AI Co-Op TeamPlay

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: AI Co-Op TeamPlay

Postby Adraius » 07 Aug 2012, 03:45

AwarE wrote:On another subject...

Build Restrictions

Some of my latest maps have Build Restrictions included as part of the map to improve gameplay.

LRCs, Satellites and Aeon Paragon are restricted on these maps:
Nuke the elk TeamPlayAI
Mountain colony TeamPlayAI
Crush the Castle III TeamPlay
King of the Hill TeamPlayAI

Nukes, LRCs, Satellites and Aeon Paragon are restricted on these maps:
Mountain corridor TeamPlay
Big Game Hunters TeamPlay

T3 Air, Satellites and Aeon Paragon are restricted on this map:
Piombino Citadel TeamPlay

Other maps have no restrictions:
desert arena TeamPlayAI
Hrungdaks Dryland TeamPlayAI
The Drunken Pirates Dance TeamPlayAI

roj

Thanks for the list, saved me from wondering pregame. :)
Adraius

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Adraius

Postby AwarE » 13 Aug 2012, 12:08

desert arena TeamPlayAI
Size: 5x5
TeamPlay 2 Humans in start positions 1&2 verse 2 teamed AIx Sorian Turtle AI in positions 7&8.
Map made by ozonex. I was asked to move the Hydrocarbon power closer to the bottom right start position. At the same time I added FA markers. This map can be used for all human battles as it is the same as the one being used for 1v1 ladder, except for the power plant move that makes it more balanced.
No restrictions.

Mountain Pass TeamPlayAI

Size: 10x5
TeamPlay 2 or 3 Humans in start positions 1&3 or 1,2&3 verse 2 AIx Sorian Turtle AI in start positions 4&6. You could also add a Sorian Rush AI in position 5 to give a hard start.
Map author is unknown. I edited the landform to make full use of all the map. There were already too many FA markers on this map, although the AI did not run well. It now has the full set of FA markers and runs much better. I had to delete about half the markers that were in place.
LRCs, Satellites and Aeon Paragon are restricted on this map.

King of the Hill TeamPlayAI

Size: 20x20
TeamPlay 2 Humans in positions 1&2 verse 2 teamed AIx Sorian Turtle AI in positions 6&7. Good players can add Sorian Rush AIs in positions 4&5. Can be played with three Humans in positions 1,2&3 verse four teamed Sorian AIs(2AIxTurtle + 2Rush) if all have good CPUs. Tested using all Aeon faction for AI and 1000units.
This is a modified version of Zbindens King of the Hill. I have changed the landform and added FA markers.
LRCs, Satellites and Aeon Paragon are restricted on this map.

roj
AwarE
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Appreciation

Postby Deep_Chasm » 28 Aug 2012, 08:44

Hey AwarE, I just wanted to express my very great appreciation for your maps and for these great posts. I and a friend love to play co-op when we get a chance, and we've been quite disappointed with all the great looking custom maps that turn out to be useless with the AI. After reading through this post I understood so much more about what was going on, did a search on the FAF vault for "teamplay", and downloaded everything! :)

Anyway, just wanted to express appreciation for this. If you've got links to more useful information for people like myself that would be appreciated too! :)
Deep_Chasm

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Adraius » 28 Aug 2012, 20:33

If your friend happens to be offline and you want a partner, don't forget to hit me up. ^^
Adraius

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Adraius

Postby AwarE » 31 Aug 2012, 03:45

Thanks for your post Deep_Chasm... a little feedback feels good.

I don't have enough testers to thoroughly test new maps atm. Little errors are missed unless the map is played many times before I post to FAF Vault. Most errors are found during a replay of a good 1hr battle.
The main errors I'm looking for are as follows:
1./ Mex marker that cant be built on.
2./ Hydrocarbon power marker that can't be built on.
3./ Units stall on rough ground or gets stuck in mountain canyons.
4./ AI engineer gets stuck, just after being built, attempting to move but caught on lab.
5./ Props not evenly distributed between start positions.
6./ Areas of map that behave differently than you would expect from appearance.
7./ AI does not upgrade mex to t3
8./ AI only builds one experimental each.
9./ The metal base of a mex is not on the ground or miss aligned with the target marker.
10./ Can not properly place 4 metal storage around a mex for adjacency bonus.
11./ Can not properly place 12 energy storage around a hydrocarbon power for adjacency bonus.
12./ Landform too high or abrupt causing aircraft to stall.
13./ AI does not quickly build on all available resources or is slow to reclaim props.
14./ Late game AI builds adequate anti-air and anti-nuke defense.

I normally transfer the draft map via Skype or email, and once it has been given the 'all clear' I upload to FAF Vault. If a tester thinks of a way to make the AI play stronger, he will get the map named after him.
Anyone interested in testing some maps please pm me your email address so i can send a draft map zip.
I have 5 maps pending:
'AIX survival TeamPlayAI' - 10x10 air/land/naval - no restrictions
'Pressure TeamPlayAI' - 20x10 air/land - no restrictions
'Field Phoenix TeamPlayAI' - 10x10 air/land - restrictions LRC, satellites, eye, paragon
'Battle of 300 TeamPlayAI' - 20x20 air/land/naval - no restrictions
'RandoMove2 TeamPlayAI' - 10x10 air/land/naval - no restrictions

Now that Sorian AIx is available to everyone I would like AIx to be the tested AI opposition, with the multipliers set together at say somewhere between 1.1[new], 1.3[mid] and 1.5[pro]. An AIx will generally need more room and build a better base than an AI. I have found Sorian Turtle to be the strongest and best all round AI using Aeon faction. Sorian Air AI and Sorian Adaptive AI seem clever as they transport stuff early, but they don't do as well on the water or on the land as a Turtle. Also a Turtle will have the best economy unless air is needed to get to resources... something I try to avoid.

roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby AwarE » 03 Sep 2012, 15:12

AIX survival TeamPlayAI

10x10
air/land/naval
no restrictions
I have made major changes to the landform so that the AI can use the whole map.
AI will now build on the water.
I did a re-paint to remove glare and make the map smoother on the eye.
Added FA markers.

Pressure TeamPlayAI

20x10
air/land
no restrictions
No changes to landform. No need to add paint either.
Added FA markers.

Field Phoenix TeamPlayAI

10x10
air/land
restrictions in place are ...LRC, satellites, eye, paragon
I made landform changes to the N/W and S/E corners only to allow land based access to all resources.
Added FA markers.

Battle of 300 TeamPlayAI

20x20
air/land/naval
no restrictions
I have made major changes to the landform so that the AI can use the whole map.
AI will now build on the water.
Added FA markers.

RandoMove2 TeamPlayAI

10x10
air/land/naval
no restrictions
no changes to landform I just gave it a coat of paint to hide brush sharpness.
Added FA markers.

Enjoy
roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby AwarE » 29 Sep 2012, 05:22

Hi guys,

There seems to be a need for maps that can be played against an AI that allow players to practice their individual or teamwork skillz as if it were a real game. So I have edited a few popular maps by adding FA AI markers and restricting landform changes, to only the AI base area, so that the Human start position plays exactly as it would in the real thing.

'desert arena TeamPlayAI' map is a good example as there were no landform changes and only one basic marker(hydrocarbon) was moved slightly. FA AI markers were added to give a strong AI.

Here are two similar maps that have no changes to basic markers or landform at the Human start positions. FA markers have been added to ensure a strong AI and some small changes to landform at the AI base to give the AI more build room. Also the AI base basic markers have been repositioned, none added, to improve the AI build efficiency.

'canis TeamPlayAI' Human start is in North.

'sandbox TeamPlayAI' Human start is in North/West.

'wartime2 TeamPlayAI' This map has no changes to basic markers or landform. I have only added FA markers so the AI knows how to fight. You can start anywhere although AI markers are set for North v South.

Practice makes perfect...
roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby AwarE » 30 Sep 2012, 10:10

I uploaded the wrong map... should have been 'Sand Box TeamPlayAI'... Instead I uploaded a version '3x3 Sand box TeamPlayAI' that has no landform changes at the AI base and for this reason the AI is not as strong as it can be.
The Vault won't let me upload the version with the strong AI " Map already in database" error.

I have tried changing the name but it still gives same error.
roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby Ze_PilOt » 30 Sep 2012, 10:31

I've delete the map.
You have to change the folder/filename name, or increase the version number.
Changing the name is not enough.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby AwarE » 30 Sep 2012, 11:57

Thanks Ze_Pilot.

map has now uploaded ok.

roj

PS. btw... I did do a lot more than just change the map name in the scenario.lua file. I changed the name of the main folder, as well as all sub folders. I also edited each of the sub folders so that their date stamp was changed. I added a line to scenario.lua "map_version=2,". Although 'Sand Box TeamPlayAI' was made from '3x3 Sand Box TeamPlayAI' none of the folders or files were the same name or date stamp.
AwarE
Priest

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions