Why did you stop playing FAF regularly?

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Why did you stop playing FAF regularly?

Postby Morax » 31 Aug 2016, 21:56

Tanksy wrote:A lot of what I've heard from others can be pretty much confirmed by just browsing some of the threads and seeing some of the community conversation for myself. At this point FAF should be opening its arms to community and trying to keep the game afloat. Instead there's a cult like feeling about it that puts me and others off from really joining in discussions.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of with new people.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Tanksy » 31 Aug 2016, 23:35

The only reason I'm posting here now is due to the fact I have no where else to turn for some modding help. If I could find what I was looking for in the GPG forums archives, or somewhere else -- I'd probably not be here.

That's not to say that I don't welcome the idea that I've been mislead or read into it wrongly. I'd love to be proved otherwise -- and I do hope I can feel free to post here and discuss things without this attitude of "Go FAF or Go Home" looming over my head. I respect that this community is primarily for FAF and I'd leave if I was asked to -- But look around, there's really no other choices when it comes to active FA communities..
Tanksy

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Zoram » 31 Aug 2016, 23:44

Morax wrote:
Tanksy wrote:A lot of what I've heard from others can be pretty much confirmed by just browsing some of the threads and seeing some of the community conversation for myself. At this point FAF should be opening its arms to community and trying to keep the game afloat. Instead there's a cult like feeling about it that puts me and others off from really joining in discussions.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of with new people.

Are you trying to confirm what he's saying ?
I actually agree with the feeling, the atmosphere here is weird, there are many condescending/arrogant peoply here. Probably just a vocal minority, and it's a real shame for the many forumers who are very decent, but it gives off a very off-puting vibe.
Zoram
Priest

Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 111 times
FAF User Name: zoram

Postby JaggedAppliance » 31 Aug 2016, 23:46

Tanksy wrote:That's not to say that I don't welcome the idea that I've been mislead or read into it wrongly. I'd love to be proved otherwise -- and I do hope I can feel free to post here and discuss things without this attitude of "Go FAF or Go Home" looming over my head. I respect that this community is primarily for FAF and I'd leave if I was asked to -- But look around, there's really no other choices when it comes to active FA communities..

I really hope no one would ask you to leave and if anyone does they can piss off themselves.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby Sovietpride » 01 Sep 2016, 12:07

[quote="Morax]

I think it's odd people are having to dedicate so much time to "work," esp in Europe where the working hours are strictly limited to 8 or less.

.[/quote]

AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHA

no.
Sovietpride

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: Sovietpride

Postby Morax » 01 Sep 2016, 17:02

Whelp, f*** thinking about to moving to Europe if that's true. I apparently talked to many, lucky individuals there!

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Morax » 01 Sep 2016, 17:03

JaggedAppliance wrote:I really hope no one would ask you to leave and if anyone does they can piss off themselves.

Yeah, this is perfect response to that.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Zoram » 01 Sep 2016, 18:12

Morax wrote:Whelp, f*** thinking about to moving to Europe if that's true. I apparently talked to many, lucky individuals there!

Europe is a big place...
Open something in off-topic if you're interested by more than cliches and anecdotes ..
Zoram
Priest

Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 111 times
FAF User Name: zoram

Postby MiloS444 » 01 Sep 2016, 19:35

Heard abut this topic couple of days ago. Finally got inspiration to write something with strength to beat laziness.

Lot of small things moved me from this interesting game. SO lets start from the biggest one:

-Lag in games. There is lag almost every round. It makes game last way way longer then needed. After some time you really dont care if u win or not because lag killed it
-Game engine, performance, poor programming how every you want to call it. It isnt normal to have laggy game that is 9 years old. I dont have perf. problems but I cant play it alone. More then half of community has some problems with the game. And then even if you overcome perf. problems there is always something not working. Server down, outbound traffic blocked, etc.....
-Arrogant ruling oligarchy. Agree with other people that there is something odd in this community. Yes there is friendliness in it but somehow the majority of old members look down on you.
-T3 air. If you dont want to build it you die sooner or latter. Would like to have some other counter to T3 that isnt spamming half of map in sams(only reason I play sera, it has likable ones).
-Think that seraphim is week outside T2. Units like to shoot terrain way too much.
-Didnt like 4 player maps in ladder in SC2 and dont like it hire. If they were meant to be played for 2 players they wouldnt be called 4 player maps. Why dont we add Seton in map pool :) However I dont play it so i dont care until it is changed.

After all of this I said to myself why waste free time that already isnt a lot on game that is singing its swansong. I moved back to LoL and total wars.

In the end just to add some encounter. Had really nice experience learning LUA in one developer weekend with speed2 long long time ago. He really tried to show how it works. Unfortunate next week we had some arrogant teacher /wont add his nick because this isnt supposed to be gossip club :P/ that was trying to prove that he without faculty is better then Programmer with master degree. You should not oppress help. He spent his time glorifying his script and not learning other.
MiloS444

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: MiloS444

Postby Destructor » 02 Sep 2016, 02:12

-GAP and SETONS CANCERS...
-Fixes that make game more turtle, with long time with any battle, like last patch that nerf ACUS.
-Moderators that don't give a shit with your arguments.
-Map pool with 20x20 maps (Like that with ice)
I really waiting for logical arguments to nerf ACUs.
Destructor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: BRS_DESTRUCTOR

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions