AI Co-Op TeamPlay

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: AI Co-Op TeamPlay

Postby monty » 01 Jun 2012, 11:41

AwarE wrote:Have you found an instance on one of my map where the AI does not build a basic marker?
Please let me know which map and I will correct it.

i dont find any problems in your map i just thought you didnt know
monty
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby AwarE » 01 Jun 2012, 13:48

i was amazed to learn that Diablo III is 4 player Co-Op verses AI
hmmmm... maybe the FAF management will see it someday
AwarE
Priest

Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Postby AwarE » 23 Jun 2012, 11:51

Crush the Castle III TeamPlay

Original map by L.I.V.E
This map has been modified in landform and a full set of FA markers added. It was and still is unbalanced and asymmetrical in resources and amenity of start positions. I have designed the AI to start in the South West at the inner castle positions[lobby start positions 7 and 8]. Good human players should start in the North[lobby start positions 1 and 2], although Noobies may find it easier to start in the castle and put the AI in the North.
Only two Aeon sorian turtle AI are needed[not AIX], team these AI and share resources. The extra start positions need to be clear for the AI to have expansion areas available. You will destroy the AI performance if you add more than two AI or if you start the AI in the wrong position.

There is no need to use any build restrictions. The map has its own set of restrictions to improve game play, theses are:
- all long range cannons.
- Aeon paragon
- all satellites

'Crush the Castle III TeamPlay' has been tested with most mods using Aeon AIs:
- Black-Ops [hardest] - Wyvern - Normal FAF - Balance test - Xtreme Wars [easiest]

Good luck Commanders - you will need it!

Last edited by AwarE on 05 Jul 2012, 02:22, edited 1 time in total.
AwarE
Priest

Postby AwarE » 05 Jul 2012, 02:20

Original map design by System_Filter

This map has been modified in landform and a full set of FA markers added.
It was balanced and symmetrical, now it favors the AI in that start positions are better defended by landform. I have designed the AI to start in the East at the outer positions[lobby start positions 7 and 8]. Human players should start in the West [lobby start positions 1 and 2].
Only two Aeon sorian turtle AI are needed[not AIX], team these AI and share resources. The extra start positions need to be clear for the AI to have expansion areas available. You will destroy the AI performance if you add more than two AI or if you start the AI in the wrong position.

There is no need to use any build restrictions. The map has its own set of restrictions to improve game play, theses are:
- all long range cannons.
- Aeon paragon
- all satellites
- Nukes
-Anti-nukes

'Mountain corridor TeamPlay' has been tested with the following mods using Aeon AIs:
- Black-Ops [hardest] - Wyvern - Normal FAF - Balance test - Xtreme Wars [easiest]

Good luck Commanders
roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby AwarE » 19 Jul 2012, 04:59

Piombino Citadel TeamPlay

This medieval fortress was designed by Leonardo da Vinci
The mission is not for new players, it is very difficult even though the AI does not cheat.

It is a Ground/Naval War - Please restrict Air using build restriction.
The excellent AI Teamwork that has been designed into this map will not occur if Air is enabled.
Also please set AI naval expansions to '2' otherwise the AI will build too many shipyards.
Humans start in lobby position 1&2, AI start in lobby positions 7&8.

Game options should be set as given under 'TeamPlay Setup' on page 1
i repeat...
Only 2 Sorian Turtle AI are needed. (not AIX)
Set AI faction to Aeon
Prebuilt units - Off
Cheating - Off
Fog of War - Explored
Share conditions - Full Share
# of Units - 1000
Victory Conditions - Annihilation
No 2x resources

Resources are balanced although the Human resources are much harder to defend due to the position, terrain and landform.

Good Luck Commanders, you will need it... i have not been able to win here myself.
roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby AwarE » 20 Jul 2012, 03:53

Big Game Hunters TeamPlay

Original map reworked by Commlink

TeamPlay map - 2 Humans in North lobby positions 1and3 verse 2 teamed Sorian Turtle AI in the South lobby positions 5and7
I make no apology for the strength of the AI ... the Turtles will show no mercy
This map has been modified in landform and generally cleaned up to make it run faster. I have also added a full set of FA markers.
The map contains its own restrictions - Satellites, T3 and Experimental Artillery, Nukes and the Paragon.
Good Luck Commanders... this is another difficult mission.
roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby AwarE » 23 Jul 2012, 11:16

TeamPlayAI

From now on 'TeamPlay' will be called 'TeamPlayAI' to better represent that it is Co-Op battles against teamed AI.

I have recently played a few TeamPlayAI matches with some good players(1000+ rating). These guys murdered the AI before it got cranking with aggressive play. May I suggest some tips for the ultimate AI battle depending on your level of skill.

Noobies
If you intend to stay on your side of the map for the first 30mins... then you are indeed a nooby turtling simcityer and any TeamPlayAI map should suit for a big cool battle. Just remember to team the AI so they don't attack eachother and ignore you.

Medium
If you intend to attack the AI early and continue with a sustained attack... then you are probably 1000+ and will need to add more AI for your pleasure to be complete. Add AI Sorian Rush to the front line positions on the AI side of the map to protect the Sorian Turtles AIs simcitying away at the back.

Pros
If you intend to smash the stupid AI in 20mins... then you are a Pro and need to change everything to create a decent game. Use Sorian AIx Turtles at back, with Sorian Rush AI in front. Set the cheat multipliers to at least 1.4 for a tough battle.

Please try TeamPlayAI at your appropriate level... I promise you will find it is very satisfying to defeat a strong AI that matches your skillz.

roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby Adraius » 23 Jul 2012, 20:15

Great advice, now the AI will really be a force to be feared. ^^

As I'll likely be playing your maps from time to time, can I suggest possible improvements for your maps, both in order to ease the experience for the player and (possibly) increase the efectiveness of the AI? You'd of course be under no obligation to include my suggestions, but if you ever wanted to make a updated version of your maps, I'd be happy to help. ^^
Adraius

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Adraius

Postby AwarE » 24 Jul 2012, 09:11

Yes Adraius...now that most people have a fast computer we can add more AI without slowing the game.

Your advice would be welcome... I will edit any map you see problems with. Just make a list of things you want changed so we can discuss pros and cons.

Please try my map 'Docklands' and tell me what you think with regard to experimental movement across map.

roj

btw.... Adraius you were the 1st of my testers to win on the Citadel. Congratulations!
AwarE
Priest

Postby GuardPatroller » 24 Jul 2012, 22:53

Wait, so a processor that has 4 Ghz quad core and FA core optimization will still lag 11 Hard AI? 11 AIx would be damn hard but with a good video card (Nvidia Quadro 5010M) you should be able to run smoothly for at least the first 30-45 minutes.

That's the computer I want (32Gb ram) that costs $6,000-7,000.
GuardPatroller
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TechnoGuard

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions