Build 48 Balance Changelog

Balance discussions for The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Re: Build 48 Balance Changelog

Postby pip » 14 Jun 2014, 23:29

Ah yes, that's true, the icon should be same as Destroyer / Battlecruiser, good remark.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 25 Jun 2014, 18:49

At this moment i end, long LAND testing, down is replay.

We try T2 land against cybran hopliting strategy.

Reasult is that i play it in noob strategy who dont adapt, so i build 2brute+1mml+1emp. and was slithly behing against hoplite + stealth, but notging extrem.. when i invest all mas to only mml and EMP, I raped him.

Then we try T3 land,
At first against cybran
My oponent chose invest money to cybran stun+regen sacu, and only litle to brick and arty, but in final that stun sacu with regen total kik me ass, and i cant deal with it. he stun everything, and i was loughing on situation that nomad had so big problem with stun :D, cybran stun had aoe (probably) and all my army was w8 for artilery shot, with lack of hp on my units was not problem to die for them:) maybe when i invest more money for my EMP tank it will be better, but play as noob and die as noob.
I try use my sacus against, but it was ussles, becase was non stop in stun. one sacu stun my sacu for neverending time.

as ssecond against UEF.
I was scout that he use sacu against, so i make many EMP tanks and nova, for adopting previous situation, but when unit had shield cant be stunded. I dont know if it is bug or it issue, but was suprise from that situation :D with AOE sacu dmg he kill novas, and go back.. when i build more EMP it start be better, but probably because he dont use artilery as he can.
My rambo sacu dont deal with it as him rambo. But i dont play it for long time and my micro was terible. I need try it again and more, but i think that nomad had problem with T3 tank units.

field enginer: make him as military unit, not as enginer. ok he dont had any gun but it is T2 scout and reclaimer, same as scout is military unit, or sparky. I realy like to use him as T2 radar and reclaim after battle, or as prevent my army to dont be TMLed, and must click it for more time, becase it is enginer and not military. When somone want to use him simly as enginer then is easy to anchor him, he would not be puted when go in fight with army.

field enginer 2: radar, he has only 50radar, T1 scout had 45(but cost 8mass), T1 air scout had 65(cost 40mas), and T1 building radar had 115(80mas), sparky had 45 (but sparky had gun and jamming, what is better choice for that money,) i thing scarab woudl had biger radar/sonar range
radar/sonar range 50->65 same as T1 spy plane what cost 40 mass.
this will make him more usefull in battle and better comparable with sparky, what is now better choice for same mass. As sparky had jaming, then nomad can had better radar. Sparky had more hp and gun, scarab had TMD. jaming is more powerfull as radar, and tmd is more powerfull as gun so in finall that would be pretty well comparable units.

simplest sacu: best choice for price ratio to performance is only sceleton sacu 700mass + 1 simply gun 500mass , this is best choice what you can get for your money, advanceg gun is less efective as simply gun for that price. (Especialy when you build sacu as tank unit, what is supost to be shield of army and not sword) And this choice is not in sacu factory option what is mistake. + when i build it manualy it is not military unit, what is wrong and very annoying.

I must test it more, this was first T3 land testing, and this post write more for myself, for dont forget. + thing in up bar are very likely to change
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby pip » 25 Jun 2014, 22:24

Thanks for the replay and testing, though it was not balanced. You had same resources, but Apofenas had much more engineers / hives than you, so always had bigger army or more units sooner.And at t3, you need more than one t3 pgen, otherwise, you cannot have a normal army.

1) You don't counter Cybran Rambo SCU (5800 mass) with Nomad 900 mass SCU. If you want to be immune to EMP, you need to get power armor on Nomad SCU = Rambo Nomad. Then your 40 k hp SCU will be able to kill the Cybran SCU without any problem, because it will ignore EMP. ( Beamer Experimental is also immune to EMP by the way.)

Also, against shielded units, like Harbingers or UEF SCU, you need a lot of EMP tanks. Nomads EMP tanks deal lot of damages to shields for a cheap price. It's better to invest in Rambo Nomad SCU, Beamer mini experimental and EMP tanks than in t3 tanks to counter UEF Rambo SCU.

2) If you don't ever use Capacitor with Nomads SCU, they will lose all the time. Capacitor almost double DPS and double rate of repair/regen. If you retreat your Rambo SCU for 15 seconds, rapid repairs will start, then if you use capacitor and it will regen a lot of HP in 15 seconds (around 3500). After that, it can go back to fight, and each time it kills 4 t3 units, it will gain a veterancy rank (4000 hp, that's a lot, and more regen). But you have to micro them like Apofenas, if you let them immobile, they will die. He never let his SCU immobile, that is why they lasted longer.
Also, Nomads Rambo SCU have a secondary weapon that is close range (machine gun), so if you want to deal their max damage, you need to get closer, and use capacitor.

3) The current best price / effectiveness SCU is the combat preset. I will add another cheap preset (what you call simplest SCU) if you want, though it has poor range, so it will only work well against Aeon and Sera, not really well against percivals (good HP though, to protect t3 tanks).

4) We can change Field engineer to army category if it's more convenient. The Scarab has radar boost ability, so when you activate it, it gets +50% radar coverage = 75.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 26 Jun 2014, 00:26

I play it really bad, i know.. :D one mount and something dont play so it was crapy noobstyle on my side, i know.. :)

but one T3 pgen was for make same eco, maybe we can have slightli more, but i had more problem with mass like with energy. And yes he had many time more enginer, but when you see he had biger mass problem so in final it was same. problem was that i execute much more units on stupid fight what i cant win, so in final he had more units. Enginers was not reason, because mount of mass was same.

That rambo sacu is imune to EMP is new for me, i try use capaitator, but most of time i was in stun, and he had well micro and i nearly dont micro.

For hat nomads primary need sacu is HP, so thats a reason why i think best choice is cheapest one, for use them as tank position, and most of dmg deal with novas, what are pretty strong, and for now perfect. Im not sure now, because dont try it now, but imho it is good options against UEF and cybran too, because what nomads need is time, for novas what had hight dmg from range, so when sacu for price of percis give similar efect as percis, then i can deal them with my novas in back. but how i say it need be more time try, for see how well balanced it is.

that radar abiliti is new for me. I know that nomads had radar boost, but never cant use it, when i click on radar it simply doenst work. But problem is that i in all situation simply dont care :D so when it work as you say, then it is not problem and dont must be changet radar range and is preaty well for now. recategories him to army, is in must to be :) it is realy anoyng and i dont see any reason for dont it be as army.
__

radar boost on normal radar work same? +50% of range so nomad radar can had 100+50 range ?
How i can boost them? when i had on left top window boost posibility and click on it and on radar nothing hapends. I never had big atention, but how can i boost my radar? Thx for answer.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby pip » 26 Jun 2014, 08:47

There are 2 ways to use radar boost. The normal way is to select a radar unit, click the eye icon in the unit ability panel (bottom left). It will charge up for a few seconds (requires more energy), then give you 50% more range for 15 seconds.

Second way to use radar boost is to select several radars, then click eye icon on left side (top/middle) and then in a green area of the map where the radars have range (you can see preview of their extended radar range). This way is not finished yet.
pip
Supreme Commander

Previous

Return to Nomads Balance