nomad t3 tank

Balance discussions for The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

nomad t3 tank

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 11 Jan 2013, 10:40

DilliDalli wrote:1) The most important thing is to first check your facts, because you are probably wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Make a post, provide a replay.
3) Explain exactly why the unit cannot be countered effectively, and show that you have tried every way of countering it.
4) Listen to feedback. We'll discuss why the unit is the way it is.

5) If you get past the above, then we'll change it to make it balanced.

If you decide not to go through the above steps, we don't have to care what you say. Lots of time has been put into balancing nomads, and cursory remarks on your part are of little help to us.

ad 1)
i check db and play it afterwards. i asume i know what i am talking about. :geek:

ad 2)
t3 rush units with splash is really very impressive and op. manage to drop them to the enemy factory and in 7 seconds all engis are dead. manage to drop them in navy battles to enemy naval yard and in 7 seconds all engis are gone. (2 shots of this canon is enough to kill all). no build power game is over (next 5 mins he will outproduce u and overrun u easily).
no emergency t1 pds build can save u from such a tank - 1 shot and all pds are dead. no walls would help no build power would help (engis are dead, remember). so no harb, brick, percie, titan etc could manage that.
conclusion - splash is very impressive and op. :!:

range of the impressive super splash gun - take 7 of those and a brick is dead before he can give a shot. if you face with those tanks loyalists or titans - the splash hits for sure several bots and if you are lucky and 3 shots hit a couple - all of them are dead. additional this all happens before any of those bots could give a shot to the tank.
conclusion: super heavy splash gun with super wide range! :!:

speed of those tanks - 4!? wtf, harbs cost the same amount of mass as these freaking tanks, but have in mind - they outrange harbs by far, they got splash which hit several harbs at once, and they are faster and can retreat to come back after 7 secs to kill the next for free.
if you have the choice between 5 of those tanks and harbs what would u chose. and do u think its a fair fight? after they come in range at least 1 harbs dies - and if you r lucky a 2nd (WUAA SPLASH) - so it stands lets say 3 vs 5, nomad guy can chose to retreat for 7 secs to kill those for free or just rush in with the speed of 4! sure you can say the aoen guy has mob shields - but they are to slow to catch those tanks and get destroyed sooner or later.
conclusion: no other t3 attacking force can stop them. :!:

hover tanks with impressive super splash gun and road runner abilities of speed. there is a reason why t3 rush units dont hover but are amphibious with very weak torps. they are too cheap compared to ships! sera would be the faction with hover t3 tanks - but even there they didnt do it for good reason. but nomad tank (hover tanks with impressive super splash gun and road runner abilities of speed) can do it. i just imagine a navy fight were i can get 3 of those tanks vs 1 destroyer. sure the destroyer has range but not 15k hp and 1200dps and is almost as fast as the tanks. manage to drop those near the enemy naval fac and the navy fight is over. hovering t3 attack tanks is to much. well too much - we still have SPLASH and RANGE and SPEED.
conclusion - t3 attacking units should not be able to hover. :!:

after all, i think you guys should do a button to make him fly or give him a good aa weapon which brings me to point:

ad 3)
sure you can counter them, by air. :shock:

ad 4)
i will listen and i have little hope for a change - but at least i could give a little statement. :roll:
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: batmansrueckkehr

Re: nomad t3 tank

Postby ColonelSheppard » 11 Jan 2013, 11:25

i dun really know about the drops but when i saw this tanks last time they were not op
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 11 Jan 2013, 11:54

will watch rep when i am at home.
but just u (uef player) know, they outrange percies as well and are 2x that fast and cost less... so if u have 5 percies 7 of those tanks would rape them, if they are microed well.
u can only catch them with titans which have the same speed - and titans get eaten.
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: batmansrueckkehr

Postby pip » 11 Jan 2013, 23:00

What you don't seem to realize is that their "long" range weapon (38 range) has only 168 DPS compared to the 375 DPS of a Brick with 35 range. 3 range difference is not so big, because when you stay at distance, and still shoot, you are kind of "locked", and you don't back off at full speed, the Bricks can get in range and kill you easily because of twice DPS. Of course, you should not have your Bricks all massed together, same as when you attack a base defended by T2 DP, which have the same AOE (2) as Nomads t3 tanks, and you don't say it's OP that t2 pd can hit several Bricks if they are massed together.

T3 Nomads tanks are more versatile than other t3 units, and it's on purpose, because Nomads don't have shields or stealth or sniper bots or Loyalists. However, they need good micro to be really used efficiently, because if you send them into Bricks, Percies, Othuum and Harbingers without micro, they will just die because they have less HP, and less DPS thant the other t3 units.

Finally, you don't seem to know that all Nomads hover units have a 20% speed nerf over water, except Bullfrog and Crawler (experimentals) so speed of t3 tank is reduced on sea to around same speed as aurora. If Nomads have t3 hover tank, it's because they don't have t2 and t3 mobile shields like Sera and Aeon, nor Cybran stealth and Harms, nor UEF shield boat + super strong battleship, etc. Their hover tank makes up for the lack of shields on water. You can kill Nomads t3 tanks from a distance with any fleet, so only if the Nomad player has also a good fleet can he really use t3 hover tank efficiently.

However, I agree with you about the speed. I have seen in game and in replays that they are a bit too fast on land (also on sea), so they will get a speed nerf (3.6 instead of 4 on land and 2.88 instead of 3.2 on sea). That will make them much easier to counter on sea.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Softly » 11 Jan 2013, 23:44

Yes, on sea they are absolute mincemeat against destroyers since they have relatively bad range and speed, you can just kite them all day long. I will agree that they effectively counter frigates, but then you have invested into a t3 land fac by this stage and imho t1 vs t3... not much more to say really.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby MushrooMars » 29 Jan 2013, 01:19

In all honesty, the T3 tank is scary. It's like a miniature experimental with it's size, hovering and amount of firepower, but aside from the intimidation value, it kinda sucks.
MushrooMars

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MushrooMars

Postby Golol » 24 Mar 2013, 19:17

@pip
didnt test it but cant you just shoot, and then get the f*** away with high speed until the 7 seconds are over and shoot again?
I think the tanks should maybe get a buff on health dps on the small cannon but make it cost 1280 mass (like percie and brick)
its a superheavy tank. not a t3 light assault tank ^^
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

A

Postby pip » 24 Mar 2013, 20:50

Golol wrote:@pip
didnt test it but cant you just shoot, and then get the f*** away with high speed until the 7 seconds are over and shoot again?
I think the tanks should maybe get a buff on health dps on the small cannon but make it cost 1280 mass (like percie and brick)
its a superheavy tank. not a t3 light assault tank ^^

Yes, until the 7 seconds are over. That's very long. Also, then you use only one weapon instead of 2, so half the DPS. It has less HP than any other t3 big units and less DPs, but is faster and one weapon has long range.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby MushrooMars » 26 Mar 2013, 17:28

The Nomads in general have less health, in trade for some sort of powerful weapon. The T3 Tank is sort of a merge between Sniper Bots, Armored Assault Bots, and Siege Assault Bots. And a kick-ass hovertank.
MushrooMars

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MushrooMars

Postby pip » 26 Mar 2013, 19:17

Yes, and it needs to kick ass because Nomads don't have mobile shields nor mobile stealth.
pip
Supreme Commander

Next

Return to Nomads Balance