oke, thx guys! im going to try this :)
pulli
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: pulli

Re: Land Unit balance

Postby pip » 26 Jul 2012, 13:57

Thanks for the replays and also to Raging for fixing the replays page!
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Softly » 27 Jul 2012, 00:25

So to write up what I was thinking and discussing earlier, I think that the t1 sniper bot needs to be pushed up a bit in cost and build time so that it has a greater effect on the number of tanks you can put alongside in a fight. This would keep it firmly in the minority support role for larger t1 armys, as otherwise you would be unable to compete in terms of tank numbers.

I would put this on top of the reload time nerf, or alternatively put the reload time up even further to maybe 14 seconds.

Its important to remember that it is totally unique to the nomads and given the lack of variety in other factions t1 bots may prove hard to counter as there are limited options at that stage of the game.

Please tell me if you think I'm on the right track here :)
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 27 Jul 2012, 08:42

increasing reload time is a high risk of getting a lot of overkill. if u have 4 sniper bots to destroy a t1 pd and all fire at once it needs 14 sec (or whatever) to kill that pd and we have 1k dmg overkill. same would be if it "snipers" a almost dead tank - and again 14 secs waste of time. i think the 8 secs r fine - adjusting the cost and build time is the way to go there. what came to my mind was what if u have to deploy the tank killer? i think there is something similar in a mod for an uef unit. well, just an idea.
an other idea would be, ok set the reload time to 14 secs but increase the range a bit too. so it can engage the enemy hordes earlier to get maybe a 2nd shot done before dying.

keep in mind, nomads need something to get rid of t1 pds. the arty seems to take too long so tank killers is the only way. or the arty gets changed too...
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

FAF User Name: batmansrueckkehr

Postby killhard » 28 Jul 2012, 13:48

You cant dodge snipers tanks with acu so placing them infront of army is like pd with arty range , if other faction arty wanted to shoot it they will be dead because when in range they sniper have already shot the arty , and ok labs are maybe good vs snipers but when protected by few tanks labs want do no damage ath all.

So i think the sniper need longer reload or definitly be more expensive .

Ah just saying i like nomads and the guys working on it do a great job :)
killhard
Crusader

FAF User Name: killhard

Postby Brute51 » 28 Jul 2012, 16:05

Good to see you guys discussing about T1 balance. Two things I didn't see mentioned here so I thought I'd bring them up:

- The T1 tank destroyer is very accurate when it's not moving but it is very inaccurate when it is moving. How feasible is it to drive your group of tanks right in their group in an attempt to get the destroyers moving? When that happens the tank destroyer is useless.

- The T1 mobile AA unit is an AA gun first and an artillery unit second. It doesn't do a lot of damage. It actually is an artillery aswell only because I realised you need something that works on non-flat terrain and mountains, etc. The main damage do-er at T1 is supposed to be the tank destroyer.

Oh by the way, in the coming update the T1 tank received a small nerf. I'll see if I can get that database updated once the new version is out.
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Softly » 29 Jul 2012, 13:48

I'm not sure how to link replays here but I played a game against killhard 1v1 where I'd say the main difference between us was that I used the tank destroyers more in my army. It did in the end come down to him making a tank push to get me to move, but given that I had tanks of my own and how my tank destroyers had been thinning him out it wasn't massively effective.

What I did was use my t1 tank destroyers rather like people use a t2 pd creep, just push forwards a little at a time supported by my units.

You know where to find the replay.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby Brute51 » 29 Jul 2012, 17:23

To post links to replays post this as a link in a post: fafreplay://<game ID> (where <game ID> is the id number without the < and >). To watch replays someone posted install this: http://www.fa-nomads.com/faf/fafreplaylauncher.msi . Then click on the link and FAF does the rest.
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Softly » 01 Aug 2012, 18:08

Can we reduce the cost of the mobile missile defense to say 180 mass? Atm they cost the same as mmls at 200 mass, and only block mml missiles one for one. Yes they can reclaim, but a counter should always be cheaper than the attack.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby Sunny » 03 Jan 2013, 02:21

We with DilliDalli did some sandboxing
In short.

- 20 Bandits vs 20 Strikers = 4 strikers left.
- 1 Bandit vs 1 Striker = mutual kill.
- ML cannot kill 18 Bricks with laser as it's (and for some time apparently) 30 range. It can with it's artillery over long time.
- ML can kill 2 beamers straight. And ML's laser is even more broken, than Beamer's.
- Surprisingly GC can kill 22 Bricks with certain micro (and will have like 10k hp with veterancy), when it utilizes it's tracktor beam and bricks for some reason can't run behind it.
- Crawler can kill a Beamer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sunny

FAF User Name: Sunny

PreviousNext

Return to Nomads Balance