Nominations for the new Councillors

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Nominations for the new Councilors

Postby Mad`Mozart » 02 Mar 2016, 23:21

After TA being Player Councillor for the past time, his only responsibility was managing ladder map pool rotation. At least im not knowledgable of him doing something else.

So it appears to me that Player Councillor position is completely redundant. Instead i propose to rename it to Ladder Councillor and have that person completely manage the state of ladder. How it works, map pools, how maps are being selected, all that sort of stuff.

But ofc this position will require tight ineraction with dev team where they will actually implement things into FAF that Ladder Councillor decided on. Something we are missing right now :roll:
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Gorton » 02 Mar 2016, 23:25

Resposting from an earlier thread:

Gorton wrote:Proposal: PC is a decider of various issues that players have.

The PC has a webpage for his use - it should be public, so anyone who has an account can go there and make issues e.g "Hoverbombing: Why I think it shouldn't exist" and explanation. The PC and a select team (PR team :P ) can submit issues for people as well, and also sort them.

As issues are created, they'll become visible on the page. Then anyone who visits can make their own view on it known, but in private to the PC / PR team

The PC weighs up issues and makes decisions.

He would also bring the voice of what the players want to council decisions, hopefully.

Also I apologise for this being in this thread. I think we should make a new one to discuss this.

^that last bit is irrev, ignore it
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Exotic_Retard » 02 Mar 2016, 23:28

speed2 is indeed a glorious choice for player councilor, the only possible issue i see with this is that he already does pretty much everything - would maybe be interesting to have someone who has potential to contribute more when given that position.
blodimir would fit quite nicely for this role also

i see helping people report bugs to the devs as a possible role for them, and being online all the time so you can get pmed about whatever and help answer questions - could maybe also be a mod liason that was discussed in some thread here. managing ladder maps together with map councillor, ect.

for promoters councilor i dont mind violet - but its important that the person is active - gyle doesn't really know whats going on in faf, and luxun is also mostly afk on the community front.
only thing about violet is that imo her news is too informal and unprofessional which i kinda want faf not to be seen as

the mod/map councilor(s) need to be able to know about mod and maps obviously - they should work with other councilors to promote/develop said maps/mods, and keep order in the vaults (not sure how much you can do with them atm)
might make sense to have 2 councilors, but in that case i would have a main councilor and a secondary one with the same power - this is so people have a public face to turn to, but you get competence in both spheres. (pick the more reachable of the two to be the public guy)

icedreamer knows about mods; blodimir, speed2, tokyto know about maps.

in any case the councilors need to be active and approachable, especially for the roles open atm. also would make sense if these guys work together because a bunch of things intersect with their roles (promotion of map for example)
Spoiler: show
dammit ithilis making equilibrium jokes faster than me!
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Morax » 03 Mar 2016, 00:03

Could we create a separate thread for each role to define them better before adding a "countdown?"

The promotion and map councilor positions should be fairly easy to define but the player councilor is getting to be confusing.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 03 Mar 2016, 01:26

I would say -

-Kalvirox for Promoter
-Blodir for Player
-Speed2 for Map
-Crotalus for Mod

would be my two cents. I think the biggest ones are going to be the Player and Promoter, because both of these are going to be public faces. The Player C. needs to be semi-patient and reasonable to talk to, so that newer people interacting with him (or anyone for that matter) sees the best possible face of FAF in a consistent manner. The Promoter C. needs to be steady. I tried to manage weekly updates on the front page for a while, and admittedly slipped after the fist few weeks. It isn't that it is hard, you just have to be super consistent and it is something that is easy to forget about. We need someone at least somewhat organized and who can stick with it for at least a 6 month period. No offense to Violet, but we haven't seen enough of her to determine whether or not she suffers from burn out or forgetfulness.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 03 Mar 2016, 03:13

i take my 2 cents back.
Kalvirox should be better promoter as Viola (sory Anie <3)
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby briang » 03 Mar 2016, 03:48

Unpwnable is about as nice as I am. We are both rather unelectable for PC xD (Sry violet)
Speed is rather removed from FAF community and more about E. Anyone who identifies as a clan member before a FAF member seems like an odd choice to me.
Blodir is a much better choice for map councilor than player councilor in the same way that Kal makes more sense for Promoter.
ZLO makes sense for dealing w/ the ladder system, but I don't really know about being "the face of FAF"
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 03 Mar 2016, 04:23

To me it doesn't matter whether speed2 is distant from FAF community or not... he does a lot of work with maps, and knows what makes a good one and which ones are broken. He can be a recluse all he wants, as long as he answers the occasional message from a curious person and makes sure nothing ridiculously broken is getting uploaded and played as a ranked game.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby briang » 03 Mar 2016, 04:26

I was talking about him as a nominee for Player Councilor.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby Nequilich » 03 Mar 2016, 04:28

My nominations

The Players Councilor: Softles, Blodir

The Promotors: arkitect

The Mod and Map Councilor: speed2