Ladder Rotation/System Comments

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Ladder Rotation/System Comments

Postby FtXCommando » 16 Nov 2018, 05:30

Poll results will be given to promo councillor to present however he feel will be best for FAF.

Breaking it down by rating would be overcomplicating things because that isn’t the point of the poll. It’s supposed to be the general userbase thoughts towards a map. My ladder team already provides me with the opinions of the higher rated players of FAF.

I’m not really a fan of dividing ladder at some arbitrary point and giving less maps to new users. For one, it’s not definitive that new players would be attracted by a smaller pool because many low ranked players expressed a dislike of the small pool in the past. If I’ll entertain the idea, it’ll be after a new ladder system is implemented. So fairly far away to say the least.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby sasin » 16 Nov 2018, 08:06

Is there any room for flexibility on people specifying pools? I personally liked the thing before where you'd pick the maps you most liked, and it'd look for the intersect of those maps, even if that was exploitable.

Or, maybe you could have the "core pool" and the "broader pool" and some players could opt into "core pool only" or something? Obviously you could make the case those players have an advantage for having less maps to learn, but anyone could opt in? Also I think that effect is pretty marginal, and is worth the trade-off of allowing those who want a smaller pool to learn on to be able to play the game the way they want. Maybe could increase ladder volume slightly.
sasin
Priest

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: sasin

Postby FtXCommando » 16 Nov 2018, 08:29

If you go back to the last page of the thread, you would see I posted a potential ladder system that lets you pick maps to play.

I’m not doing a ladder system where you can hard restrict your maps. That just turns ladder rating into the pointlessness that is global rating.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby Platinumizer » 16 Nov 2018, 13:01

Breaking the pool by rating won't give you any results: even if the majority of the votes are from high lvl players. the majority of the players eligable to vote are sub 1k, and not voting is also voting! :D
Vee - "Never ever make pgens before hydro. The BO gods will curse you for that."
Platinumizer

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Platinumizer

Postby FtXCommando » 23 Jan 2019, 00:13

I’ve decided to include a 15 map pool option in the vote for a new ladder system after reading various discussions. I’ll add it to the post with the options on page 2 at some point over the coming days.

For those wondering why a vote hasn’t happened yet, I’ve been advised to hold off on it until FAF has devs to spare. Most are currently working on various java aspects now that python is getting support cut or working on ICE. So there would be little point in doing a poll and not acting on it for months (hopefully not years).

Hope that clears up any questions on the inactions.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby FtXCommando » 28 Feb 2019, 22:07

No repetition code for ladder should be implemented next server patch. It should make it so neither you nor your opponent will get one of the last 3 maps either of you played when you play one another.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby Morax » 13 May 2019, 23:28

Any ETA on when the ladder pool vote will happen?
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby FtXCommando » 13 May 2019, 23:42

No point on doing a vote when the next PC could just throw the results out if he wanted to.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby Quant » 16 Sep 2019, 05:07

Remove the weeb map from the pool.
Not only is it ugly and the text and images super distracting and hard to see units on, but it also promotes weeb degeneracy.
Objectively a garbage map, and I wonder why it was even put into the pool.
Thanks.
Quant
Crusader

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Quant

Postby biass » 16 Sep 2019, 12:45

Quant wrote:the text and images super distracting

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions