a lot longer to refresh.
Thanks for your efforts and consideration. -DeathWolf99
SalaManDeR
DeathWolf99

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: DeathWolf99

Postby Bullydozer » 26 Apr 2019, 11:33

Going back on replay vault, yes it's great that you can find way more replays using it and it certainly would be better with default criteria set as player name. However seeing as it usually takes a while to set up all the criteria, maybe some presets would be nice? I usually search for Game mod name is ladder1v1 + one of the player's rating is greater than 1600. This consumes more time than i would like it to and so a preset with which I could activate it in one click would make the replay vault 10x better imo.
Bullydozer

Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: Bullydozer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions