Small imbalances

Balance discussions for The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Re: Small imbalances

Postby Dragonfire » 16 Feb 2014, 14:12

pip wrote:There is a problem with the t3 static artillery.

Also groundfire are not working and the destruction of the orbital thing:
https://bitbucket.org/Brute51/nomads/is ... -arty-bugs
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby Apofenas » 17 Feb 2014, 13:19

The T2 mml may have problems with counters. I found out that it's not hover unit, it moves under water and can fire from there. So such things can bombard your base being even in range of T2 PDs. Possible counters to that if you don't have/lost navy? The T2 torpedo bombers seems to be the most efficient one. But seraphim and aeon ones have problems with shoting torps near coasts. Though you need T2 air factory to do that.
The T2 arty isn't that efficient counter to mmls in general, in deep waters arty may become useless(especially aeon one).
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Dragonfire » 17 Feb 2014, 13:26

Apofenas wrote:The T2 mml may have problems with counters. I found out that it's not hover unit, it moves under water and can fire from there. So such things can bombard your base being even in range of T2 PDs. Possible counters to that if you don't have/lost navy? The T2 torpedo bombers seems to be the most efficient one. But seraphim and aeon ones have problems with shoting torps near coasts. Though you need T2 air factory to do that.
The T2 arty isn't that efficient counter to mmls in general, in deep waters arty may become useless(especially aeon one).

Maybe the t2mml hover underwater, like Harms?
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby Apofenas » 17 Feb 2014, 13:49

Dragonfire wrote:Maybe the t2mml hover underwater, like Harms?

That doesn't change a fact of it being underwater.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Postby Deering » 17 Feb 2014, 15:29

If its just under the surface it can be ground fired. If its on the sea floor then it can't. There's a pretty big difference
Deering
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Deering

Postby pip » 17 Feb 2014, 17:30

Torpedo bombers kill the Nomad MML underwater in one shot. ACU with t2 suits can reclaim them easily if they are near the shore or in ponds, and engineers can build torpedo launchers and TMD to kill them in ponds, or even reclaim them. If they are in open sea, they are very easily killed by subs / torpedo bombers / Destroyers.

And of course, several TMD + shields will counter the missiles of the MML until you can have a handful of torpedo bombers. Only on some maps like Canis River Nomads MML are hard to counter, but if you know that they will be built, it's possible to prepare for them by not building near the river, and protecting the part of the base that is near the river / denying access to that part of the river.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Apofenas » 18 Feb 2014, 13:59

Nomad T3 carpet bomber is able to destroy T2 mass extractor per pass. That is unfair since it costs 1600 mass and has the biggest AOE.
Apofenas
Contributor

Postby pip » 18 Feb 2014, 20:03

Apofenas wrote:Nomad T3 carpet bomber is able to destroy T2 mass extractor per pass. That is unfair since it costs 1600 mass and has the biggest AOE.

All t3 bombers can kill t2 mexes in one pass except Cybran and Nomads. That is because of their big AOE. The Nomads T3 bomber also has 3200 HP (Cybran 3700, UEF 4000). It's the easiest to counter (can be countered by flaks and die to SAM much sooner). As for damages, it deals only 2000 damages when Cybran deals 2750 damages and Aeon deals 3450. All these weaknesses are the reasons why it is cheaper. It's like pillar : it is cheaper than Ilshavoh or Obsidian, because it is less powerful and has less hp.

Also the Nomads t3 bomber deals a part of its damages (800 damages out of 2000) over time. This means that if you move units away, they will suffer less than 2000 damages, and also that shields are more efficient to protect against it because frontloaded damage is only 1200 (frontloaded damages of Aeon = 3450, do you see the huge difference?). Most of the time, what I read in multiplayer games is that the Nomads t3 bomber is crap. And that's why it's cheaper. If it was not cheaper, it would be total crap for sure.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Apofenas » 19 Feb 2014, 00:53

pip wrote:All t3 bombers can kill t2 mexes in one pass except Cybran and Nomads. That is because of their big AOE. The Nomads T3 bomber also has 3200 HP (Cybran 3700, UEF 4000). It's the easiest to counter (can be countered by flaks and die to SAM much sooner). As for damages, it deals only 2000 damages when Cybran deals 2750 damages and Aeon deals 3450.

If it would be true, it would be nice. But that is not. I tested that before posting. It deals like 3200 damadge total. This may be the same thing, like T3 arty had. That's why i posted it.

Check this replay: http://faforever.com/faf/vault/replay_v ... id=1879599

The T3 PGen near mex shows it's actual damadge.
Apofenas
Contributor

Postby pip » 19 Feb 2014, 08:17

Apofenas wrote:
pip wrote:All t3 bombers can kill t2 mexes in one pass except Cybran and Nomads. That is because of their big AOE. The Nomads T3 bomber also has 3200 HP (Cybran 3700, UEF 4000). It's the easiest to counter (can be countered by flaks and die to SAM much sooner). As for damages, it deals only 2000 damages when Cybran deals 2750 damages and Aeon deals 3450.

If it would be true, it would be nice. But that is not. I tested that before posting. It deals like 3200 damadge total. This may be the same thing, like T3 arty had. That's why i posted it.

Check this replay: http://faforever.com/faf/vault/replay_v ... id=1879599

The T3 PGen near mex shows it's actual damadge.

This is unintended, and probably happens since last FAF update. Will be fixed soon. Good catch.
pip
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Nomads Balance