Build 56 changelog

Balance discussions for The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Re: Build 56 changelog

Postby Brute51 » 12 Jan 2015, 21:19

T1 arty: I guess people have mixed feelings about this unit! IMO that mechanic makes in unviable as a unit in the more competitive games.

T3 arty: Thanks but no thanks. I think the arty is good as it is right now and I really don't want to upset the balance right now. The need for additional balancing makes the mod "less finished" and I want it "more finished".
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 12 Jan 2015, 23:20

T3 Arty : It is only grafical side of think, (i was writing it on massage but you forgot to answer on this part)
Already T3 arty is firing from space ship that is somewhere on space, but it is visible on maximum zoom out. What i see as illogical and "kind of ugly" is that space canon is all time on one place, and that mean it dont fire directly down, but on some angle. What is illogical, because when it is in space, then its suppose to fire directly on ground. How we -you (:D) can make it looks like the canon is firing from space, its give fast(60-80- as T3 arty muzzle velocity) speed of "space" canon who will move above target and let him "rain" canon shell directly on ground. On my opinion it would look much more interesting, as when its firing from angle as its now.

Maybe a litle better is it, it can be when cannon would be invisible, and would it see more as shell are firing from space, because "space cannon" look much more as flying in sky instead of space.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Brute51 » 13 Jan 2015, 09:10

That actually isn't a bad idea (moving the gun over the target) although that way you can't tell where the artillery is positioned. My initial thought is that this makes it a Novax-like unit. I'll think about the mechanics of this idea.
Moving space stuff out of visual range is something I'm not sure of is a good idea. Pip and me have been talking about this every now and then for a while now.
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 13 Jan 2015, 13:47

ok its on you, i jest imagine that how can look when space ship is firing from giant canon from space to planet, and whiteout maximum zoom out of space view, i see only shot that are falling right down on ground.

What problem it can make, is that from normal artilery -artilery shell make some muzzle velocity and it is some time that shot must fly from place A to place B. when it would fall dirrectly from sky, then rate of fire must calculate with distance betwen object A and place where is artielry building B. How further object is -> bigger reload time. but it need again some kind of ballance what make game less finish.

I simly see space canon angle as vierd function, and this is only one of sugg that can make it maybe better.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Previous

Return to Nomads Balance