Nomads are back!

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Nomads are back!

Postby PhilipJFry » 17 May 2017, 21:15

then host nomads on setons
you can't force other people to like what you like
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby BenDover » 17 May 2017, 21:16

CSI wrote:The thing you don't understand is that Nomads is not a "noob" mod like Total Mayhem or Xtrem Wars, I don't want to play with noobs on noobs maps. I want to play regular Setons with 5 factions...

Then go find yourself another 7 players who feel the same and play the mod. You can't? Well tough luck we can't all be happy.
BenDover

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Farmsletje » 17 May 2017, 21:21

CSI wrote:And the main reason people don't play it is because it is a mod, that sounds like a bad word to them.

Cause galance and bhalance weren't played at all...

What are you even trying to accomplish here? To convince us that nomads should be added to the main game? If so, please spend some time trying to come up with good arguments to avoid wasting everyone's time here.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby CSI » 17 May 2017, 21:22

Before liking it you need to try.

Imagine if all the LoL community were as close minded as you are saying than only the champions that were in the release should be in ranked... this is stupid and this is why it's not the case. SCFA is not a dead game yet so why should we stop adding content ? New content is added in every game which the devs care about. This has never been a bad thing.

BenDover wrote:
CSI wrote:The thing you don't understand is that Nomads is not a "noob" mod like Total Mayhem or Xtrem Wars, I don't want to play with noobs on noobs maps. I want to play regular Setons with 5 factions...

Then go find yourself another 7 players who feel the same and play the mod. You can't? Well tough luck we can't all be happy.

Wow that's some smart answer thank you for contribution
CSI

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: CSI

Postby BenDover » 17 May 2017, 21:24

CSI wrote:Wow that's some smart answer thank you for contribution

So stop behaving like a 5 year old who can't get his way. All mods including the nomads are perfectly playable in the current state, some are played more than others, deal with it.
BenDover

Postby FtXCommando » 17 May 2017, 21:32

CSI wrote:Before liking it you need to try.

Imagine if all the LoL community were as close minded as you are saying than only the champions that were in the release should be in ranked... this is stupid and this is why it's not the case. SCFA is not a dead game yet so why should we stop adding content ? New content is added in every game which the devs care about. This has never been a bad thing.

BenDover wrote:

Wow that's some smart answer thank you for contribution

You really need to stop framing this issue as if people need to prove to you why nomads should not be in the main balance. If you want it, you need to show that it has no effect on true skill. Your "solution" of making it optional in hosts only exacerbates the issue and makes the mod effect trueskill even more. Almost all of your posts are irrelevant to this point (the only point of any significance at all) so I don't know why you are calling others out for their lack of contribution.

Also, plenty of communities are killed by constant interference with a game in attempts to "revitalize" it and if this change goes through I expect FA to go the same route.
Last edited by FtXCommando on 17 May 2017, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby CSI » 17 May 2017, 21:33

Farmsletje wrote:
CSI wrote:And the main reason people don't play it is because it is a mod, that sounds like a bad word to them.

What are you even trying to accomplish here? To convince us that nomads should be added to the main game? If so, please spend some time trying to come up with good arguments to avoid wasting everyone's time here.

OK so here are my arguments :
- the mod is not heavily game changing, it will only take a few games to learn the strengths and weaknesses
- we could add an option to enable/disable it for eternal close minded people
- the mod is already quite well balanced
- it would bring some fresh air in the game
- Microsoft added lots of civilisations in AOE II HD nobody complains
- new champions are added in League of Legends every 2 months and are immediately playable in ranked games and nobody complains
- this is sad that such a well done mod is only played by some newbies when it has the same quality as if GPG devs had made it

And your arguments are :
- I don't want to play against them don't force me
- ?
CSI

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: CSI

Postby FtXCommando » 17 May 2017, 21:40

CSI wrote:
Farmsletje wrote:

OK so here are my arguments :
- the mod is not heavily game changing, it will only take a few games to learn the strengths and weaknesses
- new champions are added in League of Legends every 2 months and are immediately playable in ranked games and nobody complains
- this is sad that such a well done mod is only played by some newbies when it has the same quality as if GPG devs had made it

And your arguments are :
- I don't want to play against them don't force me
- ?

Adding a faction is not gamechanging - wrong. It's practically the definition of gamechanging. Was the addition of seraphim not gamechanging?

Already addressed why this solution is terrible.

With all due respect, I can't trust the balance opinion of a guy that says you fight all factions the same way.

Fresh air is irrelevant, I'd go outside for that.

This isn't age of empires, stick to the topic.

This is 't LoL stick to the topic.

Playerbase of a mod is not a criteria for ranked.

As said prior, we can have absolutely zero arguments and still be right. You need to prove it fits the criteria to be ranked, not us. You make the argument.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby BenDover » 17 May 2017, 21:45

CSI wrote:OK so here are my arguments :

- this mod includes new units and game mechanics, how is it not heavily game changing?
- as it currently exists, no reason to move it to the lobby
- irrelevant, this could be the most balanced mod ever, it's still a mod, besides I don't deem you qualified to judge what is balanced and what is not
- if it's some fresh air the game needs why aren't mods played more often? Could it be because people enjoy it as it is?
- who the f*** cares what was done in AoE?
- again, who cares?
- yes world is a sad place, think of the starving children in Africa, why don't you go do something about that instead.
BenDover

Postby Endranii » 17 May 2017, 22:03

I know that what I'm gonna say is gonna come as crazy/retarded etc.

But can we wait with this discussion until the dev's actually say that the work is done and all is needed is some balance tweaking?
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions