AI Co-Op TeamPlay

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: AI Co-Op TeamPlay

Postby AwarE » 12 Jan 2013, 05:51

GoW v2 TeamPlayAI
Size: 10x10
Two humans in South start positions 1&2 verse two teamed Aeon Sorian Turtle AIx in North positions 5&6. Please leave positions 3&4 vacent.
Restrictions: No nukes, sat, eye, para, LRC.
Commy should stay on or near home isle.

Deep Keep TeamPlayAI
Size: 10x10
Two to four humans in North start positions 1-4 verse two teamed Aeon Sorian Turtle AIx in South positions 7&8. Please leave positions 5&6 vacent.
Restrictions- No nukes, sat, eye, para, LRC, rapidfire & Ex cannons. Therefore there is no stationary long range weapons available and you must dig the AI out of its position using ground, navy or hover mobile units. Its a fast fun map.

roj
AwarE
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Postby AwarE » 17 Jan 2013, 12:17

BirdofPrey TeamPlayAI

Size 10 x 20

Two or Three Humans in East positions 1,2&3 verse Two or Three Aeon Sorian Turtle AIx in West positions 6,7&8. Plz leave positions 4&5 vacant.

Restrictions- No sat, eye, para, rapidfire & Ex cannons.

Enjoy
roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby AwarE » 07 Feb 2013, 03:32

Jungle v2 TeamPlayAI

Size: 10 x 20

Players: 2, 3, 4 or 6 ...details below.
2 Humans v 2AIx
3 Humans v 2AIx
2 Humans v 2 Humans
3 Humans v 3 Humans.
Two or Three Humans in positions 1,2&3 verse Two UEF Sorian Turtle AIx in positions 7&8.
Please leave positions 4,5&6 vacant.

The Nomads can now be used as your faction or as enemy. Actually any AI faction should perform well.

Map is also balanced for all Human 3v3.

This map can be played in reverse; that is the Human team can start in the west, as resources are equivalent for both sides. The FA markers are set to guide the AI in either direction.

Note that the recommended best AI faction is now UEF. This is a change brought about by the latest downgrade to shields. The Aeon shields were not the best, but were reasonable, before this change, now they seem basically useless against a Duke.

Set both the Sorian AIx multipliers between[1.0 - 1.5] depending on your skillz.
I find [1.2] on both is a good starting point.

Restrictions: There are no unit restrictions imposed by the map. If you want an easier game restrict 'Game Enders'.

Map has been tested under FAF, Nomads and Supreme Destruction.

Good Luck
roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby FriedIV » 03 Apr 2013, 17:32

is there a way to filter the maps in the vault so that only maps with AI markers can be dled? I've only played AI for years. And I am very glad to get new maps with the markers on them. Thx for all the work. I will try to find all of them.
FriedIV

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: FriedIV

Postby AwarE » 06 Apr 2013, 05:08

Search 'teamplay' in faf vault.
AwarE
Priest

Postby AwarE » 08 Apr 2013, 11:58

I have made about 200 Co-Op Human verses AI maps. If you search as above for 'teamplay' you will find 60 odd of my latest maps, there are I think one or two that will come up in that search that are not mine. You can check that it is one of mine in the map's description as I usually give the AI start positions and sign with 'FA markers by AwarE'.

I will publish a full list of all my maps here soon.
roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby Bladedge » 08 Apr 2013, 21:44

Hey guys sorry to be a nuisance, where can i download these maps?
Bladedge

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Bladedge

Postby ColonelSheppard » 08 Apr 2013, 22:49

mapvault, your answer is 3 post above lol
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby AwarE » 29 Apr 2013, 04:55

Some new maps for fast on-line TeamPlayAI.

3vs2AIx TeamPlayAI

Small 2.5 x 5 map for 3 Human verses 2 AIx Sorian Turtle.

Mt Doom TeamPlayAI

Slightly bigger 5 x 10 map for 2 Human verses 2 AIx Sorian Turtle.

Edge of Darkness TeamPlayAI

10 x 10 map for 2 Humans verses 2 AIx Sorian Turtle

have fun
roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby AwarE » 05 May 2013, 14:10

I'm sorry that EdgeOfDarknesS TeamPlayAI map was delayed a little ...the wait was worth it, I want to use it as an example of good FA marker placement with the view to creating the strongest AI possible. EdgeOfDarknesS TeamPlayAI is now in the FAF Map Vault.
If you have played any correctly setup TeamPlayAI you will realize that the AI is much stronger and smarter than AI on other maps. The only similar maps with a stronger AI are Survival maps. The main difference here is that on a TeamPlayAI map AIs build from scratch, producing resources to create every building and weapon used in the game. Whereas Survival maps create their units out of thin air without the need of resources. So in TeamPlayAI your raids and map control do effect the AI build, and the AI needs to defend its resources and base just like Humans do.
I would like to try to explain to mapmakers and TeamPlayAI players why the FA markers can only be set so that the AI performs well in one direction. It is difficult to show this without diagrams but i will do my best.
1./ When you set a marker for the AI to build a mex you need to set an Amphibious movement marker one square away from the mex, on the opposite side of the mex from the AI start position. Otherwise the AI will send an engineer to the next furthest away marker and then come back to build the mex. This of course is inefficient time wise and the engineer could be easily killed in the process. This also applies to Hydrocardon power points, Expansion points, unoccupied Start positions, Defense points, Shipyards as well as the mexs.
2./ When you set a marker for the AI to build an FA Expansion point(purple house marker) the AI will build a point defense, then a land plant above and below, then an anti air gun, then radar. At the same time you need to set a rally point(red cross) for the land plants to send units towards. The rally point should be on the opposite side of the expansion from the AI start position so that the units built are backed up by the point defense. The AI will only follow the closest rally point marker and if the map is played the wrong way around it will mean that the AI sends his units backwards behind the expansion instead of forwards. As you can imagine this makes the expansion very weak especially if the AI loses local radar.
3./ When you set a marker for the AI to build a SC Expansion point(blue house marker) you need to place these outside the FA Expansion point markers. The AI will not build on SC Expansion points until it has T2 engineers and will generally ignore, or have a low priority to build on any that are inside FA Expansion point markers. The SC Expansion points are important because this is where the AI is likely to build forward radar, TMLs and LRCs.
4./ The only movement markers that effect the AI build are Amphibious markers. Air, Land and Sea movement markers have no effect.
5./ Too many Defense points(red shield markers) will only confuse the AI, only one is needed per AI, and this is where the AI will build a major defense line at T1, then add to it at T2.

Actually too many of almost any type of markers except movement markers will cause the AI to be weak. The only other exception is Combat markers(red skull), these are used by the AI to send fighting units on patrol and also to build small defense emplacements in remote positions away from its main base. In other words if you want defense at a choke point use a Combat marker not a Defense marker.

If you place movement markers Land, Sea or Amphibious(not Air) right on top of other markers you will cause path-finding problems for AI units. This is most important in the case of FA Expansion point markers because once the AI has a lot of units they all need to get to the movement marker that would be covered by two land plants causing unit 'milling'. Set the movement markers on the Human side of these expansion points to improve AI pathing.

My latest map 'EdgeOfDarknesS' is a good example of marker placement as the resources on this map are very even to the point where it can be used for a fair all Human 2v2...even Ladder matches. For TeamPlayAI the Humans start in the North and the AI in the South. The map will work OK the wrong way around, but the AI will be weaker because markers are set South ----> North. Please try it both ways yourself and you will notice a big improvement in the AI that is given by correct marker placement and a lot of tweaking.

EdgeOfDarknesS TeamPlayAI map has been fully tested under Engy Redesign.

Hope this helps people understand the smooth running, hardworking Sorian Turtle AI better.
roj
AwarE
Priest

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions