Nomads are back!

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Nomads are back!

Postby biass » 18 May 2017, 05:28

I don't see how you could honestly come up with such a spew as "EQ is more game changing then nomads"

A number of stat changes is more obvious then adding a (overpowered) new faction? with its own powers, strengths and weaknesses?
Any chance you had of having a valid argument was void as soon as you said that "you consider all factions the same" but man this...

Maybe nomads lobbies don't fill for a reason? In its current state you wouldn't play a nomads lobby to play anything other then nomads because playing anything else would put you at a 'disadvantage'
i played 1 game of new nomads with a few BAW members, and then we got bored and decided no thanks

@cookie an "official" expansion from the original game creators (with the same content quality as the base game) holds far more weight on the playerbase then a noncanon, unofficial, mod of a new faction, with lower quality overall

to try and lump seraphim and nomads in the same boat is an excuse, and doesn't form enough justification to convince anyone.

Zeldafanboy wrote:Besides, the MML being able to fire from underwater is situational, nor is many amphibious units overpowered in any way. A transport trying to drop an ML is actually LESS likely to succeed than a CZAR because the Comet has less health. The T3 arty needs to be nerfed, I agree, and perhaps the ACU upgrades can be adjusted. But, I never said Nomads should be integrated in its current state. I agree that it needs to be high quality and balanced before integration is considered.

Are you okay? you haven't thought about some of these strategies enough, for eg you really think someone would drop a ml ontop of an acu like a czar? no dude

Zeldafanboy wrote:PhantomX is a minigame that changes the core gameplay and requires special maps.

This is false, phantom can be played on any map
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby BenDover » 18 May 2017, 07:00

CookieNoob wrote:if you want to play the game that the company that created it released you either need to play on steam (3603 already has content from modders as it was included by gpg back then) or in dstojkovs lobby where you can play good old 3599 (he will be happy about 100% user increase). The FAF-mod (yes, FAF is a mod) is actively developed by players and has made 4587 changes from version 3603 until today (as you can see here) https://github.com/FAForever/fa to improve gameplay and include new features (what problems are fixed with air craft bouncing of shields or a different sinking animation for harms?).

There is a difference between changing AOE stats for destroyers and adding 20% content into the game. You are not the original developer and your content should be optional.

CookieNoob wrote:There is simply no reason to make a mod that removes nomads (its totally useless to even suggest that) as it is required to enable the mod as a host and when you are the host anyway you can simply set a unit restriction.

Look at previous posts where sb said if nomads are integrated into base game there should/will be a button to disable them. I simply disagreed stating that there may as well be a button to enable them as it currently is and there is no reason to change that.

CookieNoob wrote:Implementing nomads into the main game is a longer term project and wont happen in the next few days or weeks. If brute and pip were satisfied with a half yearly update cycle, you would have nomads in the main game since ~3.5 years ago. Implementing nomads into base FAF was part of the "next" project.

Prior to integrating it, there would be some phase where the nomad mod would be on top of the featured mod list (instead of faf) and some announcements about this, furthermore there will probably be a poll about this. But as I said: this wont happen any time soon.

And this was decided based on ... feedback from 5 players that play nomads on a regular basis? I wish we had stats how this mod compared to others and while we're reshuffling the entire concept of FA we might as well throw some of the other most popular mods out there, t3 engi stations, t4 shields, experimental mexes etc. I find those more appealing than nomads why shouldn't they be added? Lets call them DLCs, you don't have to play with them if you don't want to!

CookieNoob wrote:about why it should be integrated: its basically an expansion (like Forged Alliance) for free which adds a little bit less content than FA did when it was released. In contrast to blackops or other unit mods, it doesnt add units for the other factions thus their game play is not a changed when playing vs other FA factions. When playing against nomads, different strategies are required but that applies to all factions (you cant play in the same way against UEF and aeon).
Adding them is also from an advertising point of view a great thing as it is a real reason to prefer FAF over steam and thus generating a larger player base (same thing applies to galactic war).
There are more reasons to add it, but as it wont happen soon anyway, I wont go further into detail.

It's not an expansion pack, it's a mod and there is nothing you can do ro say that will change that. Also please, do not go into further details this is disturbing enough.

CookieNoob wrote:maybe some moderator can split this discussion from the "nomads are back" topic as most of these posts here are off topic.

How is forcing this mod upon everyone not fit in the discussion thread about said mod? w/e...
BenDover

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby PhilipJFry » 18 May 2017, 07:43

BenDover wrote:How is forcing this mod upon everyone not fit in the discussion thread about said mod? w/e...

because the title of the thread is "nomads is back!" and not "should we add nomads to the base game?"
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby biass » 18 May 2017, 08:04

PhilipJFry wrote:
BenDover wrote:How is forcing this mod upon everyone not fit in the discussion thread about said mod? w/e...

because the title of the thread is "nomads is back!" and not "should we add nomads to the base game?"

see op:

CookieNoob wrote:Furthermore we changed the look of the faction and are improving the models with the goal to have the mod eventually integrated in main FAF at some point.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby BenDover » 18 May 2017, 08:07

PhilipJFry wrote:because the title of the thread is "nomads is back!" and not "should we add nomads to the base game?"

Oh yes because there is so much to discuss about nomads being back.. well now we know, nobody wants them apparently. I hope the poll will be advertised in FAF client not on the forums where nobody looks (nobody I spoke with knew about nomads integration either) and the results will be respected one way or another.
BenDover

Postby speed2 » 18 May 2017, 13:17

I ll cleanse this thread when I get home.

I think some people are not realizing that FAF is not dj dostojevsky's 3599
Our strategy isnt to keep FAF alive by not doing anything, but by adding a new content. And at some point it might be nomads as well.

As if we gonna lose some haters forum warriors in the process, Im not gonna miss them and Im sure I wont be alone
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby TheKoopa » 18 May 2017, 13:25

speed2 wrote:I ll cleanse this thread when I get home.

Our strategy isnt to keep FAF alive by not doing anything, but by adding a new content. And at some point it might be nomads as well.

As if we gonna lose some haters forum warriors in the process, Im not gonna miss them and Im sure I wont be alone

FAF was meant for the preservation of fa, with extra content in the way of mods, coop, gw, etc etc

NOT in the complete butchering of factions
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby CSI » 18 May 2017, 13:27

I like to ear that. people always resist in the first place then they go over it.
The game is very good as it is right now but that doesn't mean it will be worse if it gets new stuff.
CSI

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: CSI

Postby BenDover » 18 May 2017, 13:32

CSI wrote:I like to ear that. people always resist in the first place then they go over it.
The game is very good as it is right now but that doesn't mean it will be worse if it gets new stuff.

It already has the stuff for those who want it.
BenDover

Postby FtXCommando » 18 May 2017, 13:34

speed2 wrote:I ll cleanse this thread when I get home.

Why is it called FAF?

Because of the expansion "Forged Alliance" which added the Seraphim faction.

What happens when we add, by Cookie's own words, a new expansion to the game? It's no longer "FAF" but something else. It is neither Forged Alliance nor Forever. Just a coding playground.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions