Nominations for the new Councillors

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Nominations for the new Councilors

Postby Apofenas » 03 Mar 2016, 04:55

I hope map counsilor will clear the map vault from broken/not played maps and delete/hide out-dated versions of maps. I would even learn to code to add option to hide Voodoo, TeamPlay_AI and such, if i became MapCon.

My nominations:

M&M councilor: IceDreamer
Player councilor: Iszh
Promotors councilor: Kalvirox
Last edited by Apofenas on 03 Mar 2016, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby biass » 03 Mar 2016, 05:20

Here are my nominations for the council positions. These have been chosen from their presence in their respective scenes, and are hopefully committed to listening/acting on community requests and (for those affected) cleaning vaults and also the forums, these have not been selected by skill in any way.

In a perfect world scenario, there should be two or three players to fill the position, so that all timezones could be filled and that there would always be someone around to communicate with if another was busy with a project.
there can also be an channel for separate council positions, #mapping, #promotion etc

I also request that there is not one clan ruling all the positions, FAF should be represented by FAF, not a clan.

Of course, me choosing not to nominate does not mean that person is not deserving of the position, if they receive it.
Lets not do that moderator fiasco again

Players Councilor

Blackheart, Morax, Blackheart would be my number one because stuff could be done, Morax has done great work with WWPC in the past, both understand ladder.

Promoters Councillor

Kalvirox, his work with the podcast/wwpc etc is well done, i thought about Gyle but he does not have the time it seems, although the pair would be working together, good to note that share the same timezone.

Maps and mods should be separated, but working closely together. Maybe as a three manned team of the 'content' council with both modding and mapping councillors to assist. if that was the case, speed2 would be my choice for his work on coop, however i chose not to nominate for others due to his busy-ness and disconnection from the in-faf community, not that it matters because everyone else nominated xD

Mods would be Washy, Crotalus, CodingSquirrel, nothing to comment because i know nothing of the modding scene.

Maps would be biass ( 8-) ) Blodir. Would have voted Lionhardt but he is dead, speed is too busy on coop to take requests/vault janitor role, i never see Blodir on mapping forum but streaming mapping is good stuff. Blodir and i also operate in different time zones.

If maps and mods are not separate, eh probably speed2, but again, he should be able to spend as much time on his work as possible. without uhh, interruptions.
Last edited by biass on 03 Mar 2016, 05:41, edited 1 time in total.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Mel_Gibson » 03 Mar 2016, 05:33

734 subscribers and 100k views on Youtube. Yes, i have also never heard of this speed2.
Mel_Gibson

Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 186 times

Postby Sheeo » 03 Mar 2016, 05:38

Apofenas wrote:I would even learn to code to add option to hide Voodoo, TeamPlay_AI and such, if i became MapCon.

Please learn to code and contribute anyway :) Much apreciated if you do!
Support FAF on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/faf?ty=h

Peek at our continued development on github: https://github.com/FAForever
Sheeo
Councillor - Administrative

Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 233 times
FAF User Name: Sheeo

Postby briang » 03 Mar 2016, 06:15

Unfortunately none of the BC boys involved with the Peanut Butter incident are eligible to be councilors.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby Blodir » 03 Mar 2016, 10:15

Hello, before nominating anyone I think it's important to know in more detail what powers and responsibilities these positions hold.
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby speed2 » 03 Mar 2016, 11:06

speed2 is indeed a glorious choice for player councilor, the only possible issue i see with this is that he already does pretty much everything - would maybe be interesting to have someone who has potential to contribute more when given that position.

This is a very good thought

And now when I found out I'm disconnected from the community :D No one even knows me...
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Sheeo » 03 Mar 2016, 11:32

Blodir wrote:Hello, before nominating anyone I think it's important to know in more detail what powers and responsibilities these positions hold.

Basically a seat on the council gives you 1/n voting power on all matters we discuss/decide. Responsibilities are intentionally vaguely defined in the hope that councilors will help develop their own responsibilities.
Support FAF on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/faf?ty=h

Peek at our continued development on github: https://github.com/FAForever
Sheeo
Councillor - Administrative

Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 233 times
FAF User Name: Sheeo

Postby BrutalMoustache » 03 Mar 2016, 11:55

The Promotors Councilor: Kalvirox and arkitect (probably leaning more towards Kalvirox but there should be collaboration between the two) and general collaboration between Kalvirox and main casters (Gyle). I don't think a promotors councilor should be someone who just informs, but more someone who uses the outlets of information that we have effectively

The Players Councilor: Anyone who plays a lot of ladder. Not sure as to the role.

The Mod and Map Councilor: idk. Maybe Speed2.

I would mainly focus on a good promotion councilor. This will make the job of the rest of the council easier due to easier communication (hopefully). Promotion councilor should know everything which happened/is happening on faf. FAF podcast is a great idea but it is not everything (arkitect covered things that the podcast missed). So greater communication between the different Medias is key.
BrutalMoustache
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: BrutalMoustache

Postby Crotalus » 03 Mar 2016, 12:10

Promotor: tatsu (I've seen him doing a good job talking FA in Ashes of Singularity forum)
Mod & Map: speed2
Player: The winner of a best of 3 FFA with all the eligible nominees
Crotalus
Priest

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 102 times
FAF User Name: Crotalus

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions