Player Councillor Applications

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Player Councillor Applications

Postby Apofenas » 21 May 2018, 14:42

Whoever promisses Yuri to revert current beta balance will win community vote.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby moonbearonmeth » 21 May 2018, 15:14

Don't make bets yours ass can't cash
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby FtXCommando » 21 May 2018, 17:02

Message me through Discord PM if you would like to talk about PC stuff because I got banned for saying very bad things in #aeolus.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Blodir » 22 May 2018, 09:46

As a PC the only thing you are given is a title and control over the ladder pool. So if you have some big plans for what you'd do if you were elected then I suggest you start on them now. Applicants should be judged on whether they deserve the title, not on their promises.
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby Brutus5000 » 22 May 2018, 10:40

While Blodir is technically correct, that the PC has not much control, I see a potential in the PC role that has not been used yet:

From a developer perspective we read a lot of suggestions (or demands) on how we should change ladder rating or stuff like that. As usual the players have different opinions and there is never a consensus. So in the end even good ideas remain idea. What I would like to see the next PC doing is: gather opinions and decide how something should be implemented (whether via vote or dictatorship decision - I don't care). And with this decision go and talk to the devs, work out a concept and aid in testing it.
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 288 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Postby Blue_Owl » 22 May 2018, 14:40

Blodir wrote:As a PC the only thing you are given is a title and control over the ladder pool.

Thats why PC should be someone who actively plays ladder. Out of all application we can see only Rowey and Picoo have ladder games played in 2018 lol.

Spoiler: show
Rowey
Picoo
Ftxboi
biass
Blue_Owl
Crusader

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Blue_Owl

Postby moonbearonmeth » 22 May 2018, 14:46

If a man is on a deserted island with an axe, is he a man with an axe or a man on an island?
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby Farmsletje » 22 May 2018, 15:07

Blue_Owl wrote:
Thats why PC should be someone who actively plays ladder. Out of all application we can see only Rowey and Picoo have ladder games played in 2018

Ah, thats why tokyto was chosen obviously! Its a shame all the other candidates from the last election didnt play ladder, otherwise they mightve had a chance.

Very mature of you to try and discredit ftx & biass just because you dont like them btw
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby JJ173 » 22 May 2018, 15:14

I'm going to start purging non-constructive comments about this process, I do not wish for you to be arguing on this post.
Check out the Nomads Campaign Project: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15534
Check out my first Coop Mission: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=15605
JJ173

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: TheAdDad

Postby FtXCommando » 22 May 2018, 15:16

I address that issue in my post. As you can see, I'm well aware of my inexperience when it comes to playing ladder and that I plan on creating a system that allows me to work with top ladder players as well as map authors to cover my weaknesses in that area.

FtXCommando wrote:
That strength takes me to the last issue, ladder pool decisions. Over the entire period of FAF since I came back from my 2 year break, the ladder pool has been an issue that never could be solved. It's obvious enough that I'm not the sort of individual that has the ladder experience to make proper decisions alone on the matter and I'm also not arrogant enough to believe I know what is best for ladder. When it comes to the creation of a ladder pool, I would utilize two major groups of individuals. I would like to create a group of players that are both capable at higher levels of ladder while also including map authors in order to create ladder pools that are at least satisfactory to several people.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions