BUG list

Balance discussions for The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Re: BUG list

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 15 May 2014, 18:21

on previous talk for note
__

-capacitator, when it is a function and not bug, then dont allow put in off if it is not fully exhaust (people would be think that it is broken)
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Brute51 » 15 May 2014, 21:28

One of the biggest problems with the aura idea is that it doesn't fit Nomads design. The only way that I can see that explains such (advanced) technology is by introducing a mobile power armor emitter (or similar). That is quite a stretch especially when Nomads are supposed to be technologically limited, and it doesn't explain why there's no such technology on more advanced units (ACU, SCU, experimentals).

Ithilis I know that you've fallen in love with the idea but do you agree that there is (probably) a way to fix the problem in an easier way? Lets at least explore "easier" sollutions first...
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 15 May 2014, 21:47

let me alone.. i need time to recover :oops:
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 16 May 2014, 00:30

Ok.. I would be ok.. hope so, she was sooo beautiful !
_
Then we need new tanky T3 units, heavy armor, slow move, small range, high rof. something on price like titan/loayalist but with less movement, dps, but with more HP.

___
power armor emitter sound nice, they had power armor on ACU what is a freeky advande technology i think :) better as shields on acu, when not as aura on existing unit then new one only as suport unit like is shield but with this hp bonus field. For me that sound as nomad style, had so weak unit that are investing time to inventing something what bring unit better armor, and that is power armor emitter. When compare with shield then mobile buble shield is better because you dont hit any dmg when shield is on. but this bring armor bonus to unit but that doesnt mean unit would not be damaget, it dont take any regen to around units like shield do (for yourself) and when get be damaged and go out from range of emiter would had same % of damage like before with him.

that would had relative big energy upkeep, idk -150/250 .
I know that this answer is affected by my love on bringing T2 untis on T3 position, but look on it out of box.
It is not to strong, T2 units are far behind on T3, but nomads T2 units are imho one of most powerfull, so when we are loking on it as on lore then it is a good motivation for nomads make something that make they best better. They technology is so limited that must use T2 units and in big number for counter others T3, because they technology are on this level uncomporable with others... :geek: and power armor is used on ACU and SACu. T2 unit would had with it only 2100 hp and 70dps its not so strong with comparing others T3, loayalist cost 2x more as brute but had 3100 hp and 160 dps, and dont need other support unit.
____

Ok other solutions :)

whats are you thinking about, how to fix it?

Only NOVAs with low HP and lower speed (what we must to do) would be raped in normal fight, they can not had main T3 units who will not had HP with any meal shield before.
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 16 May 2014, 19:23

but then is not easys explanation why it affect T2 units better as T3 who can not affect so mutch, because other fraction with it would be too strong...
probably too complicate.

new tank unit would be probably better solution :/
___

I try Sacus, in artificient test, and found one new bug, that they dont explode, or they explode but leave wreck, what other fraction dont leave wreck. So then it is many and many mass for enemy.

I try rocket against PDs and they work well against structure, but not against pd under shield. T3 hoplite is nice idea, but this mechanism on T3 doesnt work as well as on T2. Because on T2 hoplite is used against weak T1 army, had nice range and splash dmg, but SACu is last gen unit, is used mostly or only against many HP T3 units, where that splash is not enought to hit moving army and do significant dmg. I would like to see it in game, but it need some buff. Against building is as good as is T3 mobile artilery for same price had 230dps and one time biger range, against PDs and base it muth better, against moving army is similar ussles like rocket sacus. Maybe litle more.. => making T3 artilery is more effective as making more expensive sacus
What would help would be make aiming better = better muzzle velocity, it is big range and time when rocket fly would be shorter, that would help using against moving army. And against PD would help when it would had very litle bit biger range that would attack on T2PD and dont be under attack = 50->55range.

2700 mass and neednes had 3000 mass cost building is not nothing, that unit can be strong. Or better say is predictable to be strong.
primar canon wepon bug, i had no idea how are things code, but doesnt help when simply change rocket launcher as primar wepon instead of gun ?
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby pip » 17 May 2014, 13:45

Nomads SCU leave a wreck with max 30% mass value in it. If your SCU cost 2000 mass, the max mass you can get from the wreck is 600, if the wreck is a bit damaged by explosions, it will be less than 600, which is less than the mass left after a Nova.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 27 May 2014, 18:46

some news guys?

i would like to try that new novas with another T3 tank, with love :)
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby pip » 28 May 2014, 10:21

There will be a new version soon, this week end probably, with new Nova (= t3 aurora) but no new t3 tank. Instead, SACU and SACU factory will be cheaper. Combat SACU will serve as advanced t3 units.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Brute51 » 29 May 2014, 21:57

New version due very soon. Content is ready, the file has been created, just need to update FAF (working on that now).
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 30 May 2014, 03:36

pls put me chanelog.

I was very fast try it, for now definitly dont had time and hope that dont found time for it:). But from this 10 minute of testing first feeling...

Guys it is OP, this idea would probably dont work, and that sacu voice, its teribleee "hmmm ghrmmm" "approved" (ok mabye) "ghmmm hmmm" "ehmmm ghmmm" all time, that sound maximum stupid lever 7000. dont take it personal, thats my feeling from it.

Sacu on mass to mass push percis/brick to hell. For 500+400 mass he kill percis. and can asist/reclaim/etc (this one what is best option is not in automatick option)

RAS kamikadze idea is nice, but them it is kamikadze not ras. Dont know how many dmg it do on how big range, but when it would hit ally unit then it would be master ussles, or worse.

Novas new fire efects are perfect!!!

SACus are ignoring you try take them to group with others unit. It is in same group as enginer.

And this idea of sacuing is probably wrong, we was trying balance something but this bring much bigger problem for balance. And dont solve it nearly nothing :/. Sacu is a diferent unit as tanks are, it will not work together. Sacus would be too strong, or too expensive, or too cheap with many funcsion what would be complete diferent as other fractions. I know you want it diferent, but this is probably bad way how to do it.

When you build only sacus, you rape your oponent. you dont need nothing else. 900 mass for stronger units as is percival + you can reclaim + you can build others upgrade before/after fight and then start build PDs/Base what cost nearly nothing. As when you build 10 sacus what is 9000 mass = 500x10 +9x400(gun)+1x400(engynering) then you build PDs in insaine speed and still can fight better as percies. why then build T3 land? that units would had 120 000HP and non stop build shield and PD around, mutch better as EXP
this rape land balance.

And most player would not use it and lose hard whitotu sacu, and when discover it then would not build other land units becase sacu do everything what somone need to had. It had range, buiild rate, anti-navy, HP and low mass cost. same as other T3 but with 12KHP and similar dmg

ok this was very rought coment, im very tired now for more soft version, and probably nearest 2 weeks would not had time for more testing it (hard exams) so is good that you work on it, but on my opinion it is not best way.

(look on how eaysist would be make T3 tank from titan/loalalist category, but not for raiding but for tanking. 480mass cost speed 2,5-3, range 20, dps 75, hight ROF (kind of gatling), HP 5400) And dont need complet rebalance 8-10 units what SACU is
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Nomads Balance