Land Unit balance

Balance discussions for The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Re: Land Unit balance

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 25 Jul 2012, 09:15

is there a db of the nomad units? would be easier to compare and for testing.

for my first 1v1 expirience against nomads with cybran, i would say they r a bit too strong at t1 stage. i dont know about other tech levels because i got bashed before that stage :(
it was strange that those t1 tanks just overrun my mantis that easy so pulli and me did some testing - note the rep pulli posted.
nomads t1 tanks just overrun equal manits easily- so 20 nomads tanks vs 20 manits and 8 or 7 nomads tank survived. i dont know all the stats - range, speed, build time etc. would be nice to know.

beamer is better than ml - it is cheaper 1/2 of the ml costs and 2 of it beat a ml. so if you need a fast t4 to break thru def it is the best option. and if your opponent starts a ml, you can do 2 beamer and r save. dont know if this is intended, but i would always rush beamer when it comes to t3 stage and longer. and even with the mob t3 aa u cant stop that with air. on the other hand nomads have no mob shields.. so not easy to decide where to go there. but consider how to stop a beamer rush with some t1/t2 units and t3 mob aa? have in mind percies/bricks etc needs a longer build time as a beamer.
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: batmansrueckkehr

Postby Softly » 25 Jul 2012, 09:30

Yes- theres a link to it here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1346
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby pip » 25 Jul 2012, 13:46

Thanks for the feedback!
Note that the database is currently out of date and build 31 will have many balance tweaks, so you can run all your tests again soon ^^, based on the changelog (and hopefully an updated database).

By the way, your tests are not very accurate. You need to micro the units according to their use in real games, at least move them, otherwise, it's not conclusive. For instance, you'll have Hoplites with mobile stealth or Mongeese and mobile shields vs EMP tanks and main t2 bots or hover tanks, Harbingers and mobile shields vs EMP tanks (anti shields units) and Nova. These are more accurate tests.

Better : play several games on the same map in real 1v1 with one player using Nomads and the other another faction, focusing or not on some units, adapting, etc. These would be the best tests :-)
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 25 Jul 2012, 14:26

pulli and me will play more 1v1s for sure. but as i said, i could hardly win with mantis vs gnasher (almost same hp but 15% higher dps). maybe i really have to adapt there with a better mix of tanks and arties. this way i could come to t2 or even higher. tbh we had not much time to test emp vs shield combos, but i guess this situation will come up in future.
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

Postby Softly » 25 Jul 2012, 15:28

mantis vs gnasher is similar to mantis vs t1 uef surely?

same dps and 10-15% higher hp for uef
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby pulli » 25 Jul 2012, 17:33

is it possible to export the FA database in an excel file? coz im overstrained to "work" with this database like this... or is there a trick to compare, as example, all t1 land units on one page?
pulli
Crusader

FAF User Name: pulli

Postby pip » 25 Jul 2012, 19:20

pulli wrote:is it possible to export the FA database in an excel file? coz im overstrained to "work" with this database like this... or is there a trick to compare, as example, all t1 land units on one page?

You can check the box for every unit you want and thus compare 4 or 5 units together.
But the database is out of date so be warned.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 25 Jul 2012, 20:43

all t1 tanks have about 24 dps.. only auroa have 26.. uef t1 have more hp but they r slower too. but u can still compete vs strikers with mantis.. but vs nomads tanks no way, i think. 4 more dps is a lot.. imagine 20 v 20 it is 80 more dps etc..
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

Postby pulli » 25 Jul 2012, 20:44

oke here some ordred replays :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pulli
Crusader

FAF User Name: pulli

Postby Raging_Squirrel » 25 Jul 2012, 20:44

go to http://www.faforever.com/faf/unitsDB/
open page source
find "$(":checkbox").click(function() { ..."
a little below, there will be a line "if (checked_boxes.size() > 3) {"
edit the number
apply the changes (you can do so in opera)

or if you think that's above your level of understanding, just fabricate yourself a link like this:
http://www.faforever.com/faf/unitsDB/un ... 02,URB0303

the pattern is obvious ;)
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat with experience.
Raging_Squirrel
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Raging_Squirrel

PreviousNext

Return to Nomads Balance