UI mods you use and why

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: UI mods you use and why

Postby nine2 » 29 Mar 2016, 02:29

tatsu wrote:
Anihilnine wrote:Tatsu just turn off split screen in options and your 'uiparty bug' goes away

how do you do that permenantly ?

I did mention using "end" at the beginning of each game.

Uiparty has like 15 settings in it's own options screen.
See opening post on uiparty thread
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Lionhardt » 29 Mar 2016, 02:52

tatsu wrote:ok now I see what you were talking about. like 3 minutes and 20 seconds into the game it just crashes. with a selection box still on the screen.

Exactly. I did not have it crash, but selecting stuff made the frames stop for like 100 ms.
Help me make better maps for all of us, visit my Mapping Thread.

Maps needing gameplay feedback:
Spoiler: show
[list updated last: 31.1.2018]

(maps available in the vault)

- Hexagonian Drylands
- Fervent Soil and Torrid Suns

YouTube Channel
Lionhardt
Contributor

Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 144 times
FAF User Name: Lionhardt

Postby tatsu » 29 Mar 2016, 10:19

Lionhardt wrote:
tatsu wrote:ok now I see what you were talking about. like 3 minutes and 20 seconds into the game it just crashes. with a selection box still on the screen.

Exactly. I did not have it crash, but selecting stuff made the frames stop for like 100 ms.

here's what I found :
there's already a unit lock + extra features so selection lock mod necessarily can't be used with UI party and probably all selection mods too.

EDIT : xD look it sais so right at the beginning of this thread : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=9678
Anihilnine wrote:Uiparty has like 15 settings in it's own options screen.
See opening post on uiparty thread

oh thank you ! sorry if I seemed mean in the other thread it really wasn't my intention. I like you. :)

which mod is the one that selects factory for you at the beginning? I thought it was UI party but seems not. now I don't have it on and I can't seem to turn it back on. but at least I turned off split screen which does mean UI party works.

Also I supposed Notifications wouldn't need preemptive configuration and I looked at the options and it seemed so but it doesn't seem to do anything in-game. is this mod currently functional at all?

EDIT : I checked the release date : 2016-01-03 that' can't possibly be any better. all the other mods are 2015. so it's me doing something wrong.

EDIT : OMG Image

EDIT OMG IT ACTUALLY WORKS AND THIS NEEDS TO BE VANILLA FOR THE SAKE OF NEW PLAYERS
Last edited by tatsu on 29 Mar 2016, 11:09, edited 2 times in total.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby nine2 » 29 Mar 2016, 10:54

Fac select is actually part of the split screen feature u just turned off. Sounds bizarre I know
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby tatsu » 29 Mar 2016, 11:03

Anihilnine wrote:Fac select is actually part of the split screen feature u just turned off. Sounds bizarre I know

It's..... super fucking bizzare. WTF.

could you fix that perhaps ?

EDIT : ok I've been looking at the luas and i inadvertently found the factory place in "gamemain.lua"
off to see how bad I can break this mod x)

Edit : I'm not really good at this but I got something I'm willing to use for now : no split screen and doesn't zoom in too much and fac is preselected however build menu is still borked. I'm going to turn off menu reorganize and that should likely give me best bang for buck.(EDIT : that did not work)
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby tatsu » 29 Mar 2016, 11:54

So here's something else I found out :

ecomanager and notify both have com upgrade percentage overlay on map and they overlap so I'm going to try to turn off one or the other.

EDIT :
alright that's fixed.

I took it upon myself to also make the text the same size as notify since otherwise it's really hard to read.

If you wanna do as I do :
  • Go to C:\Users\***********\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods\Notify\modules
  • edit the notify file and delete or comment out (comments are double dash like this -- ) line 98 - 103
    just type "/disableNotifyOverlay" into game chat and it'll be permanently fixed.
  • TO MAKE UPGRADE OVERLAY TEXT BIGGER:
    Go to C:\Users\***********\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods\EM\modules
  • edit buildoverlay : at line 102 and 103 increment both values. I liked "100" and "50" but I've made it higher since.

Back to the UI party issue : this is my bug (ignore the mass overlay my hotkey for hyperdesktop screenshots is "CTRL-SHIFT-5") :

and this is what it looks like when "Move Bottom Panes" is off :
as you can see I've managed to remove split screen (and you can't see this but : ) also keep preselected fac.

restoring ui to working order is as simple as deselecting com and reselecting anything. "end" key is overkill. so it's actually not that severe of a bug it's quite playable. but it's still a nag.

I've commented out stuff all over C:\Users\tatsu\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods\UI-Party\hook\lua\ui\game -> gamemain.lua

but no cigar.

@Anihilnine any idea what could fix this?

this is what my current settings are :
Image I've tried every combination. and of course with the mod all on it's own and with FA launched twice.
Last edited by tatsu on 29 Mar 2016, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby nine2 » 29 Mar 2016, 12:36

Sure. Donate 20eur to faf and I'll make it properly for you.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby Iszh » 29 Mar 2016, 12:40

Please be aware that e throttling can kill you. Better switch it off. Thats ecomod feature but it does not work well sometimes. For example if you share your ressources automatically in teamgames and you dont have enough own e income. Despite full e storage it will stop all your engis working because the mod cant calculate the correct engery from allies and thinks you dont have enough. Alike things can happen in 1v1. It will pause important things which can easily kill you. for example spamming pd or aa gun with upgraded acu which can be important suddenly. The mod will pause the acu if you dont have enough of e and let other things like building new pgens go on.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby tatsu » 29 Mar 2016, 12:55

Anihilnine wrote:Sure. Donate 20eur to faf and I'll make it properly for you.

again? Image alright.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby nine2 » 29 Mar 2016, 13:02

Nice. I'll do it soon. Anything else you want?
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions