Player Councillor Applications

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Player Councillor Applications

Postby PhilipJFry » 23 May 2018, 18:21

i hope this is a joke

using a forum is nothing you'd need special knowledge for
we have pinned threads for important stuff and the sub forum names speak for themselves

why would anyone need a tutorial for using a forum?
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Blue_Owl » 23 May 2018, 19:24

biass wrote:This thread is used for applicants to sell themselves to council members in order to assist them in choosing a candidate for the position, since the council is already aware of and removed Blue_Owl from positions of authority because of personal attacks and blatantly lying to their peers, i don't feel the need to defend myself here.

Regardless, a player councillor not playing ladder has never been an issue, and critics of Tokyto's are more annoyed with lack of support or care of those areas of FAF under their custody, for example, broken ladder maps in the pool, the pool not changing, etc. As long as a PC stays active in the community, this wouldn't be a problem.

Most of my time in 2018 has been spent on the personal trainer side of things, with work on a guide already 5 pages long. I have and continue to train users on frequent basis, as you see literally one replay up in my vault.

You've been consistently proven to lie Blue_Owl, don't personally attack people because they refused to work with you.

Spoiler: show
1) Hey mods, I thought this tread for PC discussion, not personal attacks on me? EEspecially lying and accusing me of lies.
I've left M&M team by myself because I can't work with power hungry kids. I've been intived to return multiple times.

2) Tokyto has been actively playing ladder untill March 2017.

3) Biass, whats your opinion on current ladder pool? What do you think about big/small ladder pool? It was major change done by Tokyto.

4) You said you wanna create a team, who will be in your team? I think its important if mods elect you as a PC.
Blue_Owl
Crusader

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Blue_Owl

Postby PhilipJFry » 23 May 2018, 20:06

if you want a mod to moderate stuff then use the moderation report form and not some spoiler text in a forum post
or use the report button on the post that offends you
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby FtXCommando » 23 May 2018, 20:29

Communication is only one part of the role and I personally don't really see any point in creating new social media that needs to be followed for FAF. It seems like fluffing up the work of the PC for no real benefit right now. All we need for collecting data from a large segment of the FAF population is creating a survey and utilizing @everyone on the Discord to notify everyone about it. It would be very useful if a feature could be coded into the client that would allow for mass PMs to everyone online by a moderator so that a survey could be given out to the entire population that way as well. Until such a thing can be made, QAI spamming #aeolus and posting the survey in places like #newbie or the language channels is the best option. Otherwise, information that needs to be shared can be posted on the forums and a potential idea is some sort of PC Progress Report thread.

I would also be making two surveys for most situations when it comes to collecting data. I would have one for the general public and one I would hand out to selected individuals that I feel have a solid understanding of the game.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby JJ173 » 23 May 2018, 23:08

Greetings Commanders,

During the recent council meeting, we have all come to a consensus about the Player Councillor position. After a solid discussion about all of our current applicants, we have decided to extend the application period to the 31st of May. Applications will close at the end of the proposed day. Once our application period ends, we will open up a voting poll on the 1st of June which will run through until the 8th of June. FAF members will have the opportunity to vote for their first and second choices. Once the voting poll is closed, we will gather the final results and announce them as soon as possible. We would like to encourage members to apply for the position.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Happy Hunting,
The FAF Council
Check out the Nomads Campaign Project: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15534
Check out my first Coop Mission: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=15605
JJ173

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: TheAdDad

Postby yodabomb » 24 May 2018, 03:46

Might I recommend a more sophisticated rubric for measuring applicants?

Typically you would want to list out the requirements, and weights to each. For example:
- 4-10 hours week: 1 point
- 10+ hours week: 2 points

and so on, for every category. Applicants then know the expectations clearly. For leadership positions where you need to ask "tell me how you'll change things" you can communicate how you will evaluate submissions to that question - what things you are looking for, who are the judges, etc. Think of ways to either clearly state that you're doing a subjective (judge based) measurement or how you are objectively doing the measurement.

If you're really badass; you post all the results transparently. Not only do you gain community buy-in, but MORE IMPORTANTLY, you provide those who care enough about this community to volunteer the feedback they need to grow and learn.

if anyone thinks what I am saying is not total shit, i'm happy to help, just PM me.
yodabomb
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: yodabomb

Postby nine2 » 24 May 2018, 05:09

I'm not convinced a player councillor can achieve much.

I am seeing lots of applications saying "as player council i will be awesome for XYZ reason" but it might be very demoralizing when all of your great ideas turn into nothing.

Why did TA quit?
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby FtXCommando » 24 May 2018, 05:14

Can you tell me which of my ideas is unachievable?
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Lancezh » 24 May 2018, 10:11

My vote goes to biass because he's the most level headed when it comes to difficult situations and how he processes them he also proved with his contributions that he's caring and investing alot of time.
Lancezh

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Lancezh

Postby Rowey » 24 May 2018, 10:35

vote do not open till then 31st of may so u can make your decision then. but in the mean time id like to know how hosting and preparing tournament are not something that take a lot of time to organised and get player all in on place ?
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions