Player Councillor Applications

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Player Councillor Applications

Postby Voodoo » 23 May 2018, 00:30

I installed red alert 2 again last week. I was suprised that there are still 300 users online per day. Even it's a simple game compared to FA I had a lot of fun with it.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby Rowey » 23 May 2018, 00:33

need to get the steam copy and just enjoy it as it such a good series of games
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Postby Ze Dogfather » 23 May 2018, 07:00

I have an inquiry for the candidates on the matter of player communication and feedback.

Since you are relaying "...as many FAF players as is possible to gather, represent, and promote their ideas and interests." as specified on the Player Councilor's role description, do you also intend to cover the various platforms the community uses, such as Slack, Forums, and Discord? I am interested in understanding if the PC will be involved in gathering feedback on the community's perception of these platforms, in the interest of relaying what has improved the utility and function of their representation/promotion of FAF, as well as reveal what core flaws may need to be addressed.

I administrate the FAF's Discord right now, so my stake in this is trying to learn if perhaps the PC will be able to collect opinions and thoughts on these platforms that can be resourceful for helping shape the platform into an ideal medium and target any issues the users might have with it. I believe this is just as important for all other platforms the players utilize as we want to know what could be changed for the sake of improvement, which I am certain is valuable for contributors in every corner of our community. To hear if these might be matters that might interest the PC candidates I feel is a relevant topic for this discussion.

I bring this up since I see that biass and FtxCommando seem to be the only ones to address this in their applications, but I encourage every one of the candidates to endow us with their insight into this subject; it would be greatly appreciated. :)
A m a z e
Ze Dogfather
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 51 times
FAF User Name: Dogfather

Postby Rowey » 23 May 2018, 09:47

From where I see it FAF has a few main places of communication for the community which are the following #Aeolus, discord and forums. But I feel that the other 3 mediums I kind of not utilized as much for the more public side of FAF they are Twitter, Facebook & the slack channel.

I feel that the PC should use all there platforms to expand the way that is communicated with the players as for me the Facebook and Twitter just sit dormant for months on end so if like to get those accounts more asking the community the opinion on what they would like to see more from these accounts that are under-used.

Also FAF has the YouTube side for players too where at the moment all it is used for live streaming the Development conference and that about it, I think the YouTube channel should also be about promoting players with in the community. With the forums side of FAF it seems to me that a majority of the community don't really use it and it would be helpful to be able to gather more information on what the players prefer to communicate on.
Rowey
Contributor

Postby IceDreamer » 23 May 2018, 11:26

Just going to say we have got some really good applications here so far. This one is going to be tough! I encourage anyone sitting on the fence to apply ASAP. The number of applicants is likely to determine how the final winner is chosen, I think.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Farmsletje » 23 May 2018, 12:38

We can do a community vote to decide how we vote for the PC
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Rowey » 23 May 2018, 12:41

xD A vote for the vote
Rowey
Contributor

Postby Picoo » 23 May 2018, 13:45

Yeah I guess its not needed
Last edited by Picoo on 23 May 2018, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Picoo
Crusader

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Picoo

Postby TheKoopa » 23 May 2018, 14:36

We should make a tutorial about how to use tutorials
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Rowey » 23 May 2018, 15:59

@picoo

Who would make the Tutorials on how to use the forum
Rowey
Contributor