Page 4 of 55

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 00:51
by Blackheart
Its not like i play ladder often, but since i highly dislike the pool i will certainly not play it. Its just the same overplayed, boring maps, only standard 10x10 land boringness. Opt in of old system is necessary imo, or actually putting a well balanced pool.

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 00:56
by SeraphimLeftNut
Blackheart wrote:Its not like i play ladder often, but since i highly dislike the pool i will certainly not play it. Its just the same overplayed, boring maps, only standard 10x10 land boringness. Opt in of old system is necessary imo, or actually putting a well balanced pool.


Please post the list of maps that would make BH happy.

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 01:00
by Blackheart
My map selection in the old pool was the pool picture here: /viewtopic.php?p=102951#p102951

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 01:20
by benikens
Just my 2 cents, super happy this is finally happening. Love the pool would like to note that I and a few of my friends who play ladder all favor 5v5 maps. When I'm playing ladder I want short fast pace games. I certainly don't want 1v1 setons which takes an hour. I would like to see crimson feud on the list or in contention for rotation. Roanoke seems a bit to slow for my liking.

Sidenote to the haters of the small pool size, this makes it so you can actually have a competitive scene. If people can't reasonably expect to learn the meta of the ladder then you can't compete. What makes a game grow is the ability for the people on the low end to see a match and think yeah I can do that. Lowing your bar to entry makes you more accessible. If you want slow big games host big team matches like most people do. In my opinion 1v1 is meant to be action packed high intensity gaming.

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 01:22
by Petricpwnz
Blackheart wrote:My map selection in the old pool was the pool picture here: /viewtopic.php?p=102951#p102951


Don't listen to this balvery cancer cult member, his mind is posessed with a "cancer" daemon.

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 01:23
by SeraphimLeftNut
benikens wrote:Just my 2 cents, super happy this is finally happening. Love the pool would like to note that I and a few of my friends who play ladder all favor 5v5 maps. When I'm playing ladder I want short fast pace games. I certainly don't want 1v1 setons which takes an hour. I would like to see crimson feud on the list or in contention for rotation. Roanoke seems a bit to slow for my liking.

Sidenote to the haters of the small pool size, this makes it so you can actually have a competitive scene. If people can't reasonably expect to learn the meta of the ladder then you can't compete. What makes a game grow is the ability for the people on the low end to see a match and think yeah I can do that. Lowing your bar to entry makes you more accessible. If you want slow big games host big team matches like most people do. In my opinion 1v1 is meant to be action packed high intensity gaming.


Crimson Feud is likely to be rotated in soon.

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 01:24
by SeraphimLeftNut
Petricpwnz wrote:
Blackheart wrote:My map selection in the old pool was the pool picture here: /viewtopic.php?p=102951#p102951


Don't listen to this balvery cancer cult member, his mind is posessed with a "cancer" daemon.

Only demon's know happiness

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 01:35
by Anihilnine
its good

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 01:44
by Mad`Mozart
My thoughts:

Im strongly against the opt-out in any way. Especially with the small map pool like now it becomes unfair very fast. We dont have that many players in FAF in general and its common for people to play same 2-5 players all the time in their rating area. So if some of those players could opt-out of 20km maps entirely (as suggested before), i could easily end up not seeing them at all for a long time and play very rarely while still having to play play their preferred 5km maps. See where im going?
Seriously, the map pool is already small enough. You cant satisfy everyone so just deal with it. You will still have a good share of your preferred maps too and map picked wont be biased anymore only towards intersection or people who knew how to abuse it.

As for the more often rotated maps (total of 5 i believe?), there is 1 thing i really wanna see there. Instead of all the same sort of a classic 1v1 maps, always keep 1 that is/was uncommon or unpopular for ladder. I have a comprehensive list of mostly teamgame maps that are actually not bad in 1v1 at all as well and are fun to play and can constantly supply and play-test more if needed :) This will keep ladder fresh and less stagnant even for hardcore veterans.


PS Blodir f*** you nuts man!!! jeeeeez, really, even less maps?!?!? :D :D :D :D sorry i couldnt keep it to myself :D

Re: The new map rotation for the ladder

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 01:48
by Mad`Mozart
Also almost forgot, i suggest Better Isis map in a pool :)