The new map rotation for the ladder

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

Postby biass » 02 Feb 2016, 08:51

I am still not convinced with monaki, (sorry speed) the walls are a pain in the ass and trying to drop engys on the side parts is very inconsistent,

i also wishes the water in the 'ponds' moved but that is not as bad

For other maps, i would like some navy maps that wont result in hover spam, as difficult as that sounds..
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Apofenas » 02 Feb 2016, 10:09

If only Monaki wasn't be a red map...
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Sir Prize » 02 Feb 2016, 10:38

Save Palms (best 1v1 map in the game, so many ways to win) and Syrtis (both classics as well). I'd prefer no Finns, it's got a pretty cheesy meta and imba for hoverspam, but it's also a classic so I won't cry about it.

Blodir wrote:New maps might appeal to people who have played 500+ ladder games, but for everyone else 15 maps is already an overwhelmingly big amount to learn
This too, and if you can play closer to 5 games a week instead of 50 games a week and you know you're going to have to learn a new map in ranked play if you search, you don't search, even with 500+ games. Or I currently don't in that situation anyway.

Need a change in map pool format to keep both people like me and people who get bored with maps happy imo. Plenty have been suggested. Unless you want ladder to be as scientific and competitive as possible, in which case it should be a smaller pool that doesn't change for months, which will make a lot of players salty.
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Sir-Prize

Postby speed2 » 02 Feb 2016, 11:54

Apofenas wrote:If only Monaki wasn't be a red map...

Then people would cry it's some different color

Sir Prize wrote:Save Palms (best 1v1 map in the game, so many ways to win) and Syrtis (both classics as well). I'd prefer no Finns, it's got a pretty cheesy meta and imba for hoverspam, but it's also a classic so I won't cry about it.

Blodir wrote:New maps might appeal to people who have played 500+ ladder games, but for everyone else 15 maps is already an overwhelmingly big amount to learn
This too, and if you can play closer to 5 games a week instead of 50 games a week and you know you're going to have to learn a new map in ranked play if you search, you don't search, even with 500+ games. Or I currently don't in that situation anyway.

Need a change in map pool format to keep both people like me and people who get bored with maps happy imo. Plenty have been suggested. Unless you want ladder to be as scientific and competitive as possible, in which case it should be a smaller pool that doesn't change for months, which will make a lot of players salty.

Dont learn how to play one map but how to play the game.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby nine2 » 02 Feb 2016, 12:45

I been doing that for 3 years now. Pretty hard. And going up against people who do learn strong openings for maps.

Not disagreeing with you, just saying it's tricky tricky
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Sir Prize » 02 Feb 2016, 13:26

You've played more games on a bunch of individual maps than you've ever played ladder games in total - how would you say you learned to play the game?

Not that if you do take over the ladder pool you won't do a good job, at least you know that witty one-liners are the best way to explain things, show you've actually thought about other people's situations/preferences and change people's minds so they agree with you.
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Postby Blodir » 02 Feb 2016, 13:34

speed2 wrote:Dont learn how to play one map but how to play the game.

This is seriously one of the worst and most frustrating arguments I've ever heard

"Let's make ladder easier and less stressful for everyone!"
- "Just learn to play noob"
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby speed2 » 02 Feb 2016, 13:37

B1A553Dforums wrote:I am still not convinced with monaki, (sorry speed) the walls are a pain in the ass and trying to drop engys on the side parts is very inconsistent,

i also wishes the water in the 'ponds' moved but that is not as bad

There is no need to drop anything, engies can reach it no problem.

Blodir wrote:

This is seriously one of the worst and most frustrating arguments I've ever heard

Maybe you need to realize that someone who plays 5 games per week is always gonna be worse than someone who plays 50 games per week, no matter how many maps there are in ladder pool
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Blodir » 02 Feb 2016, 13:46

speed2 wrote:
Blodir wrote:

Maybe you need to realize that someone who plays 5 games per week is always gonna be worse than someone who plays 50 games per week, no matter how many maps there are in ladder pool

Let's get rid of rating while we are at it, game count will do

Obv difference is not noticable on someone with 2000 games vs 50 games, but it will be noticable between 200 vs 300 games
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby Sir Prize » 02 Feb 2016, 15:02

Speed, are you going to think about other people's opinions at all, beyond defending your fairly unpopular map? Hope I misunderstood that post that made it look like you'll start doing the map pool, or that you can be bothered to think about it properly at some point. You know more about this game than me so it's not hard to change my mind if you can be bothered giving reasons, but seriously, you think despite my 1400-1500 rating I'm worse than 1000-rated players who play every day and have thousands of games? Or better than any of the inactives in the top 50?
Sir Prize
Evaluator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions