A naval 1v1 map - I need ladder player input!

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: A naval 1v1 map - I need ladder player input!

Postby RealityCheck » 17 Feb 2016, 11:32

I wonder what will happen if the map contains abundant energy in the form of trees and many, many spots for hydrocarbon power plants.

This will probably make air dominant on the map? Maybe this is not a bad thing, since the map is so big?
On the other hand it may also make it possible for the opponents to eco faster.

I really don't have the experience to foresee what will be the meta for this map in such a case, but it will be good if the games are shorter.
RealityCheck

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: RealityCheck

Postby biass » 18 Feb 2016, 10:04

Hey all, with some extra time on my hands i have decided to put the effort in to consider more suggestions and redo the map

Here is a screenshot of what i am doing so far to the spawns, to make them have multiple options to start builds and also room for more mexes, which are supposedly not abundant enough on the island to make units that worthwhile, ill need suggestions on how many to add

Of course, you can now move behind the bases with navy and the middle island is far smaller, currently sides remain the same

I am trying to make something unique as well as competitive, so if you would like to drop things you dislike about navy maps (roanoke, glaciers etc) i would appreciate that as well
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Mot » 18 Feb 2016, 14:51

enable comebacks? it would truely be a feat heh.
I mean if you are behind 1 island or lost a naval battle the rest of the game is set in stone most of the time.
But that might just be the nature of any good rts.
Mot

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: MayorDamage

Postby Ze Dogfather » 19 Feb 2016, 11:03

*Inserting the extra incredibly salty opinion here*

Just kidding man :P I like the map ideas you have had. I might see that people would be a bit concerned with the general layout of the map, if they think the uneven spread of it might determine some balance issues. I enjoy the look of that one in particular, in that there is a consideration for more navy but leaves lots to land, which would be a nice and even set up as a 1v1 game. I would like to see navy be a critical point if it were designed that t1 and t2 navy could hit some parts of an eco, but not be able to reach other part, and t3 might be capable of breaching further inland of that base and eco. Since land will be important for sure, you could allow it for a variety of ways for one to raid or to defend, and at least it makes this good since aeon or seraphim hover units do not make a bigger impact (e.t.c. Zthuees, auroras) with accessibility for land units of other races.

I don't have significant input into this, but I could see that if and when this is fully fleshed out, that it could be a fun map to play. I kinda imagine it like Mezmerizing paradise, but more focused into the 1v1 aspect. Keep it up! Maybe I'll come up with more useful input and thoughts later :P
A m a z e
Ze Dogfather
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 51 times
FAF User Name: Dogfather

Postby biass » 19 Feb 2016, 12:30

Quite a reshuffle

Thinking about mid island again.. and then redoing decals and then reclaim and mexes etc, you guys prefer wrecks or rocks?

[edit] my opinion is is that if i add terrain in the middle, winning a navy fight and having mid control will snowball the fight even further then if it just had none,

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Postby biass » 19 Feb 2016, 16:34

'Crashing Waves' has finally been made playable, its now sitting around in my files to be uploaded

Thanks to all those who added their voices onto the pile - im looking forward to continue refining it when it gets played

biass
Contributor

Postby prodromos » 19 Feb 2016, 22:52

I like Roanoke and glaciers, which I consider genuine fun sea maps.
I also like tag craftius maximus and white fire, though they differentiate much from
The classical naval warfare maps in that navy can be bypassed by land and air.

These maps tend to lead to long fights but then again there have been ladder land
Maps which easily lead to T4 resolution, so l fail to understand why the dislike, when
There are at the same time land maps which create the same kind of warfare(T4). Sea is good for a change, as long as
It's not only sea, and there are land maps in a balanced mix as well.
prodromos

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Kalvirox » 20 Feb 2016, 13:18

Take a Gander
Attachments
4455636-Kalvirox.fafreplay
(66.59 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

Previous

Return to General Discussions