Nominations for the new Councillors

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Nominations for the new Councillors

Postby Voodoo » 02 Mar 2016, 21:41

Hi everyone,

I think nearly all here know that some seats of the Council still need to be filled. That is the reason why i'm creating this thread. If you think you are the right one for this, then reply to this thread with the reasons why or nominate a player whom you trust. The thread will be open until March 20th. The vote will start after this.

We are searching for:

The Players Councillor
(They will communicate the will of the community.)

The Promotors Councillor
(They will help to promote FAF via blogs, casts, contests, and other forms of promotion.)

The Mod and Map Councillor
(They (could be one, or two people)/ will receive full vault access)

The tasks are not fixed. It's up to the councilors to define their own positions.

- The Council

*** A player who was banned from chat or game for a week or more can not become a Councillor. ***

The Nominations so far:
Spoiler: show
for the Players Councillor:

Kalviraox
speed2
Zlo
Blodir
Pwnable
Softles
Morax
Softly

for the Promotors Councillor

VioletAnia
Kalvirox
Gyle
Luxun
Kalvirox
tatsu
Architekt

for the Mod and Map Councillor

biass
IceDreamer
Blodir
exotic_retard
Crotalus
SC-Account
speed2
Kalvirox
Legion (The Legend) Darrath
pip
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Re: Nominations for the new Councilors

Postby theeggroll » 02 Mar 2016, 21:48

I nominate
Kalviraox for players councilor
Manread or VioletAnia for promotion councilor
Biass for mod and map councilor
Blackheart for fuhrer
GMT - 6 http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/
When in doubt, Blame Gorton
theeggroll
Priest

Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 98 times
FAF User Name: theeggroll

Postby VioletAnia » 02 Mar 2016, 21:53

theeggroll wrote:I nominate
Blackheart for fuhrer

I'd actually be up for promotion councilor, i'm already posting news on the news page of the website as well as posting stuff on the facebook page, i've hosted 4 or 5 tournys and have been live casting them as well as a few others. I'll also be geting back into streaming once uni settles down... if anyone is studying engineering in Australia right now they'll know how badly teqsa and ea have screwed up omgggg >.<
Ahahaha but yea anyways, as usual i'd love to help out, and thanks for your support eggroll <3
VioletAnia

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: VioletAnia

Postby keyser » 02 Mar 2016, 22:16

@VioletAnia "players councilor" main job was (and i think will still be) to choose map for ladder rotation. Do you think you have the knowledge to set a up an equilibrated map pool, with the impartiality to not choose a map (or the map pool in general) too good for certain faction, or that you will remove some maps from the list only by personal point of view (ie : are you able to take into consideration players point of view ?). Moreover being able to set up a map pool with good amount of different : size 5x5, 10x10, 20x20. And with an appropriate ratio of naval/land map ?

doesn't mean that it's the only job of the player councillor though.

edit : maybe you meant promotors councillor, in which case, make more sense to me.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Morax » 02 Mar 2016, 22:26

VioletAnia wrote:
theeggroll wrote:I nominate
Blackheart for fuhrer

I'd actually be up for player councillor, i'm already posting news on the news page of the website as well as posting stuff on the facebook page, i've been casting and i'm going to get back into streaming once uni settles down... if anyone is studying engineering in Australia right now they'll know how badly teqsa and ea have screwed up omgggg >.<
Ahahaha but yea anyways, as usual i'd love to help out, and thanks for your support eggroll <3

That probably falls more in line with the promotion of FAF, not the player councilor.

I don't get the "communicate the will of the community" thing. That sounds like something from a religious or revolutionary pact.

The player councilor should be someone who understands the game very well and has a social drive to educate a healthy play style through tutorials, inspiration, discount the use of known exploits, and create a competitive drive for tournaments. The passion should be to obtain a model player of the game and enjoy training individuals who want to learn it.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby IceDreamer » 02 Mar 2016, 22:30

Would consider being Maps/Mods Councillor. Would also nominate Kalvirox and Gyle for Promotion Councillor, speed2 for Player Counsillor, Blodir for Maps/Mods Councillor
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby VioletAnia » 02 Mar 2016, 22:31

Morax and Keyser you're absolutely right i meant promotion councilor, i'm an absolute poop brain, i thought promotion but i typed player! >.< mb

edit: Forgot to nominate
Map and mod i'd like to nominate speed, blodir and exotic
Player i think someone super nice and good should do it so i think Zlo or Blodir. I'd also recommend Pwnable, or Unpwnable, or his various other names, if he was more involved in the community, he's really good at the game, he's good at teaching the game and he's a very nice person! =)

Anyways, that's my 2 cents ^^
VioletAnia

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: VioletAnia

Postby briang » 02 Mar 2016, 22:33

I nominate Crotalus, SC-Account, and Blodir for mod/map councilors. (mods and maps are so wholly different I think there ought to be one person handling each)

I think Gyle is the logical choice for promotion councilor if he is willing/able to put in the time. If Kalvirox shows some greater effort with the podcast I'd put him in the running as well.(if not, the promotion councilor will have to work well w/ him)
Last edited by briang on 03 Mar 2016, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 02 Mar 2016, 22:44

keyser wrote: ...up an equilibrated map...
hmmmmmmm http://replygif.net/i/223.gif

I nominate for player conilor speed2
Why?
- Because its best person for that work, make a lot of instructal videos, plenty of tutorial that are realy helpful, is one of most importatnt person on wiki, working on coop mision, probably as only person from whole faf, creating and helping with creating with maps, organize tournamets, and its one of best player ever, with evil 72% 1v1 win ratio, and know lot of players and none have any personal problem with him (maybe I, sometime ;) ) Also he was apply for this post in past, and would be much better as previous player concilor that basicly only chose map and thats all. I dont know none who can be even close to speed quality.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luxun/gyle/Violet for promoter concilor
- luxun and gyle should be probably better, because do lot of casts, gyle casts are legendary, hes best caster that faf ever have, and i know promoting is not only about casts. Luxun have also lot of instructation casts with lovely explaining and etc, but also dont think that he is interesing atm.
So Violet, not as wors option from posible but as good enought.
Imho promoting concilor have huge responsibility of way with should FAF move in future, how would grow and where and if will not die for demografic reasons. Violet is very nice person, making some casts and its enjoable watch on them, as a women have secret weapon how to deliver message for new peaple why is realy good idea play FAF rather as other rts.
________
dont have other suggestion, sory for my broken english.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby keyser » 02 Mar 2016, 23:03

luxun is worst possible choice for anything.

<3 you LuXy
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Next

Return to General Discussions