The new map rotation for the ladder

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

Postby Gozert » 03 Feb 2016, 17:52

TheKoopa wrote:^Taking his suggestions, I think this can be a good map pool:

Tabula Rasa (corner vs corner)
Regicide (back vs back)
Loki
Open Palms
Regor VI Highlands
Eye of the Storm
Vulcans Reach
Molo's Star map thing (Veil of Stars?)
Bermuda Locket
Seraphim Glaciers
Roanoke Abyss
Crimson Feud
Williamson's Bridge
Esgaroths Ruins
Desert Arena

8 10x 10
3 20x20
4 5x5

the idea for me atleast, was kinda to bring up some new maps to throw in the ladder pool. Not put in the same old same old in there again, such as desert arena (which is ultimate shit), Bermuda Locket (same), Loki, Regor, Roanoke, Sera Glaciers. Atleast you didn't throw twin rivers in there again. :)).

On another note,
Maybe kinda adding in to what blodir said, 15 maps might already be kinda much, now i'm thinking of maps to throw in the mappool. In 2 weeks I didn't play half the maps that are in the ladder pool to begin with, and i'm a fairly active ladder player I would say. Now you could say that the map picking system is broken or something I don't know. Less maps would help atleast. That way we have less maps that get overplayed as much I suppose. Not sure about this all. ------> yes i'm quite aware of my hypocrisy considering my resistance to changing the laddermap pool system entirely. But hey, people change.

And, about crazy rush. No. just no. If you want to play derpey maps you can always host those. Ladder I think is more competitive, no place for stupid maps as this. (though i admit games can be fun on crazyrush, its just not for ladder).

Though in the end -------------------->>>>>>>>> TA decides.
Gozert

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 16 times
FAF User Name: MrMackey

Postby Blodir » 03 Feb 2016, 19:26

I recommend my new map!
http://forums.faforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=8197&p=118994#p118994

I will upload it as soon as the vault gets fixed...
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby TheKoopa » 03 Feb 2016, 21:40

Gozert wrote:
TheKoopa wrote:^Taking his suggestions, I think this can be a good map pool:

Tabula Rasa (corner vs corner)
Regicide (back vs back)
Loki
Open Palms
Regor VI Highlands
Eye of the Storm
Vulcans Reach
Molo's Star map thing (Veil of Stars?)
Bermuda Locket
Seraphim Glaciers
Roanoke Abyss
Crimson Feud
Williamson's Bridge
Esgaroths Ruins
Desert Arena

8 10x 10
3 20x20
4 5x5

the idea for me atleast, was kinda to bring up some new maps to throw in the ladder pool. Not put in the same old same old in there again, such as desert arena (which is ultimate shit), Bermuda Locket (same), Loki, Regor, Roanoke, Sera Glaciers. Atleast you didn't throw twin rivers in there again. :)).

On another note,
Maybe kinda adding in to what blodir said, 15 maps might already be kinda much, now i'm thinking of maps to throw in the mappool. In 2 weeks I didn't play half the maps that are in the ladder pool to begin with, and i'm a fairly active ladder player I would say. Now you could say that the map picking system is broken or something I don't know. Less maps would help atleast. That way we have less maps that get overplayed as much I suppose. Not sure about this all. ------> yes i'm quite aware of my hypocrisy considering my resistance to changing the laddermap pool system entirely. But hey, people change.

And, about crazy rush. No. just no. If you want to play derpey maps you can always host those. Ladder I think is more competitive, no place for stupid maps as this. (though i admit games can be fun on crazyrush, its just not for ladder).

Though in the end -------------------->>>>>>>>> TA decides.

In my opinion the map pool should be refined maps, not just shit tossed haphazardly in. Bermuda is a great map where a lot of strategies can work and requires the use of all 3 units types.

Roanoke and Sera glaciers are there because imo there are no other good navy 20x20 maps. Loki and Regor though, yes overplayed. Not too sure about desert arena.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 03 Feb 2016, 23:26

I love monarki! :mrgreen:
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 224 times