Player Councillor Applications

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Player Councillor Applications

Postby TheKoopa » 25 May 2018, 04:23

Blue_Owl wrote:
TheKoopa wrote:Haha I'm bad at the game and don't want to invest any time at all to get better so I will say build orders take no skill and bash them as a way to compensate

I'm just saying, that for sub 1k players, copying BO from some 1.8k+ game is auto win on many maps. It doesnt take much skill to copy 5 min BO and use it.

I think try-hard BOs is not the thing which players should learn in first place. Units and eco management, raiding, proper usage of advantages - thats what newcomers should learn. And all this with just using some basic generic BOs.

And learning specific build orders is somehow none of the above?

I don't get why if someone invests time to look at high ranked games and put some time into making themselves better should be looked down upon

Besides the fact that even the best bo will be ruined if you don't do the proper things, and there are only a couple of maps where 1 specific bo is clearly the best one
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby nine2 » 25 May 2018, 06:01

once you get good at building you just go up some points then hit another skill wall. nothing wrong with getting there quickly.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Rowey » 25 May 2018, 11:10

Blue_Owl wrote:Rowey, since you're the main candidate to PC I want you to ask some questions.

1) What is your thought on special mapa for lower rated players in ladder? I, personally, think we should remove all maps with tryhard BO for sub 1k ladder players. Especially 5km and 10km maps like Twin Rivers, Red Rocks, Owly Cliffs, etc. Maps where a decent BO can win a game without any skill. Maps where noobs cant use generic BO from Heaven's guide.
I think thats the main reason why some many people drop away on sub 1k ladder level. They have to learn BO for each map, because its fastest and easiest way to get more ladder points currently. Also its most boring way.
Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, since I'm around 1k ladder myself.

2) Whats you idea for noob-level tourneys?
I would recommend to look at Yuri, since he hosts it 1-2 times per week. And each tourney has 15+ sing ups.

For part one of you question for the maps for ladder for lower rated people i don't feel we need specified map for them but having like a selection of maps that will be permanently in the pool so they will always have a familiar maps to be able to play in the pool as well as classic & new maps this aloud to progress as you out of the comfort zone.

for part 2 i do a lot some blitz tournaments with some little prizes as an intensive. But also if we could get some pro's to pick a sub 900 global/ladder player and train them in a tournament format so the lower rated players are playing the game but the pros can give them pointers on where thy can improve.
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Postby FtXCommando » 25 May 2018, 21:58

So I have a question about voting procedure.

Let's say we have these circumstances:
Dude A: 250 primary, 150 secondary votes
Dude B: 200 primary, 220 secondary votes
Dude C: 170 primary, 250 secondary votes

Dude A wins the primary position in this voting poll. However, does Dude B or Dude C win the secondary position?
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Rowey » 25 May 2018, 23:02

what is the secondary position ? xD
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Postby FtXCommando » 25 May 2018, 23:39

JJ173 wrote:FAF members will have the opportunity to vote for their first and second choices. Once the voting poll is closed, we will gather the final results and announce them as soon as possible.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby justice » 26 May 2018, 00:19

FtXCommando wrote:
JJ173 wrote:FAF members will have the opportunity to vote for their first and second choices. Once the voting poll is closed, we will gather the final results and announce them as soon as possible.

If you have problem with moderation you should put in a report. Philip my friend has already posted that in this thread at least 2-3 times.
justice

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Louvegarde » 26 May 2018, 13:26

Should the PC address tutorials, player retention, rating system and overall making the game more suitable for newcomers ? I didn't see lots of you talk about that.
Cryogenic slumber party!
Louvegarde
Priest

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 103 times
FAF User Name: Louvegarde

Postby Picoo » 26 May 2018, 14:37

There was alot of talk on how to make the game more interesting for newcomers
Picoo
Crusader

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Picoo

Postby GFY_DEPONNY » 26 May 2018, 15:43

Hello all,

Its me GFY_Deponny. I am a colorful character that the best of times but i feel i can bring a lot to the player council position and am very much interested in the position. I have plenty of experience in player interaction and have always been friendly and helpful to new players and taken time to show them the ropes as they say.

i am strong willed, divisive, hard working and always willing to listen to others and attempt mistakes. I have many ideas that i feel could help faf grow as a community and am willing to put in the work to do so. I love this community and even if i have ever had a disagreement with anyone on it i never did anything that would damage publicly them or me. I feel gentle approach is always a good option and discord pervales sadly that does not always work out.

i have always been active in clans and given my opinion to people fairly on changes and offered input and suggested anything i say as helpful.

For me Applying for this post I pledge the following
• I will spend well over 4 hours per week working on These Responsibilities.
• I will be available at more than 8 hours every other week for a voice call to discuss these Responsibilities and the responsibilities of other FAF Councilors.
• I will use and be available on the FAF as much as possible.
• I will do my best to help the other Councilors perform their responsibilities.
• I understand that if I am unable to perform these duties, I will resign or be replaced.

I am free here and on Aeolus to answer any questions most of the time, Looking forward to any follow up questions
Kind regards GFY DEPONNY
GFY_DEPONNY

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: GFY_DePonny

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions