Nomads are back!

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Nomads are back!

Postby Farmsletje » 06 Mar 2017, 05:01

I dont think youve seen the unit list yet.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby sasin » 06 Mar 2017, 06:47

Ithilis_Quo wrote:
sasin wrote:Any word on when this is coming? Nomads is in the wwpc now, but I was waiting to get used to them for you to release this update :).

It is alredy out :). Like 95% is done, so feel free to deliver compliments and complains to curent version. That will make nomads better

Oh, nice! Glad to hear that, I"ll check them out!
sasin
Priest

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: sasin

Postby tatsu » 09 Mar 2017, 19:57

NOMADS!!!!
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby MurlocInvasion » 02 Apr 2017, 15:09

Still doesn't work for me. Whenever I host Nomads game, I get a message saying "Connecting" with a button "Abort Connect". This message remains no matter how long I wait and clicking "Abort Connect" takes me out of the lobby.

Not sure if it's relevant but I have both FaF and SupCom FA on my D:\ drive not on C:\.
MurlocInvasion

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: MurlocInvasion

Postby CookieNoob » 02 Apr 2017, 15:43

MurlocInvasion wrote:Still doesn't work for me. Whenever I host Nomads game, I get a message saying "Connecting" with a button "Abort Connect". This message remains no matter how long I wait and clicking "Abort Connect" takes me out of the lobby.

Not sure if it's relevant but I have both FaF and SupCom FA on my D:\ drive not on C:\.

does playing normal faf games work for you? If yes, try to clear your game files (option in the faf lobby). If that doesnt help, plz post your game.log in the tech support forum.
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

Postby andybe » 17 May 2017, 06:29

they need to be integrated into the basegame already.
Such an amazing job which is clearly an expansion moreso than a mod as that.
It saddens me though that every game that allows nomads is mostly everyone picking nomads.
making them part of the basegame would really just straighten this dynamic and allow for even better balancing and discussion.
andybe
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: andybe

Postby CSI » 17 May 2017, 12:53

I agree they should be in the basegame, for a very simple reason : if people don't want to play them, then they don't, but if I do want to play them, why couldn't I ? Don't tell me to host a nomads game because I tried dozens of time and I never managed to get a Seton full.
I mean, if the excuse is "I dOnt waNnA plaY aGaiSt nOMads gnegne" then do we use vanilla as default for people who don't want to play agains Seraphims ? That doesn't make sense. It will take a few game for everyone to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the Nomads and then people who enjoy playing them will be able to play them unlike now.
CSI

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: CSI

Postby PhilipJFry » 17 May 2017, 13:03

simple reason:
they're not polished enough
i wanna play random faction but don't wanna play nomads
i don't wanna play vs a faction i don't know in an unfinished state
Spoiler: show
you not being able to fill a lobby with nomads in a timely fashion is not a good reason to put them into the main game
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Morax » 17 May 2017, 13:05

Not to mention the game is undergoing balance changes for the base 4 factions. Adding a fifth would severely complicate things...
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby CookieNoob » 17 May 2017, 14:32

PhilipJFry wrote:they're not polished enough
since I read that a few times, maybe you can make a topic in the nomads forum about which part of nomads is unpolished in your opinion and prevents them from being implemented. I will then see what can be done about that.

PhilipJFry wrote:i wanna play random faction but don't wanna play nomads
very easy and very possible to implement. A similar thing exists in phantom-X and would be added when nomads are integrated in the main game as well (at least at the beginning). Maybe even a further advanced functionality where you can select which subset of factions you want to play.

PhilipJFry wrote:i don't wanna play vs a faction i don't know in an unfinished state
easy solution: play them more or play vs them more. Thats nothing that can be fixed on the mod side of things.

Morax wrote:Not to mention the game is undergoing balance changes for the base 4 factions. Adding a fifth would severely complicate things...
It got more complicated when seraphim were added, FA even added units for other factions... thats absolutely no argument why they shouldnt be integrated.

If you dont like something in the mod try to be more precise about what you dont like and make a post on the forum about it instead of saying "they are not polished" or "its complicated when we put them in". That's an absolutely meaningless complaint and can be said by anyone who never even played the mod once...
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions