Promotions Councillor Applications

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Promotions Councillor Applications

Postby biass » 25 Sep 2018, 04:06

MikZZ wrote:Any person can generate tons of useless information

:roll:
I had to, it's the Australian blood.

SEO is more about editing or adding content to website code in order to increase its visibility in search engines, it's not something I expect a promotion councillor to be doing - as nice as it sounds to the uninitiated.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby MikZZ » 25 Sep 2018, 13:15

biass wrote:SEO is more about editing or adding content to website code in order to increase its visibility in search engines, it's not something I expect a promotion councillor to be doing - as nice as it sounds to the uninitiated.

I note that in the simplest case, it's enough just to mention the necessary keywords. And there is no need to edit source code or work with HTML tags.

The game is called Supreme Commander. However, on most pages such a keyword does not even occur.

And this means that the target audience that plays in Supreme Commander simply does not know about the existence of the FAF community.

In this case, if you take a channel, for example, Gyle, then everything is fine with this optimization component.

I just draw my attention to the technical points that are easy to fix for the site.
Last edited by MikZZ on 25 Sep 2018, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
MikZZ

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: MikZuperztar

Postby Viba » 25 Sep 2018, 15:40

Quite true actually, when searching for "Supreme Commander", FAF webpage is on page 4 of the results.
This could be improved with a bit of SEO and more active promotion outwards through various channels.
Viba
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: !smurfcheck Viba

Postby Evan_ » 25 Sep 2018, 19:50

I've edited my application post on the first page of this thread to include an outline to my full plan, that also responds to good points posed by players like Exotic and Mikzz.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vm_ ... sp=sharing
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

Postby MikZZ » 25 Sep 2018, 22:05

EvanGalea, got my voice.
MikZZ

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: MikZuperztar

Postby FtXCommando » 26 Sep 2018, 23:32

As an update, the Council has decided to have this position chosen by a personal interview process rather than a public vote. We’ve decided this would allow us to choose someone that is able to promote themselves (and so prove their capability at the position) while being sure the position is filled by an individual that is able to facilitate communication between the various subsets of the community. Also, the fact so many FAF mediums fall under control of said Councillor mean that the Council needs to be absolutely confident in the applicant to responsibly manage his resources.

You should still respond to questions, post questions, and apply for the position if you haven’t done so. Questions/answers will help us shape a better interview process and new applicants are always good for presenting new viewpoints.

We will be accepting applicants until Oct. 20th.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby FtXCommando » 29 Sep 2018, 22:52

I don’t think I saw it mentioned specifically in any applications, but FAF has a newsletter feature that we’ve really only utilized for the Player Councillor election. How would candidates try to use the newsletter in order to keep the community updated on FAF events and issues? Or is the newsletter unnecessary?
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby moonbearonmeth » 30 Sep 2018, 20:10

I think the newsletter should be reserved for the absolutely critical, I.e. the aforementioned election and technical things such as scheduled server maintainence, etc and is not an avenue I would consider expanding upon.
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 04 Oct 2018, 07:52

So with the change, how do you apply now? Do you ask in here? I believe applicants should get some clarification.
UnorthodoxBox

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: Box-

Postby FtXCommando » 04 Oct 2018, 17:33

You still post in this thread and express interest.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions