UI mods you use and why

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: UI mods you use and why

Postby tatsu » 29 Mar 2016, 13:03

Iszh wrote:Please be aware that e throttling can kill you. Better switch it off. Thats ecomod feature but it does not work well sometimes. For example if you share your ressources automatically in teamgames and you dont have enough own e income. Despite full e storage it will stop all your engis working because the mod cant calculate the correct engery from allies and thinks you dont have enough. Alike things can happen in 1v1. It will pause important things which can easily kill you. for example spamming pd or aa gun with upgraded acu which can be important suddenly. The mod will pause the acu if you dont have enough of e and let other things like building new pgens go on.

does this mean I should pull energy throttling all the way down and defer to Mssfabmanager again?
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby Iszh » 29 Mar 2016, 13:10

No, switching off e throttle does not switch off the mass fab manager part of ecomod. It is better than the mass fab manager. E throttle is simply preventing e stall. You can test it yourself and let it be switched on. If you have a good feeling for your eco and know if something goes wrong then you can let it stay switched on and it will serve you well. It helps for example in begin to recharge OC faster because it will pause all your engis after an oc until you have a good storage level again. But you should be attentive and if you see units paused and you dont stall e then type very very fast "/t 0" in the chat, thats the command for manually switching it off in chat. Same way you can switch it back on again with "/t auto".
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby tatsu » 29 Mar 2016, 13:18

Anihilnine wrote:Nice. I'll do it soon. Anything else you want?

well if it could be it's own tickbox in the menu.

implementing your own selection mods ( if you haven't already (evidently selection lock already is; I can't tell by looking at the luas if the others are as well) and only if tests for crashes and lags are positive. The only ones I can think of are selection prioritisation and hot select (although it hasn't been made but really that is a good idea) but help me out if I'm missing some here.)

something I would really like is comments all over the luas and why not a readme at the root for scrubs like me this way we may contribute.

make double tap control group automatically track that group

I'm really persuaded there was already a mod that did that but I can't find it now.

Thank you very much. I can't overstate how much I love your mod.
Last edited by tatsu on 29 Mar 2016, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby CodingSquirrel » 29 Mar 2016, 14:09

tatsu wrote:So here's something else I found out :

ecomanager and notify both have com upgrade percentage overlay on map and they overlap so I'm going to try to turn off one or the other.

FYI:
CodingSquirrel wrote:[*]Added chat commands to enable and disable the ally notify portion of the mod and the ETA/Percentage overlay. /enableNotify and /disableNotify will turn on and off both the chat notifications and the ETA/Percent overlay, /enableNotifyChat and /disableNotifyChat will turn on and off just the chat notifications, and /enableNotifyOverlay and /disableNotifyOverlay will turn on and off just the overlay. Adding "once" after any of these commands will keep the settings from being saved, it will only keep the changes for the current game (e.g., typing "/disableNotifyOverlay once" into chat will turn off the overlay for this game only).
CodingSquirrel

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 63 times
FAF User Name: CodingSquirrel

Postby CodingSquirrel » 29 Mar 2016, 14:14

Lionhardt wrote:Well, NOW I tested in beta. But still, no even distribution:

random_first_pass2.jpg

The changes were done to ensure that every unit was targeted first at least once in that scenario, because before it was possible for some units to just be ignored on the first pass. Though I don't see why it couldn't be further enhanced to make sure there are no random first orders given, so that the first attack is evenly spread out if there are more attacking units than targets.
CodingSquirrel

Postby tatsu » 29 Mar 2016, 16:30

@CodingSquirrel
woops! thank you.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby tatsu » 29 Mar 2016, 17:30

weird. the faf update made it better but not quite there.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby nine2 » 29 Mar 2016, 18:35

tatsu your mod is ready, PM me an email address and i will send to you (mod vault is broken)
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby CodingSquirrel » 03 Apr 2016, 19:52

I tried out selection deprioritizer and I found two "issues" with it that I fixed for myself. The first is, logging is enabled by default, which greatly slows down selecting large amounts of units. It logs the exotic status for every single unit. So if you're selecting a few hundred units it will be spitting a lot to the log. Setting logging to false makes selection instantaneous again. The second is that if it has to make any changes to the selection then the selection sound ends up being lost. I solved this by adding "SelectUnits(oldSelection)" right above "SelectUnits(newSelection)". This made the selection sounds behave as expected.
CodingSquirrel

Postby tatsu » 03 Apr 2016, 21:30

CodingSquirrel wrote:d.

can I have your modded version of the mod please?
tatsu
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions