"noob" all over the place

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

"noob" all over the place

Postby Downlord » 03 Jul 2015, 18:23

I'm really pissed off by the attitude of many people here. You join "1k+" games and dare you not playing perfect!! "NOOB NOOB NOOB" is all you hear - from players 500+ ranks above you.

Seriously? Is this the community spirit we want here? Wtf guys. Grow up.
Last edited by Downlord on 03 Jul 2015, 19:33, edited 2 times in total.
Working on FAF is my passion. Most of you know me for the feature-rich Downlord's FAF Client, but I also program and maintain the FAF server. Visit my Patreon page to get some insights on my work.
Downlord
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 213 times
FAF User Name: Downlord

Re: "noob" all over the place

Postby pza » 03 Jul 2015, 18:50

noob! :lol:

no, actually i didn't mean to make a serious issue to be laughed at. i'm happy i didn't experience it yet. although, i'm taking out pissed people (every game) that whine because "their whole team didnt do anything". that's usually non-ranking based.
pza

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: pza

Postby Ionic » 03 Jul 2015, 19:25

You can take it as a it hurt my pride or an opportunity to learn more of the fine details of the game.

PM me if you want me to do a few team game training sessions on mumble.

Really should watch 1800+ players on the map you like the most.
Ionic

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Ionic

Postby Kalvirox » 03 Jul 2015, 20:33

You don't have this problem in 1v1 ;).
Ok that is not helpful, I just want more people to play ladder :(

You get this spirit in most games communities. It's becoming commonplace these days.
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

Postby SC-Account » 04 Jul 2015, 00:27

Downlord wrote:I'm really pissed off by the attitude of many people here. You join "1k+" games and dare you not playing perfect!! "NOOB NOOB NOOB" is all you hear - from players 500+ ranks above you.

Seriously? Is this the community spirit we want here? Wtf guys. Grow up.

Yes, it is a big problem. galacticfear always greets me with "noob", IMO people should get banned for it.
SC-Account
Evaluator

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 77 times
FAF User Name: Tnuoccacs

Postby Downlord » 04 Jul 2015, 01:22

The only "noobs" out there are "newbies". But calling someone a "noob" because he's playing "bad" (or just not as good as you because, surprise surprise, he's a lower rating) is meant to insult and should also be treat as such (omg was that english?) - reported and warned.

People always need someone to blame in every game. They can't lose. And when they lose, they insult someone. I see this over and over again, sometimes it hits me, sometimes it hits others. But I'm really having enough of it.

I sincerely wish to see a more friendly attitude in the community. If you lose, so what? It's a freaking game! It's meant to be fun, it doesn't make your life any worse! Sure one doesn't like losing. But one can achieve much more chatting up that "noob" and tell him what went wrong and how to improve. He will be thankful, you'll feel good. Next game with him will be better; WIN-WIN. Or you can insult him because he's a stupid idiot that doesn't commit his life to FAF, he'll be pissed off, you'll be pissed off; LOSE-LOSE.

Think about it (probably the people concerned don't read this anyway...)
Last edited by Downlord on 04 Jul 2015, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Working on FAF is my passion. Most of you know me for the feature-rich Downlord's FAF Client, but I also program and maintain the FAF server. Visit my Patreon page to get some insights on my work.
Downlord
Councillor - DevOps

Postby Downlord » 04 Jul 2015, 01:28

briang wrote:If you are playing like a noob you should probably expect to be called a noob

It's pretty pointless to insult someone with a specific rating that just plays like someone at that rating.

It's like insulting children for being childish.
Downlord
Councillor - DevOps

Postby SC-Account » 04 Jul 2015, 06:52

Downlord no one argues one should not treat new players respectfully or disrespect them only cause they aren't good at something (yet). Such behaviour is idiotic, no doubt. However, the word "noob" is most often used against people that aren't actually newbies, or noobs in that sense. 2k+ rated call each others noobs all the time, too and it usually is not understood as a grave insult.

Then again there are also newbies that aren't totally innocent when they get called a noob.. there are also the kind of people that play their first online game, watched 3 replays and mb played some other RTS 3 years ago and then tell everyone what his job is. I played Seton's games where I was on air spot and had a beach player with very few games played and very low rating (and non existent skill) that did not make any T1 air. Then his opponent bombed and dropped him and he blamed me for not making T1 air for him and do my job. This is what I call a noob in the true sense of the words meaning.. real noobs are out there too.

And then there are arrogant assholes that pick on people that are inexperienced, younger or in any other position of "inferiority", yes those also exist.

Downlord wrote:
briang wrote:If you are playing like a noob you should probably expect to be called a noob

It's pretty pointless to insult someone with a specific rating that just plays like someone at that rating.

It's like insulting children for being childish.

Yes, obviously it is, but why you think such an act deserves your attention?
SC-Account
Evaluator

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 77 times
FAF User Name: Tnuoccacs

Postby Blodir » 04 Jul 2015, 08:09

briang wrote:Well I don't generally call people who fail and I expected to fail noobs... but if someone has some massive rating advantage and gets whiped in 5 minutes they can expect some shit...

Why? What is the point? You are just frustrating everyone more with talking about it. You can be certain the guy knows he lost and probably feels worse about it than you do
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby speed2 » 04 Jul 2015, 09:36

Everytime someone is complaining about my performance I go Maverick style and write: "Noob team, I played epic" and ignore the rest whining. Works 10/10.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Next

Return to General Discussions