Nominations for the new Councillors

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Nominations for the new Councillors

Postby Zock » 16 Jun 2016, 19:26

Sorry, where did i praise sheeo or harass anyone for not doing it? There is a difference between critic and public which hunting of people that put in their free time, not approving of the later doesn't mean i am about to start a personality cult. Things are not as we'd like, but it's still better than nothing. What do you want to do, say how fed up you are with him until he quits, or just kick him now because he isn't doing his "job", and then...then what?
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby nine2 » 16 Jun 2016, 19:40

Plot twist: Sheeo is Ze_Pilot
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby briang » 16 Jun 2016, 19:43

I don't see anybody who is complaining ready to put money forward to commission someone to do the work that Sheeo has done (almost exclusively) for free. Maybe I care less because I don't play anymore but with a more objective stance it seems that expecting someone to do this shit for free is just mind-numbingly stupid. ZeP didn't do it for free, where do you think donation money that wasn't used to pay for the server went? That is the key difference you're missing.

You all act as if "oho in the ZeP days he did all the work and maybe he was a bit of a d*** sometimes but at least the work got done for free." It was about as far from free as it gets. Let's also remember that FAF was ZeP's primary job at the time and (I think) one of his only sources of income. Sheeo is gainfully employed elsewhere and offered to take over development for free and add greater transparency to development work. Tell me he hasn't done that.

IMO pony up some cash on a patreon for Sheeo or find someone who is willing to put in a higher volume of work than he is for free before you start whining. Right now you're just whining to whine, there aren't any alternatives.

Before you suggest it, ZeP isn't an alternative, he only offered to do work on GW. Frankly, his little "I told you so" rant in Aeolus just made me question less whether his leaving was good for FAF or not.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby Mad`Mozart » 16 Jun 2016, 19:57

Zock wrote:Sorry, where did i praise sheeo or harass anyone for not doing it? There is a difference between critic and public which hunting of people that put in their free time, not approving of the later doesn't mean i am about to start a personality cult. Things are not as we'd like, but it's still better than nothing. What do you want to do, say how fed up you are with him until he quits, or just kick him now because he isn't doing his "job", and then...then what?

So what did you mean then with your sarcastic tone in message i quoted before? Tell me again it was not harassing after people complained. I could see exact same response when someone would raise a concern in aeolus about something. Often people would tell them off with "they are doing it in free time so piss off" and just disregard the concern. Kinda same thing you there too. Also no, you havent started a personality cult, you're just following it.

And again i want to mention that i do not intend to go around blaming sheeo or someone else here. But in current light of events looks like i cant avoid it. Some time ago i used to talk to people about issues or working out some ideas (mainly for ladder) but since i dont code i found it somewhat impossible to contribute. Because every time people were pointing at sheeo saying we need his approval to do this or that, we need to wait till he uploads a new version, or comes home and clicks some button. Well you see where are we know, so to answer your last question i rather just quit myself.
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby TheKoopa » 16 Jun 2016, 20:00

Alright guys you can calm down now or I start deleting posts
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Morax » 16 Jun 2016, 20:27

briang wrote:IMO pony up some cash on a patreon for Sheeo or find someone who is willing to put in a higher volume of work than he is for free before you start whining.

ALready did that, briang:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9613&hilit=donations+are+going+where

Ionic and I both contributed $100 a piece to test the waters and after being neglected and lied to, at least I, decided it's not really a good idea to donate anymore.

I was all up for donating money in intervals of time to support people and say a little more than "thanks," but lying and dragging your feet on something doesn't really equate to a good response.

I'm still hoping Sheeo can turn around a bit and show what he can do, but who knows... :roll:
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Morax » 16 Jun 2016, 20:32

It would make me happy to see things move smoothly and show appreciation that receives a response like this again. I just don't know if I'll trust these guys again. There is nothing wrong with that given the events that have happened, but there is hope...

SheeoThanks.PNG
SheeoThanks.PNG (43.47 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Legion Darrath » 16 Jun 2016, 20:47

That post is dated march 2015. The amount of work that has been done since then is huge even though it might not be directly visible to you. Claiming that you were lied to is insane, especially when you consider none of the donations from the frontpage go directly to the devs.

At any rate this thread has run its course.
Legion Darrath
Evaluator

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 117 times
FAF User Name: Legion_Darrath

Postby Sheeo » 16 Jun 2016, 23:35

Legion Darrath wrote:That post is dated march 2015. The amount of work that has been done since then is huge even though it might not be directly visible to you. Claiming that you were lied to is insane, especially when you consider none of the donations from the frontpage go directly to the devs.

At any rate this thread has run its course.

That post is still true. I get motivated by people engaging in this community and putting effort into it. That's all that post said though, and I don't understand what exactly has been lied about.

Anihilnine wrote:Plot twist: Sheeo is Ze_Pilot

Funny, but, kind of not funny at the same time.

Morax wrote:Sheeo, do you really truly want to make this game great and work well?

Lot of rumors people are coming in to take over and pass it along.

What is the deal?

What happened?

In my hopes, you are the one who succeeds and makes this great. I don't want someone else to take it up.

We're an open community and I'm not some kind of dictator locking in anything, nor am I holding anyone back with my lack of time -- those who have the ability and will to spend time on evolving the game are fully able to do so. I really don't understand why you're insinuating what you are here.

Since this thread is locked, you won't be able to reply. Feel free to send me a message in PM or catch me some time in IRC.

If this misunderstanding is a broad theme, I'll gladly do an AMA.
Support FAF on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/faf?ty=h

Peek at our continued development on github: https://github.com/FAForever
Sheeo
Councillor - Administrative

Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 233 times
FAF User Name: Sheeo

Previous

Return to General Discussions