UI mods you use and why

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: UI mods you use and why

Postby briang » 24 Mar 2016, 22:52

SeraphimLeftNut wrote:
briang wrote:Latest version of ecomanager and Notify

Ecomanager is nice if you know how the hell to use it and Notify is a near necessity for teamgames...

Would be nice to get a tutorial on how to use the ecomanager

There already is one; the forum thread is very detailed. People just don't bother to read it.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby CodingSquirrel » 24 Mar 2016, 23:00

DualScreen v6
Moves all the UI elements to one side of the screen when in split screen mode

Hotbuild Extra Buildings
Adds e storage and support factories to existing hotbuild keys

Notify v3.8
Queue upgrades, get early access to higher tech buildings, etc.

Supreme Economy EM-edition v2
Shows mex information as well as the top sources of eco drain. I modified it to show my number of t3 mexes as well.

Supreme Score Board v1.1
A much more informative score board

UI Mass Fab Manager FA v3
I've honestly used this only a couple times since I downloaded it a long time ago.
CodingSquirrel

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 63 times
FAF User Name: CodingSquirrel

Postby d-_-b » 24 Mar 2016, 23:53

• Better LOD
    See reclaim further away, see trees further away, general eyecandy, careful that giving manual reclaim orders zoomed too far out will not work properly

• Supreme Economy
    See what is guzzling mass/power, invaluable in a stall to know what to pause for best effect, i find the mex menu kindof useless though...

• EcoManager
    Allows to see how far nukes/antis are to being loaded. With changed priorities in the script, i use it to allow for T1 air factory to soak all extra power, and pause air when i need it. Great when you are building power up to expensive upgrade, but don't want to waste it on overflow and have air facs on hotkeys. RAS upgrade, T3 air fac engies etc. Pairs well with Supreme Economy, as i can manually pause big drainers as i find ecomod makes some pretty poor choices. Turn it off, as it's quite useless if you're not AIR, or primary producer of power on the team, as it is bugged with overflow. Mandatory if you plan to use mass fabricators...

• Notify
    Everybody needs to know you're getting a big baguette. Would be amazing if it notified upping Factory tech too...

• Reshade
    Not a UI mod as such, but a shader injecter similar in vein to sweetfx or enbseries. Combined with better LOD, makes FA graphics seriously sweet
d-_-b

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: d-_-b

Postby IceDreamer » 25 Mar 2016, 00:11

*Takes notes to see which ones should be implemented...*
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby nine2 » 25 Mar 2016, 03:24

Hey IceDreamer,

How about instead of implementing them, instead you build up a list of ui mods that are bundled with FAF client and are turned on by default. This way all users still get them.

There is not much extra benefit to implementing ui mods. It means FAF developers can improve them over time, and that they won't be broken by new FAF releases.

However there is a cost. It means that improvements to ui mods get trapped into the FAF 6 month release cycle. I release 5 versions of my mod in that time.

And all that time you spend integrating ui mods could be spent on something we (ui mod authors) can't do -> integrating sim mods. I'd rather see your time put into things like implementing reclaim-area commands, making a load-transport feature, making the view-reclaim feature (this one is already done).

So ...
- dont integrate ui mods, just enable them by default
- spend dev resources on things ui modders cant do
= the world is a better place

Cheers
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby nine2 » 25 Mar 2016, 03:26

Supreme Economy 2.1, Notify, Notifications, Ui-Party, one other i forget
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Mr-Smith » 25 Mar 2016, 11:50

Notify, and notifications, also i got everything enabled in notifications. :) This mod is just epic, no more forgetting e-storages, or scauting, :) Its so epic having someone taking a look on game time and telling you what to do.

Also , what is that mod everyone uses for autogenerating Unit names ? always wanted such a mod :)
If you can't beat us...
...join us.
Doge This, hover ACU: https://youtu.be/a67tvWmu31Y?list=LLW-T ... O4fQ&t=179
Mr-Smith
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 36 times
FAF User Name: Mr-Smith

Postby Lionhardt » 25 Mar 2016, 12:13

Anihilnine wrote:Hey IceDreamer,

How about instead of implementing them, instead you build up a list of ui mods that are bundled with FAF client and are turned on by default. This way all users still get them.

There is not much extra benefit to implementing ui mods. It means FAF developers can improve them over time, and that they won't be broken by new FAF releases.

However there is a cost. It means that improvements to ui mods get trapped into the FAF 6 month release cycle. I release 5 versions of my mod in that time.

And all that time you spend integrating ui mods could be spent on something we (ui mod authors) can't do -> integrating sim mods. I'd rather see your time put into things like implementing reclaim-area commands, making a load-transport feature, making the view-reclaim feature (this one is already done).

So ...
- dont integrate ui mods, just enable them by default
- spend dev resources on things ui modders cant do
= the world is a better place

Cheers

I agree, but that other thread is where the discussion should happen. Therefore I will copy this your post and reply to it in the other thread, because there is another point I want to make regarding this.
Help me make better maps for all of us, visit my Mapping Thread.

Maps needing gameplay feedback:
Spoiler: show
[list updated last: 31.1.2018]

(maps available in the vault)

- Hexagonian Drylands
- Fervent Soil and Torrid Suns

YouTube Channel
Lionhardt
Contributor

Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 144 times
FAF User Name: Lionhardt

Postby Iszh » 25 Mar 2016, 13:08

1.) Supreme Economy EM-edition: just for realizing abnormal usage of ressources somewhere and see what i need it for

2.) Ecomanager: I switched off any throttling function i love the mex upgrade function on click and right click with engis it makes life easy. The overlay of mexes nukes and tmd is also very nice and needed. I think sometimes it improves ressource sharing if somebody else has the same mod but i never paid attention to it. It manages mass fabs very well better than mass fab manager even without activated throttling.

3.) Notify v3.8: essential overlay very nice

4.) notifications v5.2: not to forget stuff sometimes reminds scouting in the right moment :P

5.) transport hotkey: it is autoselecting and adding the next idle highest tech level transport to my active group. basically i can when selected my units press hotkey "i" then "u" and unload somewhere and the units will be transported there if a transport was idle but this function is bugged as i described so there is a second hotkey which is autoadding the next idle transport and jumping with cam to it so i can right click and just need to unload somewhere.

6.) Vet Names: funny to get names on units with veterancy, sometimes help to see how sucessful some kind of units are. Mongoose for example always will reach lots of vet levels and still lose the game lol.

7.) Common mod tools: simply needed to exist ....

8.) Idle Engineers V2: essential overlay addon

9.) better lod: i switch it off sometimes because i am not sure if it is the reason for small lags

So i would say 8 ui mods since mod tools are not really a mod.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Kalvirox » 25 Mar 2016, 13:09

None whatsoever.
Because they are not useful to me.
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions