A naval 1v1 map - I need ladder player input!

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: A naval 1v1 map - I need ladder player input!

Postby biass » 13 Feb 2016, 05:53

The problem with underwater mexes is that they look horribly bad, i'll see if i can alleviate that issue with some clever elevation modelling, otherwise i probably wont include them,

Also, im not looking to create a Roanoke/Glaciers clone, im looking to create an entirely new map with it's own gameplay, keeping that in mind, keep the suggestions coming in.

Also, to the guy saying to remove mexes to make an 'epic map' what exactly are you talking about? you mean making it a theta style spam fest? im looking to create viable gameplay at all tech levels, not only one, soz <3
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby keyser » 13 Feb 2016, 05:56

Not sure if they look bad, but certainly doesn t in craftious maximus
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby biass » 13 Feb 2016, 06:06

I think IMO, that with flat water lying around you can throw mexes anywhere, i have an idea to make them look placed deliberately, but otherwise we may have to think up better ways of using subs

screen shots later

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Postby Mad`Mozart » 13 Feb 2016, 09:29

Hm trying to make a map from 435879 people suggesting what they like... good luck with that :D
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby biass » 13 Feb 2016, 09:40

Mad`Mozart wrote:Hm trying to make a map from 435879 people suggesting what they like... good luck with that :D

Thanks pal xD

biass
Contributor

Postby Turinturambar » 13 Feb 2016, 10:21

Also, to the guy saying to remove mexes to make an 'epic map' what exactly are you talking about? you mean making it a theta style spam fest? im looking to create viable gameplay at all tech levels, not only one, soz <3

since it is a naval map early agression is not that much of a deal and if there are a of mexes 24/7 ecoong (roanoke) becomes the only viable strategy since t2 navys impact+cost

best make not too many very spread out mexes to force more agressive gemaplay.
Turinturambar

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: 竜宮レナ

Postby Mot » 13 Feb 2016, 13:16

looks like it wouldn't have the typical 4 mex 1 hydro without moving acu start +1
Mot

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: MayorDamage

Postby biass » 13 Feb 2016, 13:19

If i told you frigs are the most cost effective naval unit would you believe me?

maybe if you player sub 1300 ladder ecoing would be 24/7 but often games with navy are fought with heavy air raiding and dropping, claiming the islands will be important , adding less mexes will probably mean the same thing but slower imo

biass
Contributor

Postby biass » 13 Feb 2016, 17:02

An underwater mex, placed onto a spot that at least looks like it is meant to be there, i had ideas about making some lines of grey to make the map look like some oil rig but i think we keep it natural

The mex might also be ground fire-able, but i am not sure if people would hate that idea...

biass
Contributor

Postby Turinturambar » 13 Feb 2016, 22:33

maybe if you player sub 1300 ladder ecoing would be 24/7 but often games with navy are fought with heavy air raiding and dropping, claiming the islands will be important , adding less mexes will probably mean the same thing but slower imo

ecoing a lot is a normal thing at 2k+ on maps like roanokesine it is just too difficult to overwhem an island with early spam/air and frigattes can only raid the outer 4 mexes of each island. usuallyits 2st 4 minutesgetting the islands/dniing them with air then its eigher gg or both eco a lot and build some frigates then go t2 navy, t2 air hoovertanks etc.
Turinturambar

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: 竜宮レナ

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions